ADVERTISEMENT

Season Realistically Over

Where ya goin if he comes and stinks it up? Back to Marco and the triple option Academy type offense? Do you think Lester is just another puppet in a long line of puppets?
Sullivan can run. We haven’t seen him pass in an Iowa uniform. Cade can’t run and he really can’t pass. What’s the worst thing that can happen?

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Doc
Number two in wins behind only Hayes, but yeah, Kirk’s a loser.
Well, he is the biggest loser in B1G history as well. That's a fact. He's lost more than any other coach in the conference has.

I get what you're saying but yes, in reality, this loss is a continued buildup of the seasons prior, that's all I was saying.

Where did I say that was going to happen? Iowa's defense is certainly good enough to beat Ohio State. They were the last time they played them too. The problem is on offense. Obviously the offense isn't close to being able to compete on that level but we'll see if they get better. I don't have a lot of faith that they will, but I want to give the new coaches a chance.
Iowas defense was awful in the second half this week

Are you saying you don't think they will improve?
No, I’m saying there are many holes. Secondary is not close to the units of the last decade. 20ppg from this offense is going to yield a .500 record. This is not a defense built to keep games in the teens. Iowa state isn’t likely all that good.

Reactions: amahawk
We're talking about Iowa's offense and the QB room here. What do you think?
If Iowa does not have a QB that can play at least as well or better than a banged-up Cade, they should all be sent packing along with the persons that recruited them.

No, I’m saying there are many holes. Secondary is not close to the units of the last decade. 20ppg from this offense is going to yield a .500 record. This is not a defense built to keep games in the teens. Iowa state isn’t likely all that good.
You're right, 20 points per game and they will be lucky to be .500. But for some reason you seem to think the defense isn't going to get any better which would be contrary to every defense that Phil Parker has ever lead at Iowa. Will they be as good as last year? Probably not, they don't have Cooper DeJean this year. But they certainly can still be very good. They just have to get coached up.

At this point it’s time to play Sullivan. These next two seasons, with Iowa’s tough schedule, they will have to put up points to even be at .500. It’s time to go with the future.
That weak gift of a schedule should save it as ususal. Those teams are so bad they find a way to lose. Imagine having to play Michigan's schedule lol
The key is getting an weak bowl game, not something like Tennessee to get embarrassed again.

That weak gift of a schedule should save it as ususal. Those teams are so bad they find a way to lose. Imagine having to play Michigan's schedule lol
The key is getting an weak bowl game, not something like Tennessee to get embarrassed again.
C'mon bro, Michigan won the natty last year. They just reload and go, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT