ADVERTISEMENT

Severe Weather 4/25 - 4/28

So...

OF COURSE Cedar Rapids gets a whopping 0.03 of rain out of the first line. You see this huge blob of reasonably heavy rain taking dead aim right at CR/IC...and it just DIES as it reaches I380. It's heading a perfect NE and decides to take a turn to due east as it reaches Linn and Johnson counties.

To add in, we got 63 miles per hour wind gusts after this monster of a line finished going through. I got a couple tree limbs down in my back yard.

Just have to laugh at the absurdity of it any more...
0.18 inches reported at the Iowa City airport so far, the streets are dry already.

taking a photo of your yard after mowing is a clear cut sign you have reached middle aged
Breathe Out Deep Breath GIF by Progressive

Just im’d a co worker wfh Lincoln. At 2, I asked him if he was in his safe place, he said it was on the other side of town and he’s fine. A customer came in for 45 minutes and go back to the im and said it hit like 3 blocks away and was taking videos. Damn.

• Wow
Reactions: McLovin32
Just im’d a co worker wfh Lincoln. At 2, I asked him if he was in his safe place, he said it was on the other side of town and he’s fine. A customer came in for 45 minutes and go back to the im and said it hit like 3 blocks away and was taking videos. Damn.
That's some scary stuff.

Looks like parts of Omaha are about to get lit up.

At 318 PM CDT, a confirmed tornado was located 4 miles north of
Ashland, or 8 miles west of Gretna, moving northeast at 45 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado and softball size hail.

SOURCE...Law enforcement confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is
likely.

Locations impacted include...
southwestern Omaha, Gretna, Elkhorn, Waterloo, Zorinsky Lake and
Boys Town.

TORNADO...OBSERVED
MAX HAIL SIZE...4.00 IN

Omaha tornado about to hit major metro areas. Looks like a large tornado. Hoping for the best for our Omaha neighbors.

Reactions: McLovin32
Rusty Lord just legit said "we cannot babysit all these tornados, if you feel unsafe, get to your basement, I've never seen anything like this."

Reactions: 3boysmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT