ADVERTISEMENT

spring game

Oh. OK got it. Iowa's handling it right while every other school is handling it completely wrong. 🤣
Ahhh. Must be feeling left out. I mean if everyone else is doing it must be the right thing to do. I mean, if it's such a great idea, why do the pros not do it? Their always up for making a little bit more money. Oh, and are you sure that everyone else is doing it because a quick search would prove you to be wrong.

Ahhh. Must be feeling left out. I mean if everyone else is doing it must be the right thing to do. I mean, if it's such a great idea, why do the pros not do it? Their always up for making a little bit more money. Oh, and are you sure that everyone else is doing it because a quick search would prove you to be wrong.

They aren’t…just more Iowa fan stuff…you know, they always know better than the coach.

Dochterman & Leistikow said yesterday that Iowa needs to find a QB in the portal to come in & compete with Cade
Yeah and really it needs to just be a 1 year NIL guy. That way it does not go against scholarships and it gives Tim a year to work with and develop our younger guys. He said they are talented, just needs some time to work with them. Cade is done after this year correct? Hill is a JR so we just need to get through this year and then look to the future. They can turn the QB room around rather fast I think. Edit, now that I think about it, it does not have to be just a 1 year guy, they can bring a guy in on NIL if needed and then put him on scholarship next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohawkeye
Im encouraged to hear there is more shotgun and better passing concepts.
Go get a damn portal QB and let him compete.

In a sick way if this offense can hit that 25ppg I like our chances at getting in that top 12

Spring practice. Fans will get the tiniest peak behind Ft. Kinnick as possible. We're on a need to know basis. Right now, it's been determined we don't need to know very much. With that:

1. Has Drew Stevens cured his kicking yips?
2. Also looking forward to seeing Rhys Dakin kick the ball
3. Watching Marco at QB. Don't care what Hill does in practice. I've seen enough of him in games. His flaws aren't fixable. From what little I've seen in videos, the one thing he could have fixed, he didn't.
1) Yips cured. 51-yd FG -- good from 61.
2) Rhys drops a 45 yard punt inside the 5.
3) Marco runs for another Hawkeye first down. Shades of Banks. I jest, but really it just added a dimension. Granted he was running with 2s and 3s -- but he looked right about where I would HOPE a freshman would be in a new offense.

That's not going to happen, and I think we all know that.
Why? I’ll be a bit surprised if they don’t at least attempt to get a QB in the portal.

Edit: Maybe you are talking specifically about competing with Cade? I do think they will try to bring somebody in.

Last edited:
Reactions: bojihawk44
Just some simple stuff like this takes the pressure off the OL just enough to give them a split more second to make a block giving the offense a slight advantage over the defense. Something as simple as using motion to help the offense and the run game couldn't even be comprehended by BF.

It couldn’t ?

Kind of like how every decision Kirk makes is right. Petras. Hill. Always right.

I’ll wait for you to show me where ANYONE said that, not just me….

I mean, hell we can’t have grown-up productive conversations if one of the parties is just flat making shit up….

Another question when your boss turns a task over to you, does he then solicit outside opinions from everyone else afterwards?

IMO, the offense run route concepts that allowed receivers to get open, but: 1) the OL1 and OL2 frequently couldn't keep the DL off the QB. 2) Route concepts mixed short / intermediate / deep and they didn't shy away from the middle at all. 3) QBs processing speed wasn't quick / confident enough to make the throws early. They were waiting for a clear opening.

But honestly, all in all, against our defense -- I saw improvement, and room for much more consistency.

Why? I’ll be a bit surprised if they don’t at least attempt to get a QB in the portal.
Because it's not January like it was when Cade and Hill arived. It's almost May and there is only 4 months before the season starts with the calendar counting down.

I'm not saying they won't be looking for a portal QB, because the QB room is bad, but IMO people expecting a QB to walk in and truly compete with Cade for this season's starting job as some have suggested are clueless. Even if someone had the ability, Kirk wouldn't trust them over the other 3 that are already here. It doesn't work that way at Iowa.

Because it's not January like it was when Cade and Hill arived. It's almost May and there is only 4 months before the season starts with the calendar counting down.

I'm not saying they won't be looking for a portal QB, because the QB room is bad, but IMO people expecting a QB to walk in and truly compete with Cade for this season's starting job as some have suggested are clueless. Even if someone had the ability, Kirk wouldn't trust them over the other 3 that are already here. It doesn't work that way at Iowa.
It's too late. We're going to war with the guys we have. Don't expect the offense to be much better than last year. The excuses will shift a bit (still learning a new playbook) but with the QBs we have it doesn't look promising.

I saw so many games at Kinnick that a long time ago I would pee before the game, didnt smuggle in or drink alcohol and just sipped water or pop, so that I didnt have to fight those bathroom lines. You are right that you could miss 5-10 minutes of game clock time if you went to the bathroom during the game.
Good news- with our offense - that is the time to go!😩

Reactions: uihawk82

I made a little edit to my question that must have happened after you read my post.

Yes, I agree it will tough for a guy to compete for the starting spot. I’m not worried all that much about QB if Cade stays healthy. My concern is if he gets hurt, they had better have somebody better on campus, assuming Lainez doesn’t develop.

If they don’t have a better plan than Hill at QB2 in August, that is malpractice.

Reactions: Randall Stanhope

Oh, I think you are making a bigger deal out of it then it really is. Lester knows exactly what he is looking for. If he finds that in a non power 5 QB, you might be surprised how well he would be able to walk in and compete right away. Yeah it might be difficult to find the right person, but it is not impossible. Biggest problem is seems like many non power 5 qb's are really skinny and I would wonder how durable at the next level.

Last edited:
Deacon and Marco certainly did not inspire confidence today, but I'll wait to see how things unfold during the season. Handwringing and lamentations are useless at this point.

Have you forgotten Deacon Hill most of last year at QB? Yes, there is healthy scepticism of KF's decisions.

**** dude….im not sure it matters anymore, the whole entire thing the team, the offense, the fans, the bitching. It’s all too much……

It is what it is and it’s never gonna change….🤷‍♂️

If it makes you feel better to bitch about an individual who makes five or $6 million a year and for all intents & purposes has led the program to the best 10 year win total in history… And you think it’s affective be my guest….

Lucky me, I get to actually be irritated by having a poor offense, still grateful that we win more games than most other teams, and then I get to repeatedly hear about that bad offense over and over and over….forever!

I’m 45, so not old, and not young.

I don’t think I have ever pooped in Kinnick Stadium? I am 100% sure I never did when the stalls didn’t have doors pre2005.

Hence the 65 yo comment. Whenever there was somebody taking a dump in those times, it was always some old bastard or a little kid.
lol - you guys are killing me. Can't hardly handle it...but hilarious. So, gotta add a comment...I may have more self control than most but I can assure you I have NEVER pooped in Kinnick Stadium nor in a porta-potty and unless I am sick, seriously doubt it ever happens. That said, I generally fart while or after peeing, so generally grab a shitter to pee, so as not to embarass myself amongst the great Hawkeye fans of Iowa.

lol - you guys are killing me. Can't hardly handle it...but hilarious. So, gotta add a comment...I may have more self control than most but I can assure you I have NEVER pooped in Kinnick Stadium nor in a porta-potty and unless I am sick, seriously doubt it ever happens. That said, I generally fart while or after peeing, so generally grab a shitter to pee, so as not to embarass myself amongst the great Hawkeye fans of Iowa.
Wait.....Was that you?

I’ll wait for you to show me where ANYONE said that, not just me….

I mean, hell we can’t have grown-up productive conversations if one of the parties is just flat making shit up….

Another question when your boss turns a task over to you, does he then solicit outside opinions from everyone else afterwards?
Sure Jan GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Doc
Have you forgotten Deacon Hill most of last year at QB? Yes, there is healthy scepticism of KF's decisions.
Or 20 plus years of mediocre to godawful offense but cm apparently wants us to ignore our eyes and statistics.

**** dude….im not sure it matters anymore, the whole entire thing the team, the offense, the fans, the bitching. It’s all too much……

It is what it is and it’s never gonna change….🤷‍♂️

If it makes you feel better to bitch about an individual who makes five or $6 million a year and for all intents & purposes has led the program to the best 10 year win total in history… And you think it’s affective be my guest….

Lucky me, I get to actually be irritated by having a poor offense, still grateful that we win more games than most other teams, and then I get to repeatedly hear about that bad offense over and over and over….forever!
Then maybe this message board isn’t for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT