ADVERTISEMENT

scott forst is not a good coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost has already done more than Pelini did in his lone 7 years as a D-1 head coach by winning games that matter. Pelini is a good coach, but there's too much going on off the field for him to succeed at the highest level. He didn't get canned at Nebby because he only won 9 games a year. He was a shitty person that I don't think most respected programs would want as the face of their program. Iowa included. I wouldn't want to see him drag the Iowa program through the mud, fan or not.

So because Iowa & Wisconsin are even historically means that Nebraska is the outlier? Despite history telling you that Nebraska is a notch above both? Iowa's last conference title is as significant as Nebraskas. No one remembers either one and the current kids don't care. So, what is it going to take for each program to overtake Wisconsin?
Do remember that the success Frost has had that your speaking of was not in the BIG, with a schedule full of 9 BIG games, not the JV schedule he was playing against in his past job. This sounds very similar to all the blather from you shuckers when you joined the BIG, and how you were going to kick ass and take names. Please show us the skins on you trophy wall from all of your glorious BIG seasons. How about you wait until your guy wins something in the BIG, before you come here with your smug, (we're just better then you attitude), OK? You just can't can you?

I say everybody needs to just wait and see. Frost hasn’t even coached a game here yet, husker fans and other cfb fans have gotten way ahead of themselves. I hope he turns Nebraska around and believe he can but realistically lets wait and see how this year goes
Good god you must be so lonely on the Neb site. Someone with even an ounce of common sense thats a Nebraska fan. Will wonders never cease?

Do remember that the success Frost has had that your speaking of was not in the BIG, with a schedule full of 9 BIG games, not the JV schedule he was playing against in his past job. This sounds very similar to all the blather from you shuckers when you joined the BIG, and how you were going to kick ass and take names. Please show us the skins on you trophy wall from all of your glorious BIG seasons. How about you wait until your guy wins something in the BIG, before you come here with your smug, (we're just better then you attitude), OK? You just can't can you?

Haha what? Your reading comprehension sucks. I never said a word about Frost coming in and taking over the B1G. Iowa & Nebraska have equally done mostly nothing since Nebraska joined the B1G. Nebraska continues to recruit at a slightly higher level than both Iowa & Wisconsin and you don't think that with the right coaching staff that Nebraska can't do what Wisconsin has been doing? Get a grip dude.

I think if Nebraska wins 9 games than that would constitute a great season for them.
The only problem is they have had this in the past and fired both of their coaches with the same results.
Has reality set in for the corn shuckers that they aren't relevant in college football anymore?
He can recruit all the fire power on offense, but if he doesn't build his lines they will get steam rolled in this league.

Haha what? Your reading comprehension sucks. I never said a word about Frost coming in and taking over the B1G. Iowa & Nebraska have equally done mostly nothing since Nebraska joined the B1G. Nebraska continues to recruit at a slightly higher level than both Iowa & Wisconsin and you don't think that with the right coaching staff that Nebraska can't do what Wisconsin has been doing? Get a grip dude.
Oh how the mighty have fallen Nebraska. Not long ago you would not have deemed Iowa worthy of anything but your lack of interest. And now, you've become Minnesota. Sending us warnings of whats to come our way, when you finally grow up, all the while hoping you can at least stay within 2 touchdowns of Iowa on game day. Oh, my apologies to the gophers. At least our games usually have some competitive moments, unlike the ass whippings handed out to the boys from the school of Nowledge.
You "get a grip dude", and come back when you got some actual evidence that you can compete for a BIG title, and not just more of your running off at the mouth. OK?

Oh how the mighty have fallen Nebraska. Not long ago you would not have deemed Iowa worthy of anything but your lack of interest. And now, you've become Minnesota. Sending us warnings of whats to come our way, when you finally grow up, all the while hoping you can at least stay within 2 touchdowns of Iowa on game day. Oh, my apologies to the gophers. At least our games usually have some competitive moments, unlike the ass whippings handed out to the boys from the school of Nowledge.
You "get a grip dude", and come back when you got some actual evidence that you can compete for a BIG title, and not just more of your running off at the mouth. OK?

Haha. Again, your reading comprehension sucks. I never once sent any "warnings of what's to come." Its impossible to have a real football conversation with people like you.

Nebraska has recruited at a higher level than Iowa in recent years. Problem is, the game is won in the trenches where Little Red has shown how soft they are. Get all the skill players you want, but your o-line and d-line play weak, spineless football. That is how games get out of hand like 56-12 and 40-10. This year will be fun.

Nebraska has recruited at a higher level than Iowa in recent years. Problem is, the game is won in the trenches where Little Red has shown how soft they are. Get all the skill players you want, but your o-line and d-line play weak, spineless football. That is how games get out of hand like 56-12 and 40-10. This year will be fun.

I'm not sure you should be beating your chest for Iowa for putting up 56 on Nebraska. The defense gave up 40+ five times, surrendering 50+ in four of those games. The Huskers gave up 54, 56, and 56 in the last three games to Minnesota, Penn State, and Iowa. We clearly demonstrated we couldn't stop any team with a pulse. I'm honestly surprised it took you so long. Iowa and Nebraska were tied at 14 at halftime. Minnesota had Nebraska whipped by that time. They ran for almost 100 more yards on Nebraska than Iowa did. Pretty ho-hum.

Haha. Again, your reading comprehension sucks. I never once sent any "warnings of what's to come." Its impossible to have a real football conversation with people like you.
And your unable to comprehend what you yourself type. You just got done saying that there is no reason that you can't do whatever Wisky has done, (like control the west). First off there are reasons, like the fact that the Badgers can fight it out in the trenches, and have the premier defense in the west. Things that Nebraska has not shown as strengths since they joined the BIG, nor has Frost shown the ability to do these things in a balanced power 5 conference. To this point YOU, like your team are all talk. I'm a Hawk fan, but I live in Missouri. SHOW ME!

I'm not sure you should be beating your chest for Iowa for putting up 56 on Nebraska. The defense gave up 40+ five times, surrendering 50+ in four of those games. The Huskers gave up 54, 56, and 56 in the last three games to Minnesota, Penn State, and Iowa. We clearly demonstrated we couldn't stop any team with a pulse. I'm honestly surprised it took you so long. Iowa and Nebraska were tied at 14 at halftime. Minnesota had Nebraska whipped by that time. They ran for almost 100 more yards on Nebraska than Iowa did. Pretty ho-hum.
Oh. I get it. Powerhouse Minnesota was able to kick your ass too, albeit at home. You seem to be pretty proud of yourself? You are way too soft.

I'm not sure you should be beating your chest for Iowa for putting up 56 on Nebraska. The defense gave up 40+ five times, surrendering 50+ in four of those games. The Huskers gave up 54, 56, and 56 in the last three games to Minnesota, Penn State, and Iowa. We clearly demonstrated we couldn't stop any team with a pulse. I'm honestly surprised it took you so long. Iowa and Nebraska were tied at 14 at halftime. Minnesota had Nebraska whipped by that time. They ran for almost 100 more y

LULZ.

This is precious. Been taking spin classes from CycloneFanatic?

Allot of Iowa fans who are saying we will fail again with Frost seem to feel our teams will be soft like they have the last three years.

I don’t agree with that.

I can guarantee one thing, Scott Frost’s teams will play tough, , both mentally and from a physical standpoint. How that translates into wins or losses has yet to be determined.

I don’t expect much next year with our road schedule, but I a am thinking we will start to see meaningful progress each year, and by year 3 or 4 we will be a threat to win the Division.

Allot of Iowa fans who are saying we will fail again with Frost seem to feel our teams will be soft like they have the last three years.

I don’t agree with that.

I can guarantee one thing, Scott Frost’s teams will play tough, , both mentally and from a physical standpoint. How that translates into wins or losses has yet to be determined.

I don’t expect much next year with our road schedule, but I a am thinking we will start to see meaningful progress each year, and by year 3 or 4 we will be a threat to win the Division.
I actually agree with you. I just like giving you mopes shit when you are constantly spending time on the Iowa board. Frost may be really good. Only time will tell.

Seems to be a lot of frightened Hawkeyes here hoping NU stays in the dumpster fire but deep down knowing it will get turned around...

Seems to be a lot of frightened Hawkeyes here hoping NU stays in the dumpster fire but deep down knowing it will get turned around...
yawn1.gif

I admit I'm frightened. The great Nebraska machine might compete for a B1G West Division title in the next 2-3 years. Say that sentence out loud and then comprehend it. You pretend that all you want is to be competitive again. It's not true. I grew up with Debbie fans. Nebraska football is all you have in life. You think Frost is returning you to the heyday. That's sad. That isn't happening.

I hate Nebraska as much as anyone and I doubt they will ever reach the heights they once had but there's no reason they can't win the West division and be a top-10 team again on a consistent basis..... Their path to get back on top is long and winding but it exists and the right Coach could speed the process significantly... They have everything the other Blue-Blood programs have and everything smaller programs wish they had: Multi-National Championships, top-notch facilities, tradition and pedigree. I believe they are 3rd all time in wins.. They recruit well (Need to do better to get back to National Prominence) but they typically have higher rated classes than Iowa or Wisconsin... I am hoping Scott Frost flops just like Reilly and Callahan did but I fear he will be better...
No, Nebraska doesn't have everything that other "blue-blood" programs have...they are located in a poor recruiting area and in a generally cold weather climate. Other programs within the country and certainly the B10 have nice facilities too. Tradition only takes you so far as current recruits no little, to nothing, of their past. I'm not buying that Nebby will leap frog Wisconsin & Iowa, or perhaps not even Northwestern.

Glad you have finally accepted the "suckiness" of the new Nebraska cornhuskers!

So, with a substantial coaching upgrade for Nebraska (Frost > Pelini & Riley) and the fact they're still out recruiting Iowa & Wisconsin doesn't mean they can't take over Wisconsin as the top of the B1G West? Iowa isn't doing anything to show that they can take over the division & Wisconsin will be Wisconsin until someone knocks them off. Nebraska is taking much more proactive and effective steps to do it than Iowa is. Northwestern? Haha. Minnesota? Haha. Until Iowa steps its game up another notch, it'll be Nebraska & Wisconsin. What is Iowa doing to try and be the top dog in the division? Nothing. And all Iowa fans know it.

This is why several dislike Husker fan. 'What steps are you doing to take the division'?

I think Wisconsin & Iowa have an identity, which is why their recruiting is the way it is - guys who fit their mold.

Nebraska, however, does not have any kind of identity except to recruit a bunch if 3 & 4 star receivers that fluff up their recruiting rankings. Let's remember who's won the west the past 4 seasons. Wisconsin 3, Iowa 1, Nebraska - 0.

So don't come here with that superiority complex. You haven't done anything in the B1G to sniff the top two places in the West!

This is why several dislike Husker fan. 'What steps are you doing to take the division'?

I think Wisconsin & Iowa have an identity, which is why their recruiting is the way it is - guys who fit their mold.

Nebraska, however, does not have any kind of identity except to recruit a bunch if 3 & 4 star receivers that fluff up their recruiting rankings. Let's remember who's won the west the past 4 seasons. Wisconsin 3, Iowa 1, Nebraska - 0.

So don't come here with that superiority complex. You haven't done anything in the B1G to sniff the top two places in the West!
Boom what he said.

Glad you have finally accepted the "suckiness" of the new Nebraska cornhuskers!

Yeah, we sucked last year. It's not a secret and it's the truth. Iowa scoring 56 on us doesn't hurt as bad as some people thinks it does or should. We got ran through like a $10 hooker last year. Congrats on the win. By the time we got to the Iowa game, the pain had gotten to the point of numbness. I'm sure you remember what a 4 win season feels like (2012). You didn't have the defensive issues we had this year, but you did lose to a MAC school. It sucks, and, by the end of the year, you know better than to get your hopes up.

I admit I'm frightened. The great Nebraska machine might compete for a B1G West Division title in the next 2-3 years. Say that sentence out loud and then comprehend it. You pretend that all you want is to be competitive again. It's not true. I grew up with Debbie fans. Nebraska football is all you have in life. You think Frost is returning you to the heyday. That's sad. That isn't happening.

I think every Husker fan wants to win big and be dominant again. Once you experience how that feels, you never really lose the desire to return to it, even if other fan bases try to shame you for it. But the first step is to actually be competitive. Why is it silly to want to compete for the division again first?

I think every Husker fan wants to win big and be dominant again. Once you experience how that feels, you never really lose the desire to return to it, even if other fan bases try to shame you for it. But the first step is to actually be competitive. Why is it silly to want to compete for the division again first?

It's not silly.

Silly is coming to an opposing teams board and bragging about your history.

This is precious. Been taking spin classes from CycloneFanatic?

You're annoyed I'm not giving you as big of a pat on the back as you feel is deserved for Iowa hanging 50+ on that Husker defense last year. Iowa was simply the last team to do it. It was demonstrated pretty regularly that Nebraska were poorly coached and lacked toughness and athleticism to stop teams with any consistency.

Do you see dozens of Hawk fans on the Nebraska boards?

We're not over there rubbing your nose in it.

You should have seen the red migration over here starting about three years ago attempting to educate us on your storied history, that our ownage of you was temporary etc ad nauseum.

Please forgive the lack of jumping jacks over the next nub poster getting excited about nub football....on an Iowa board.

Do you need our blessing?

You're annoyed I'm not giving you as big of a pat on the back as you feel is deserved for Iowa hanging 50+ on that Husker defense last year. Iowa was simply the last team to do it. It was demonstrated pretty regularly that Nebraska were poorly coached and lacked toughness and athleticism to stop teams with any consistency.
Spot on. This is the case for most over here. I for one just personally love that my hawks destroyed two bluebloods in a single season.

Reactions: Chinnutshawk
Do you see dozens of Hawk fans on the Nebraska boards?

We're not over there rubbing your nose in it.

You should have seen the red migration over here starting about three years ago attempting to educate us on your storied history, that our ownage of you was temporary etc ad nauseum.

Please forgive the lack of jumping jacks over the next nub poster getting excited about nub football....on an Iowa board.

Do you need our blessing?

I'm not asking you to get excited or give your blessing. I don't care if Iowa posters are on the Husker board. I like interacting with people who don't think or have the same perspective as me. It helps me appreciate things I don't have much knowledge of.

I'm sorry you felt frustrated by some Husker fans coming to your board. If it causes a problem for you, logging off the internet might be a good idea. There are so many opportunities to get worked up around every corner of the internet.

There appear to be a decent number of Hawk fans who are reasonable and
don't allow crazy posters to live rent-free in their heads. I'm sure you're probably one of them most of the time.

I do have to say, that there are a good number of Husker-based threads started and or kept alive on this board by Iowa folks. If your mod just deleted those, I bet there wouldn't be many Husker fans over here?

Last edited:
I'm not asking you to get excited or give your blessing. I don't care if Iowa posters are on the Husker board. I like interacting with people who don't think or have the same perspective as other people. It helps me appreciate things I don't have much knowledge of.

I'm sorry you felt frustrated by some Husker fans coming to your board. If it causes a problem for you, logging off the internet might be a good idea. There are so many opportunities to get worked up around every corner of the internet.

There appear to be a decent number of Hawk fans who are reasonable and
don't allow crazy posters to live rent-free in their heads. I'm sure you're probably one of them most of the time.

I do have to say, that there are a good number of Husker-based threads started and or kept alive on this board by Iowa folks. If your mod just deleted those, I bet there wouldn't be many Husker fans over here?
Uh oh now you did it! I agree with some of this, it’s why I listen to political talk radio of the party I oppose, who wants to hear the opinion of those who agree with you? Oh wait, that’s what a home board is for, amirite?

Annoyed? No, I think it's hilarious! Husker fan becomes more like Cyclone fan with each passing year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT