ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Worlds

The Russian Federation could've only entered one wrestler per weight class, so depth is irrelevant.

"World's Best" = Champions at a UWW Weight Class

10 = UWW Men's Freestyle world championship weight classes

3 = Russian Federaton 2021 Men's Freestyle Champions

10-3 = 7

7/10 > 1/2

Therefore, more than 1/2 the World's Best will at 2022 UWW Men's Freestyle World Championship.

By similar analysis, the Olympics can be seen as equally watered down, because the weight classes are reduced to 7 from 10. Yet we don't take a proverbial preemptive piss in those proverbial corn flakes, do we?

And so I concluded, like @smalls103 seems to have, that @Grip220 had thrown a proverbial turd into the proverbial punch bowl.

(Hopefully not too pedantic for anyone.)
Many top Russians didn't attend the 2021 world championships. At 2019 Worlds they had 5/10 champs, and at the 2021 Olympics they had 3/6 Golds, so by your definition of "Worlds Best" Grip was right and Smalls was wrong.

Many top Russians didn't attend the 2021 world championships. At 2019 Worlds they had 5/10 champs, and at the 2021 Olympics they had 3/6 Golds, so by your definition of "Worlds Best" Grip was right and Smalls was wrong.
Whats pathetic is now Fester is trying to make this about Gilman. Facts are facts , and I appreciate the knowledgable input.

usa wrestling fans: 'let's get excited about worlds'

Grip: 'spencer's not wrestling. whaaa. whaa. gimme my bankie.'

except 1) that wasn't my definition and 2) who cares if some RUS didn't go to Worlds last year? it's their own fault.

Reactions: el dub
Ok it’s gonna start getting embarrassing for you a bit, but you asked for it.
Russia has the #1 guy at 57 if not Uguev is top 3 plus 2 others that look to be top 8.
At 61 Russia has the top guy.
At 65k they don’t own the top spot ,but if Rashidov or Abdalaev was there they most likely are top 3.
At 70 they 5-6 of the tip 10 plus the #1 guy from Poland is from Russia.
At 74 maybe you have heard of that guy Sidakov.
79k maybe a bit weak here but they still 2 in the top 8 at least.
86k they don’t have a guy top 2 but have prob 5 in the top 10.
97k #1 P4P in the world. Enough said
125k they have been a bit down at this weight for a while, but they have some young guys that look really good.
I do not support Russia in their communist war effort, the wrestlers do not have anything to do with it.
You can not be that dumb to believe Russia is not the #1 country with the most depth Internationally.
Our top guys are right there with there top guys but not having them there Waters it Down!
Does this apply to the 1984 Olympics and the golds won by Hawkeye legends Randy Lewis and Banachs?

Were those "extremely watered down" or "hardly the Olympics"?

The truth is, of course, a mixture. There's a lot of competing things.

The World field is undeniably watered down by not having Russia. They're the best team.

The Russians are also notorious cheaters who have avoided any consequences for a long time, and are now being penalized politically when they should have been penalized a long time ago for their competitive transgressions.

Russia not being there doesn't affect a couple of weights, at least as far as gold medal threats, but Thomas Gilman is benefitting by not having Uguev there. Not that Gilman couldn't beat Uguev (and I'm sure Gilman wishes Uguev was there to try to get his revenge), but it's just a clearer path with Uguev out.

There are definitely people who are rooting against Gilman because he left Iowa and/or because they want Spencer to be there/believe Spencer is better. I believe Spencer is better too, but until he steps on the mat, that's all hypothetical; Gilman has unquestionably been the best guy in the US actively competing. Spencer has (for very good reason) not been in those streets. I believe that Spencer will beat Gilman if/when they meet, but Gilman has earned any benefit of the doubt given to him and it would be ridiculous to complain about anybody thinking Gilman is better at Freestyle. Our belief in Spencer is valid, but also primarily hypothetical in terms of senior level freestyle.

That’s a stupid question of course not. They would have one anyway, but it may have been a bit more interesting.
Truthfully, the answer to ‘84 is the same as this upcoming Worlds. Not having the USSR there watered it down too. Hell, plenty of people still consider that dominance with an * right next to the accomplishments.

Mind you, this is by no fault of the wrestlers themselves, they earned their wins fair and square. But, you can’t have the most dominant nation in the sport not compete and act like it didn’t make a difference…

I do not support Russia in their communist war effort
Let's just rally around this common ground.
their #2 or #3 guy
The Russian Federation's #2 or #3 guy is not their best.

#2 or #3 would be Russian Federation wrestlers often wrestle for another country.

The Russian Federation is part of the World.

Therefore, the lack of participation of the Russian Federation's #2 or #3 guy under their flag has no bearing on watering down of the World's Best.

Furthermore, the depth of the Russian Federation is irrelevant to individual medalists at world championships.

Sure, the team championship placements could be affected by the absence of the Russian Federation. If that was your only point, it seems to me so obvious to be not worth posting.

Let's just rally around this common ground.

The Russian Federation's #2 or #3 guy is not their best.

#2 or #3 would be Russian Federation wrestlers often wrestle for another country.

The Russian Federation is part of the World.

Therefore, the lack of participation of the Russian Federation's #2 or #3 guy under their flag has no bearing on watering down of the World's Best.

Furthermore, the depth of the Russian Federation is irrelevant to individual medalists at world championships.

Sure, the team championship placements could be affected by the absence of the Russian Federation. If that was your only point, it seems to me so obvious to be not worth posting.
Then why did you resond?

you should come out of your Mom’s basement and wash the cheetoh dust off your fingers before it stains…… just when I was starting to almost find you tolerable you remind me what an insufferable little shit you are 😎
lol. is it not obvious i'm just ribbing Grip's logic?

the motive is abundantly clear. marginalize (in advance) any achievement gilman has while he kicks a wall because spencer isn't wrestling. that's the entire point.

In my opinion, yes, overall, the World Championships are not as tough with Russia out of the mix. I'm not sure how you could say they are not...
For me this has nothing to do with Thomas and Spencer. I'm a big fan of both.
I do predict that Thomas either retires from competitive wrestling or moves up a weight class when Spencer comes back on the international scene. Like I said I'm a big fan of Thomas as a wrestler and as a person. I just really believe he is going to stay away from having to face Spencer.

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
lol. is it not obvious i'm just ribbing Grip's logic?
Grip’s a good poster and you’re twisting his logic imo….. I must of missed where he brought Gilman into the discussion

but it is the cesspool and you’re entitled to spew your “wisdom” same as the rest of us….you’re a professional spewer as a matter of fact……amazes me how spewing has become a profession these days

Smalls, come on man....
My reading comprehension is normally pretty good. It sure seemed like you were saying the overall level of competition did not lessen with Russia's absence.
Not here for an argument, just stating my interpretation of earlier posts.
Admittedly, his angry rants can be rather broad. But, what clearly set him off was the initial post wanting Lee winning gold and Gilman essentially gone. The Russian part was more an afterthought to his triggered outrage!! 😇

Grip’s a good poster and you’re twisting his logic imo….. I must of missed where he brought Gilman into the discussion

but it is the cesspool and you’re entitled to spew your “wisdom” same as the rest of us….you’re a professional spewer as a matter of fact……amazes me how spewing has become a profession these days

Grip is a certified moran. But I totally agree with the rest.

Grip is a certified moran. But I totally agree with the rest.
you guys are the best and right back at ya.

My post was mostly about not having all the best wrestlers there, along with that I would love for TG to be humbled by Spencer soon. This was clearly the lesser part of my post but the little shart for brains turned it into a earth shattering detail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT