ADVERTISEMENT

Should this police officer be fired?

I think we ought bring caning here. If there was caning here I bet he’d have calmly arrested her. Get pissy with people....thump! Civility would make a comeback.

I am going to guess he was not the ONLY COP in the airport. He could just as easy backed up called for back up and divide her attention with the two of them working together. It may take a couple of extra minutes to conclude the situation but so what. He gets paid for his time anyway.

Calm down Mr. Knight.
P
I'm sorry, there are "ladies" who would beat you down. They're not all delicate flowers. Especially the one in the video.

I thought the genders were supposed to be equal now days.

Would you have a problem if he punched a man?

And how do we know this was a female in these gender-bending days?
Lol there are very few ladies who could “beat me down.” We’re not all old smokers.

I would have a problem. It’s still unnecessary and stupid. I wouldn’t feel bad for the male though.

Lol at your last question, good point, may be transitioning to be a male. Didn’t go so well.

I am going to guess he was not the ONLY COP in the airport. He could just as easy backed up called for back up and divide her attention with the two of them working together. It may take a couple of extra minutes to conclude the situation but so what. He gets paid for his time anyway.

She wasn't going down without a fight.

I would hate to be a cop right now. But this guy was out of line. He didn’t need to hit her. He escalated a situation when he needed to be calm and needed to calm this crazy woman down.

I would hate to be a cop right now. But this guy was out of line. He didn’t need to hit her. He escalated a situation when he needed to be calm and needed to calm this crazy woman down.

I'm sorry, once you do what she did, the time for "calm" is over.

He probably should have tackled her and took his chance that she'd bite him or something like that? Amirite?

Probably would have still been convicted by the HROT jury, though.

I absolutely expect them to not fight back.

If that was a random dude, it wouldn’t matter what she said...he’d be charged with assault.

Has nothing to do with what she said. She committed battery on that officer.

I think he properly used his use of force continuum. She bumped him. He lumped her. When her eyeballs started rolling across the terminal floor he deescalated. Text book.

I think he properly used his use of force continuum. She bumped him. He lumped her. When her eyeballs started rolling across the terminal floor he deescalated. Text book.

She didn't even fall down. She was ready to swing back but he tackled her after the slap.

I'm sorry, once you do what she did, the time for "calm" is over.

He probably should have tackled her and took his chance that she'd bite him or something like that? Amirite?

Probably would have still been convicted by the HROT jury, though.
The cop needed to keep control. He lost control. I’m not sorry that she got hit, but he has to stay in control.
He had other options like putting her in a bear hug and letting the other officers come assist.

Reactions: tumorboy
He says she hit his chin with her head. I believe him.
So he doesn't have handcuffs to put on her and arrest her? Watch the video and tell me that he could not have acted differently. This wasn't an officer being assaulted. The truth is he reacted without thinking and used excessive force. He was not defending himself he was being the judge, jury and executioner of justice.

So he doesn't have handcuffs to put on her and arrest her? Watch the video and tell me that he could not have acted differently. This wasn't an officer being assaulted. The truth is he reacted without thinking and used excessive force. He was not defending himself he was being the judge, jury and executioner of justice.

Oh, please. Let's not get carried away.

The cop needed to keep control. He lost control. I’m not sorry that she got hit, but he has to stay in control.
He had other options like putting her in a bear hug and letting the other officers come assist.
What if those other officers hadn't been around. And this happens. Good chance it escalates. It seems this lady knows how to handle herself in a scrape. Good chance it could have been a lot worse for him than just getting his chin bumped.

Let's say he shoves her away and she falls backwards and cracks her head open on the terminal floor.

Better outcome?

Has nothing to do with what she said. She committed battery on that officer.

Huh?? She didn’t even touch him.

There were FOUR cops on scene...was she annoying? Yeah. But that doesn’t mean he can punch her.

Huh?? She didn’t even touch him.

There were FOUR cops on scene...was she annoying? Yeah. But that doesn’t mean he can punch her.

Looks like she touched him to me. She was nose-to-nose, sticking her finger in his face and yelling "WHAT YOU GONNA DO?"

She deserved what she got.

Let's say he shoves her away and she falls backwards and cracks her head open on the terminal floor.

Better outcome?

He had no reason to touch her and no need to shove her away. She was not attacking him or even threatening to do so.

Looks like she touched him to me. She was nose-to-nose, sticking her finger in his face and yelling "WHAT YOU GONNA DO?"

She deserved what she got.

A lot of ppl “deserve” to get punched. That doesn’t mean it’s ok, or even legal to punch them. She was in his face and taunting him, but there is no way a trained officer should perceive that as a threat.

Well Trad, you may not agree or like it. But, he’s fired. Times are changin’.
Looks like you’ll just be left behind to complain about it.

A lot of ppl “deserve” to get punched. That doesn’t mean it’s ok, or even legal to punch them. She was in his face and taunting him, but there is no way a trained officer should perceive that as a threat.

Look at the video again, dawg. It is obviously an open-handed slap. She gets right up in his face and he has every right to take action.

If not, we are simply not going to have anyone willing to be police officers anymore, and we can just go back to the wild, wild west days of justice.

Is that what you morons want?

I’d just like to remind everyone that Trad is an HR manager here defending this - “oh yeah, that’s just standard procedure when arresting someone for being belligerent in an airport, you see it in all the manuals: right cross to the face, then tackle and wait for your three buddies to help while you yell that she head butted you.”

I think the real issue is the racist airline not running on BPT. They need to get with the program.

Well Trad, you may not agree or like it. But, he’s fired. Times are changin’.
Looks like you’ll just be left behind to complain about it.

Let me know when some asshole robs you or worse and there are no cops to intervene.

Good times. Can't wait for the change.

Look at the video again, dawg. It is obviously an open-handed slap. She gets right up in his face and he has every right to take action.

If not, we are simply not going to have anyone willing to be police officers anymore, and we can just go back to the wild, wild west days of justice.

Is that what you morons want?

If one of your employees “open hand slaps” another for getting “right up in his face” you’re not going to punish the puncher??

If one of your employees “open hand slaps” another for getting “right up in his face” you’re not going to punish the puncher??

If one of my employees is a law enforcement officer called to the scene of a crazy woman threatening airport employees, trespassing in secure spaces, screaming obscenities, and charging into my employee's face yelling "WHAT YOU GONNA DO?

Absolutely not. She was getting ready to punch him in the face. He's supposed to wait for it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT