ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of menus....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
How do restaurants accommodate blind customers? I've never seen any braille menus. I would assume they have to do something to satisfy the ADA. Read the menu to them?

Good question. No ADA requirement here. I imagine blind diners rely on website menu and spoken content

Or use their heightened sense of smell like the mouse on Ratatouille

Reactions: Moral
How do restaurants accommodate blind customers? I've never seen any braille menus. I would assume they have to do something to satisfy the ADA. Read the menu to them?
Most times someone with them reads the menu to them. I’ve only seen it a couple times. And I’ve never worked at a place with a braille menu.

Less than 10% of legally blind people can read braille in the US.
Can’t document it but a friend who is blind told me years ago that no sighted person has ever learned to read braille by touch. Can’t imagine wanting to but people can set themselves some weird goals.

Reactions: Moral
Can’t document it but a friend who is blind told me years ago that no sighted person has ever learned to read braille by touch. Can’t imagine wanting to but people can set themselves some weird goals.

I translated follow your dreams into braille but when I pasted the braille this happens: ,foll{ yr dr1ms

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
The big question is would you rather date the blind or the deaf?
e7d6a426-2622-47d5-a4b5-2813493501b2_text.gif

Do we think there is a rash of blind people going to restaurants solo and not with family or friends?

You've never seen a blind person walking down the sidewalk alone?

Hint: they usually have a cane with a red tip.
And that has to do with what?

People walk alone all the time, eating alone not so common.

Face it you made yet another stupid post, it got served back at your lack of common sense and then double down. It's the trad way.

I expect you next to wonder why Greenland is in fact not green or why there is braille and the drive thru atms

And that has to do with what?

People walk alone all the time, eating alone not so common.

Face it you made yet another stupid post, it got served back at your lack of common sense and then double down. It's the trad way.

I expect you next to wonder why Greenland is in fact not green or why there is braille and the drive thru atms

Why should the blind person have to give her PIN to the Uber driver at the drive-thru ATM?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT