ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Hurt?

js8793

HR All-American
Dec 4, 2018
Mineo is saying that Spencer got hurt in practice leading up to the McKee match.
That coincides with a drop in dominance. But more so it coincides with the fact that he’s had both knees wrapped for a few weeks instead of just one to begin the year.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
That's a name I haven't heard for a long time... since I started ignoring everything he posts after the Kem BS
Now that twitter added the For You tab, I see a lot of his tweets. He does talk about some interesting wrestling stuff that I wouldn't see elsewhere but anytime he's got a "source" on something I assume he's got about 10% of the facts and is running with it.

Reactions: Spoons and moug
Now that twitter added the For You tab, I see a lot of his tweets. He does talk about some interesting wrestling stuff that I wouldn't see elsewhere but anytime he's got a "source" on something I assume he's got about 10% of the facts and is running with it.
He's a throw 💩 against the wall and see what happens kinda guy... and it seems he makes up a lot of 💩 about Iowa.

Mineo is saying that Spencer got hurt in practice leading up to the McKee match.
That coincides with a drop in dominance. But more so it coincides with the fact that he’s had both knees wrapped for a few weeks instead of just one to begin the year.
He had the double sleeves for the PSU match so he’s already wrong not even a full sentence in.

Who?

Reactions: Chips28
I’ll take what this board said around the PSU dual and Minnesota dual over Mineo on this one, which is that the right legs sleeve was from soreness and nothing serious, and that going into the Mckee match he had an illness. And the illness makes more sense than an injury, considering he was noticeably tired and lethargic early in that match against Mckee whereas last night he looked much better.

Reactions: evashevsky58
I’ll take what this board said around the PSU dual and Minnesota dual over Mineo on this one, which is that the right legs sleeve was from soreness and nothing serious, and that going into the Mckee match he had an illness. And the illness makes more sense than an injury, considering he was noticeably tired and lethargic early in that match against Mckee whereas last night he looked much better.
I kind of scoffed at it when someone posted that dudes now have the book on how to beat Spencer but if I recall that post correctly he mentioned some stalling, running and doing anything to keep Spencer off that left arm.

That's exactly what happened last night and similar to what McKee did. You have to be strong to keep Spencer off that wrist but a combination of strength and that short-sit limits Spencer's ability to get to his turn game. And the idiot ref was more than willing to let Medley get away with doing a whole lot of nothing. That's a big fear going into NCAAs. We all know how refs love to swallow their whistles on the biggest stage.

There's a possibility that he is making an effort to wrestle 7 minutes hard but that's never been something he's concerned himself with before. If I had to rate my level of concern I would use the FranCon scale. Put me at an 8 right now. Although I definitely went 6 a few times last night wanting stall calls against Medley.

D0YQEwsWsAAk1Lf.jpg

i missed the discussion about soreness so thank you for sharing that.

the only reason i gave it any credence is that he started wearing that second sleeve.

Reactions: comment1283
i missed the discussion about soreness so thank you for sharing that.

the only reason i gave it any credence is that he started wearing that second sleeve.
I was relieved when Spencer’s knee got bent outward by medley early on and Spencer seemed fine. So he’s got at least one good one going. I think that’s all he will need to win it. That and play the takedown game with glory. Win a few scrambles, ride him a bit and just don’t get turned and he wins his fourth easily. FYI, I don’t know if it’s precautionary or a tweak or what. Tweaks happen, soreness is bound to happen. Perhaps injured but I think he looks pretty damn good dropping in for shots so let’s go get #4, try for worlds and no matter what, be ready for Olympics in his mother’s home country where he won his last world title!

Reactions: Inthecircle
Well my source told me all these things...
1. Spencer also only beat Medley like 8-1 back in 2020. So maybe Medley is just better at staying flat on his tummy than most vs Spencer. Spencer has also teched him later at Bigtens too. Which leads to 2

2. Spencer obviously is always a conditioning project as the season goes. Mostly because hes too dominant putting guys away. It's a blessing he just got two 7 min matches in. I feel way better how he's looking in 3rd periods now. Remeber when Oliver pinned like 10 dudes in a row early leading up to facing a sophomore Tony Ramos. He wasnt ready for 7 min with Ramos. Only way Tony wins that. So I don't want Spencer finishing every match in 3 min...nor should you

3. Mneo is nothing more than a media whore trying to feed the PSU iowa haters and there are a lot of them looking to find any way to demonize the program and definitely pile on Tom & Terry. Which leads to clicks, traffic, makes him feel important but imo the real goal is to tarnish future recruiting. Imagine if say Goodwin or Hamilton just waited around for RBY or Star to have an off match and use it to slander Cael. He's a PSU fan boy who is threatened by Iowa running his mouth hoping it helps his team.

4. Nice work detective reporting a D1 coach may be ramping up conditioning a few weeks prior to postseason. What the next breaking story. The coach let's him rest with light workouts the week prior to bigs.

5. As for McKee match. Also tough wrestler. Rewatch that first period and McKee did a nice job clogging up that 1st period. Hats off to him. It easily could have been worse. It was a best case blue print. And Spencer did get tired so back to #2 above because I saw a Spencer with more energy in the 3rd next match. And I hope he has another 7 min match prior to bigs too. I won't be screaming the horror or he's lost it. I'll be smiling knowing that extra work is likely Glory insurance

Last edited:
Well my source told me all these things...
1. Spencer also only beat Medley like 8-1 back in 2020. So maybe Medley is just better at staying flat on his tummy than most vs Spencer. Spencer has also teched him later at Bigtens too. Which leads to 2

2. Spencer obviously is always a conditioning project as the season goes. Mostly because hes too dominant putting guys away. It's a blessing he just got two 7 min matches in. I feel way better how he's looking in 3rd periods now. Remeber when Oliver pinned like 10 dudes in a row early leading up to facing a sophomore Tony Ramos. He wasnt ready for 7 min with Ramos. Only way Tony wins that. So I don't want Spencer finishing every match in 3 min...nor should you

3. Mneo is nothing more than a media whore trying to feed the PSU iowa haters and there are a lot of them looking to find any way to demonize the program and definitely pile on Tom & Terry. Which leads to clicks, traffic, makes him feel important but imo the real goal is to tarnish future recruiting. Imagine if say Goodwin or Hamilton just waited around for RBY or Star to have an off match and use it to slander Cael. He's a PSU fan boy who is threatened by Iowa running his mouth hoping it helps his team.

4. Nice work detective reporting a D1 coach may be ramping up conditioning a few weeks prior to postseason. What the next breaking story. The coach let's him rest with light workouts the week prior to bigs.

5. As for McKee match. Also tough wrestler. Rewatch that first period and McKee did a nice job clogging up that 1st period. Hats off to him. It easily could have been worse. It was a best case blue print. And Spencer did get tired so back to #2 above because I saw a Spencer with more energy in the 3rd next match. And I hope he has another 7 min match prior to bigs too. I won't be screaming the horror or he's lost it. I'll be smiling knowing that extra work is likely Glory insurance
great post.

Reactions: sambud
Anyone that watched Spencer's shots against Medley and cites his being injured are looking for reasons to cite issues that are simply not there. That first shot was explosive. Matter of fact, I would say, I haven't seen a shot like that in two years. I've said it before, Spencer is now 13 months removed from a double knee surgery. This is after trying to wrestle with two torn ACL's and probably picking up some bad habits. I have seen steady progression with each match this year, including against Medley. Ihawked9times is correct. Spencer beat Medley by 7 in 2020 and later tech him at Big's. This year he beat him by 9 and totally dominated him. I liked Spencer's shot in the third period as well. It was a good shot and strong finish. It was also a hard ride in the third as well. Medley is strong and is what I call an active staller, but he was working hard to keep moving to avoid the turn, which was smart. McKee wrestled his match to keep it close. There was no, "let's get in on" which is his style generally, but more of "I hope I lose by a decision."

I kind of scoffed at it when someone posted that dudes now have the book on how to beat Spencer but if I recall that post correctly he mentioned some stalling, running and doing anything to keep Spencer off that left arm.

That's exactly what happened last night and similar to what McKee did. You have to be strong to keep Spencer off that wrist but a combination of strength and that short-sit limits Spencer's ability to get to his turn game. And the idiot ref was more than willing to let Medley get away with doing a whole lot of nothing. That's a big fear going into NCAAs. We all know how refs love to swallow their whistles on the biggest stage.

There's a possibility that he is making an effort to wrestle 7 minutes hard but that's never been something he's concerned himself with before. If I had to rate my level of concern I would use the FranCon scale. Put me at an 8 right now. Although I definitely went 6 a few times last night wanting stall calls against Medley.

D0YQEwsWsAAk1Lf.jpg
I see your Fran chart and counter with the Paki chart.
pakithreatadvisory-red.jpg

All Paki had to do was fall forward and get the first down. He chose straight east & short of the chains. I still laugh about that
Care to clue me in on Paki Dasbomb? I don't follow Iowa football (if that's the context), and I'm not into abbreviations, slang, nicknames, pop culture, etc. (yes, I'm old AND old-fashioned!)

Reactions: Trapper85
I thought Spencer looked very explosive and faded pretty minimally in the 3rd. Good signs for a month from now.

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT