ADVERTISEMENT

Severe Weather 4/25 - 4/28

I got stalled trying to drive from Des Moines to North Platte last night when I hit a rainstorm that got progressively worse as I got further west of Lincoln. Eventually doing 40 on the interstate and wasn't going to make North Platte before hotel lobby closed so I pulled off in Grand Island and figured I would sleep in my car in parking lot of Planet Fitness but I wanted to stop at Casey's before they closed. Couldn't see shit and drove through two big ass puddles and hydro locked as I was pulling in to Casey's. Slept there last night and repair estimate is more than what I paid for car so I'm getting towed to a motel and then getting picked up by my father tomorrow and we're going to be coming back with a friend's car trailer when we can borrow it sometime this next week. Harvest better be damned good for how irritated I am today
damn dude that sucks. you barely even got started. hopefully that doesn't end your plans.

Well that was scary as F. We took cover in our basement about 20 minutes ago. I saw the tornado looking out my front door to the south and got back down to the basement. Didn’t even think to snap a pic. We could hear it go by. My 16 yo son was at his girlfriend’s house in Minden, which got hit. We spent about 10 minutes frantically trying to reach him. Finally did. The tornado went right between us.

Well that was scary as F. We took cover in our basement about 20 minutes ago. I saw the tornado looking out my front door to the south and got back down to the basement. Didn’t even think to snap a pic. We could hear it go by. My 16 yo son was at his girlfriend’s house in Minden, which got hit. We spent about 10 minutes frantically trying to reach him. Finally did. The tornado went right between us.
Glad you're all ok.

Going to be hundreds of homes wiped out today/tonight.

Glad to hear your son is okay. Scary stuff

damn dude that sucks. you barely even got started. hopefully that doesn't end your plans.
Speed bump. My folks are driving out here separately tomorrow and letting me take one of their cars west. Then I'll shop for replacement for them to pickup to swap when I get back to Iowa mid June. Going to add a small car payment but I just canceled my apartment lease so it won't be a major payment shock. Just saving less of my severance while I job hunt

Reactions: millah_22
GMIGyQyXwAAnCTs.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT