ADVERTISEMENT

SI destroys Iowa by the numbers

No it's not, Delaware is in no way close to Iowa in anything. Shutouts in football are flukes. Iowa was hampered by a better D in sub optimal conditions. Iowa plays Delaware at Beaver Stadium instead of PSU that day, Iowa destroys them. Comparing this team's performance to another team's never pans out because it's just a different event.

Iowa's offense isn't good, but Delaware's isn't better.
It was against their only common opponent.

I can’t for the life of me understand WHY our staff thinks doing the same things over and over and over will lead to an upward trend.

The whole ‘stick to the plan’ approach isn’t working, Kirk! Stop waiting for that ONE game where we look decent so you can say “I told you so.”

The CBS guys said it best: “Scratch where it itches, and the Iowa offense is itching all over the place”
KF's top priority, his TOP priority, is keeping his son in a $900k/year job for as long as he possibly can. They both know wherever Brian lands next, he'll be making less than half of what Iowa is paying him and he won't have anywhere near the job security he has under daddy.

The success of Iowa football comes second to that. Just the truth.

It was against their only common opponent.
There should be a fallacy called the common opponent fallacy. Every game day is different and Iowa could've scored 14 on Saturday, gave up another TD to PSU and it's still a 24 point loss. And that wouldn't satisfy any Iowa fan. All I've learned from those two games was PSU beat the spread and their Offense can adapt to a solid Defense.

Of course OSU and Michigan also have tough Ds with better offenses so I know nothing until after those games.

I can’t for the life of me understand WHY our staff thinks doing the same things over and over and over will lead to an upward trend.

The whole ‘stick to the plan’ approach isn’t working, Kirk! Stop waiting for that ONE game where we look decent so you can say “I told you so.”

The CBS guys said it best: “Scratch where it itches, and the Iowa offense is itching all over the place”

Only thing I can think of is Kirk’s stubbornness and his old school mentality. KF would rather win games 10-7 then 28-24 and still wants to play that style. How many times after close ugly wins KF talk glowingly about how the game was played. With rules and everything else favoring offense KF is too stubborn to change with the times and is that guy who has some old outdated flip phone that refuses to upgrade and change with the times. Problem is that trickles down to recruiting where easier to get guys defensively but on offense who would want to play at Iowa with their style and is becoming tougher and tougher.

There should be a fallacy called the common opponent fallacy. Every game day is different and Iowa could've scored 14 on Saturday, gave up another TD to PSU and it's still a 24 point loss. And that wouldn't satisfy any Iowa fan. All I've learned from those two games was PSU beat the spread and their Offense can adapt to a solid Defense.

Of course OSU and Michigan also have tough Ds with better offenses so I know nothing until after those games.
gordon-ramsay-facepalm.gif

Reactions: HawkBall23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT