ADVERTISEMENT

Sealey to PSU…

We have 4 wrestlers who are legit title contenders. If you're not excited and are ruling us out of contention on Nov 1, then take the year off.

Of course I'm excited.

And I'll go to the majority of the meets just like I have in the past with my season tickets.

But the fact is, we are trying to catch up to PSU.

If you can't see that, take the blinders off.

Reactions: Thommystud
Back in the day, you could get in a fight and not be considered public enemy number 1. Times have changed and as a society, we have put labels such as toxic masculinity and others on men. The saying "boys will be boys" does not hold water anymore.
The guy from the 80's would be in jail now. I should know, I was one of them.
I did a few nights in jail for disorderly stuff like fighting in the 70’s

maybe I’m misunderstanding your point but Royce Alger getting in fights is a hell of a lot different than what the Ferrari kid did

he’d be safer in jail if that was one of my daughters

Over? Did you say the recruiting process is over ? NOTHING is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor ? HELL NO !!!!! Where's the Hawkeye Spirit ? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest season of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. Ooh , we're afraid to to go with you, TNT, we might get in trouble. Well kiss my A$$ from now on ! Not Me ! I'm not gonna take this.
I like your style

A few things that are all true at the same time...

Iowa's recruiting has improved. Iowa's ability to attract top transfers has improved. Iowa's results have improved. I'm elated about the 2021 title. Kudos to the coaches and the donors.

We continue to struggle to produce individual NCAA champs, let alone multi-time champs (other than one). We continue to fill 25-33% of the lineup with mid-tier recruits who seldom progress beyond fringe AA. The HWC hasn't produced an Olympian in multiple cycles.

I'm optimistic about Iowa's new guys coming in. I'm optimistic about the new facility. But we're not yet firing on all cylinders, and Penn State is at the moment.

I think the glass-half-full and glass-half-empty people are all describing the same situation.

Iowa's recruiting has improved. Iowa's ability to attract top transfers has improved. Iowa's results have improved. I'm elated about the 2021 title. Kudos to the coaches and the donors.

We continue to struggle to produce individual NCAA champs, let alone multi-time champs (other than one). We continue to fill 25-33% of the lineup with mid-tier recruits who seldom progress beyond fringe AA. The HWC hasn't produced an Olympian in multiple cycles.

I'm optimistic about Iowa's new guys coming in. I'm optimistic about the new facility. But we're not yet firing on all cylinders, and Penn State is at the moment.

I think the glass-half-full and glass-half-empty people are all describing the same situation.
HWC hasn’t produced an Olympian in 1 cycle. Dennis went in 16

If Iowa is lacking anywhere as of right now it would be the HWC. The results can't be argued. With that said they brought in a nice class from last year. They have the #1 facility coming up. They have a great freestyler in Lee coming. They've tapped the well for the facility, so the endowment might take a bit. I believe that is the next step. Unfortunately it's a process and one that we are coming from behind on, but definitely moving in the right direction. You ain't overcoming the NLWC overnight. Sounds like Iowa wasn't in Sealey's top 5. Not trying to be egotistical, as you can't with one title in 10 years, but my guess would be he wasn't Iowa's focus. I do hate whenever someone loses someone that is what is said though.
NLWC gets Kyle Dake the HWC gets Kyle Summers. I don’t see an issue.

i saw that too and had the same thought,but maybe a little alex marinelli,spencer lee and tony cassioppi is just what he needs
ask Austin Desanto and see what he has to say about his life style and personality changes after being with the Iowa guys and after he bought into the Brands mentality... as much of a showboat as Ferrari is... I bet the Brands brothers would have a smile when they took on that kid as a challenge !!

I did a few nights in jail for disorderly stuff like fighting in the 70’s

maybe I’m misunderstanding your point but Royce Alger getting in fights is a hell of a lot different than what the Ferrari kid did

he’d be safer in jail if that was one of my daughters
How about one of the stars of the late 70'/ early 80's grabbing a girl's breasts in public. She then slaps him and he punches her in the face - in public. I am not going to name names, but it happened.

I do not condone what Albert Ferrari did and I hope he receives an appropriate punishment and learns from it, but do not think the Hawks of the 70's and 80's were angels.

Even the number of fights Royce got into would have him labeled as a bad apple and a black mark on the Hawks team, in this day and age. The difference was, everyone was doing that sort of thing all over the country. Times are different and the snowflakes are guiding the narrative.

How about one of the stars of the late 70'/ early 80's grabbing a girl's breasts in public. She then slaps him and he punches her in the face - in public. I am not going to name names, but it happened.

I do not condone what Albert Ferrari did and I hope he receives an appropriate punishment and learns from it, but do not think the Hawks of the 70's and 80's were angels.

Even the number of fights Royce got into would have him labeled as a bad apple and a black mark on the Hawks team, in this day and age. The difference was, everyone was doing that sort of thing all over the country. Times are different and the snowflakes are guiding the narrative.
I’m an 80 grad. Saw it all, or at least heard about it
We, as a society, take ourselves way too seriously these days
It’s too bad and likely irreversible

Enjoy and respect these comments always from a former program wrestler
Yes, looking into the Programs prism can provide different perspectives
Changes have been made in all facets beginning 5 or 6 years ago. We see:
Recruits come in and be the #1 rated team and BigT champs in 2020. They got screwed out of a title but the results of the changes are there from what we all wanted
2021 title was a long time coming and validates the changes and 2020 as the best team 2 years running
2022 is wiped out due to injuries. Very tough to watch but shit happens
I posted earlier on all the recruits who walked in now 14 months ago to those who’ve agreed to next year. Is there a better group anywhere?
The facility took a long time and will b done soon
HWC supports its own (Iowa grads). It does not have the dough to pay like NLWC. HWC funding is way better than 5 or 10 years ago, but to compete w PSU it likely needs 3 million more year. Whose gonna step up? If post grad Nat & World presence is what you want, way more Jack is needed. As it stands, we have a great group of training partners for our guys. You don’t have to b a World champ to b a great training partner. I do hope these guys get too results, in the meantime HWC just don’t have the Jack to bring in the talent mentioned in this thread
2023 team will make us proud. The future looks bright with all the talent coming in
We need to support the program in any way we can. I guess that from being in the Cesspool to going to meets to donation s to any other means that keeps us on top

Bluder 100 % made the right decision
Can you imagine the embarrassment caused to his daughter by not getting to play for her hometown university AND having her father booted from Carver before a game?

so I’m getting confused are you saying this all justifies bringing the Ferarri family shit show into our program ?

honestly don’t know what your point is….. if what you’re describing took place 50 years ago not sure how it influences the current program and have no clue what you’re talking about as far as your example

wrong is wrong and history of bad behavior doesn’t justify anything…. I’ve seriously lost track of your point

sounds like some whataboutisms and seriously there’s plenty of snowflakes on both sides…. how about accepting a defeat and shaking hands vs inciting insurrection? want to talk snowflakes?????

terms like toxic masculinity are triggers….. bottom line is behave like a man should behave and it’s never an issue….. it’s not that hard and if you’re a sleaze and behave like a sleaze and have to answer for it….. then blame others….. you’re the snowflake

Horrible take on the previously noted story.

Sexual assault isn't society taking itself "way too seriously these days."

Having a daughter, and understanding the sheer power a man has, both physical and societal, I'm glad there are more mechanisms in place to shield her from "boys will be boys" behavior.

so I’m getting confused are you saying this all justifies bringing the Ferarri family shit show into our program ?

honestly don’t know what your point is….. if what you’re describing took place 50 years ago not sure how it influences the current program and have no clue what you’re talking about as far as your example

wrong is wrong and history of bad behavior doesn’t justify anything…. I’ve seriously lost track of your point

sounds like some whataboutisms and seriously there’s plenty of snowflakes on both sides…. how about accepting a defeat and shaking hands vs inciting insurrection? want to talk snowflakes?????

terms like toxic masculinity are triggers….. bottom line is behave like a man should behave and it’s never an issue….. it’s not that hard and if you’re a sleaze and behave like a sleaze and have to answer for it….. then blame others….. you’re the snowflake
Welcome to the rubicon. Passports will be needed in future to cross this line, imo.

Reactions: natchrlman
Guess I have to say it again. 1) The idiot AF has not been convicted of anything YET. I am guessing he will be, but as of right now, he is still just a dumb ass!

That being said, why does his younger brother have to be condemned? I understand his father is a horses ass, his brother is a horses ass, but many have said this kid is not the same. In todays world, it is pretty darn easy to do the research on the kid and find out quickly if he is someone you should try to bring in.

Social media would be a good start. Asking his coaches, teachers, teammates, etc.... would also be relatively easy enough. Then ask opposing coaches, club coaches, go to a few matches/ tournaments.

This should be done for every HIGH level recruit who expresses interest, which I do not even know if this kid has? Then IF all checks out and he decides to visit. You would obviously explain what the program is all about, what the expectations and the rules are etc.... and you probably would express your concerns to his entire family, IF it goes a step further and he is talking about coming.

Could it still possible all go wrong on you? Sure it could, but this is why the coaches get paid a lot of $$$$! The recruiting is a BIG part as we all know, and this kid is just another prospect that you have to evaluate. " OK, Tom, MStar, Terry, how do you feel about the info we have gathered? How was meeting the kid and parents? What are the +s and the -s ???? Should we take a chance on this kid????

Guess I have to say it again. 1) The idiot AF has not been convicted of anything YET. I am guessing he will be, but as of right now, he is still just a dumb ass!

That being said, why does his younger brother have to be condemned? I understand his father is a horses ass, his brother is a horses ass, but many have said this kid is not the same. In todays world, it is pretty darn easy to do the research on the kid and find out quickly if he is someone you should try to bring in.

Social media would be a good start. Asking his coaches, teachers, teammates, etc.... would also be relatively easy enough. Then ask opposing coaches, club coaches, go to a few matches/ tournaments.

This should be done for every HIGH level recruit who expresses interest, which I do not even know if this kid has? Then IF all checks out and he decides to visit. You would obviously explain what the program is all about, what the expectations and the rules are etc.... and you probably would express your concerns to his entire family, IF it goes a step further and he is talking about coming.

Could it still possible all go wrong on you? Sure it could, but this is why the coaches get paid a lot of $$$$! The recruiting is a BIG part as we all know, and this kid is just another prospect that you have to evaluate. " OK, Tom, MStar, Terry, how do you feel about the info we have gathered? How was meeting the kid and parents? What are the +s and the -s ???? Should we take a chance on this kid????
that’s what I said originally…. he can’t help who his family is but they are some bigtime baggage….. probably not fair but it is what it is…..would be a good story if he came to IC and his family wasn’t a distraction and he had a nice career didn’t embarrass the program

not a bet I’d take unfortunately

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
Just out of curiosity, if grabbing a girl's breasts in public and punching her in the face isn't serious, what would you call it?
I never said physical abuse was ok. There was always a line. I don’t know about this alleged incident. Did u see it? Were charges brought?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip220 and Gobblin
Horrible take on the previously noted story.

Sexual assault isn't society taking itself "way too seriously these days."

Having a daughter, and understanding the sheer power a man has, both physical and societal, I'm glad there are more mechanisms in place to shield her from "boys will be boys" behavior.
The post I commented on had general issues to it

No where do I condone physical abuse

I stand by the general comment that todays society of wokeism has gone way too far

like the above or not, no issue to me

Last edited:
The post I commented on had general issues to it

No where do I condone physical abuse

I stand by the general comment that todays society of wokeism has gone way too far

like the above or not, no issue to me

Does anyone wanna touch Ferrari with a 10 foot pole at this point? He's arguably a better prospect than big brother. No idea if his behavior matches though..
The youngest smashed sealy and dominated the best weight class in the country. Sealy wasn’t even close…

Reactions: Grip220

I never said physical abuse was ok. There was always a line. I don’t know about this alleged incident. Did u see it? Were charges brought?

Look at your three statements in order which you used to respond to a post about alleged physical and sexual assaults. Just how did you expect us to interpret them?

ask Austin Desanto and see what he has to say about his life style and personality changes after being with the Iowa guys and after he bought into the Brands mentality... as much of a showboat as Ferrari is... I bet the Brands brothers would have a smile when they took on that kid as a challenge !!
With all due respect ADS is still less than 1 year from running into the stands and threatening a teammates Dad for cheering against him, which also was less than a year from being withheld from team photos and celebrations at NCAAs for threatening a floor worker. Not to mention his in season blow up against MN that resulted in an in season reprimand and subsequent waste of a year of Schreiber's eligibility.

His perceived turn around is a bit overblown.

That being said, after watching what the kid did with Sealey I think TnT should give him a call. Too much talent and just keep the leash short.

Look at your three statements in order which you used to respond to a post about alleged physical and sexual assaults. Just how did you expect us to interpret them?
I don't think he meant it the way some took it. I seriously doubt the man who's name is going on the new Hawkeye wrestling room would condone a girl getting her boobie touched and punched in the face.

hard to imagine young white men being victims ….. just behave yourself and be a good citizen…worthy contribution to society and pretty sure everything else will work itself out for you
Anyone can be victimized. Everyone needs to be accountable for their actions regardless of ethnicity.

Mr Garrison Vaccine GIF by South Park

• Haha

I am in no way making a comment on the younger Ferrari. I was trying to respond to a comment about how times have changed. Someone posted about Alger's fights and I was just saying that some of the Hawks (as probably most of us did) of the past did things that would get them in jail now and it never even made a headline came to light.
I do not know if I really had a point as to how it relates to the current team. As far as I can tell TnT run a program that from a social perspective is nothing like the teams of the late 70's and early 80's.
Personally, I do not think I would want Ferrari on my team and I doubt many teams will take a chance on him. We will see how it turns out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT