ADVERTISEMENT

spring game

Barely beating the worst competition to get to 10 wins is a bit of an illusion. No one takes the Iowa program seriously. I’m out in SoCal and if i wear any Iowa gear any comments I’ll get is how do you waste such a good defense year after year ? There’s no answer. Some people who went to schools like Purdue for example have said they would like 10’win seasons but still say it’s horrible to watch.

I’m happy the players got 10 wins and some were rivalry games. But those rivals have been shit the last few years too.

92-0 is the punchline for 2023 season
Hmmm. Were they USC fans because they went 22 and 16 over the last three years with a 4 win season. Perhaps they were UCLA fans who did better than USC but still ended up with a record of 25 and 13 and not a single 10 win season. Or maybe it was that Purdue fan whose team went 21 and 18 over the last three years and have had 7 winning seasons in the last 20 years with a high of 9 wins. Yup, I'd definitely listen to those fair-weather fans who don't show up the majority of the time. Perhaps you should choose another team to follow. Then you could watch your team score a sh*t ton of points and lose. You could go on their board and revel in the 40 points they scored even if they lost by 10.

Yes, it really makes sense for Iowa fans to shit talk USC fans. "How many national titles do you have? How many Heisman trophies?" Conversation. Over.
Holiday Bowl, shuts them up real quick.

Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week

Then to make a comment about the restroom situation in kinnick being the worst is simply an opportunity to bitch about something because no stadium is worse than northwestern football.
I believe the statement was "one of the worst".

I was listening to KXNO on the way home from church (don't know which show it was), and the guys were talking about how they are always making fun of Iowa. This is a national show mind you, not a local one.

They also mentioned that despite being made fun of, Iowa does manage to put some players in the NFL.
Did they even mention winning games? Or has that become irrelevant?
If only we scored 25 points a game while going 5-7 we would finally gain that national respect some fans crave.

I've attended a ton of football games the past 4 years with my son and daughter attending Iowa and Purdue. Kinnick restrooms and concessions under the west stands are woefully inadequate leading to a bad fan experience The North End Zone is an example of everything that Kinnick could and should be. Say what you want about it, but we never encounter lines like Kinnick at Northwestern or Purdue for that matter. We park within 100 yards of the entrances. It's just a better more convenient experience overall. Wrigley was great as well. The atmosphere outside of Kinnick is phenomenal. It could be so much better inside with better facilities and concessions.
That's because those two teams don't usually draw a very big crowd. I have been to both.

Yes, it really makes sense for Iowa fans to shit talk USC fans. "How many national titles do you have? How many Heisman trophies?" Conversation. Over.
They are living in the past. We are living in the present where our present team plays like a team of the past. We set football back decades week after week. And now they get to enjoy that every year. Welcome to the Big Ten, USC. You will hate it.

So, USC fans =Neb fans?
Ok, these two programs deserve ultimate respect for exploits over 2 decades ago while the "joke" Iowa program has crushed them on the field the last 5- 10 years....I suppose that makes sense.

So, USC fans =Neb fans?
Ok, these two programs deserve ultimate respect for exploits over 2 decades ago while the "joke" Iowa program has crushed them on the field the last 5- 10 years....I suppose that makes sense.
You think USC and Nebraska equal each other? They don't. Not over the last 20 years. We'll see how Iowa does against USC moving forward, and we can revisit this.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Because it's not January like it was when Cade and Hill arived. It's almost May and there is only 4 months before the season starts with the calendar counting down.

I'm not saying they won't be looking for a portal QB, because the QB room is bad, but IMO people expecting a QB to walk in and truly compete with Cade for this season's starting job as some have suggested are clueless. Even if someone had the ability, Kirk wouldn't trust them over the other 3 that are already here. It doesn't work that way at Iowa.
Most probably not compete with Cade, but for QB2. It doesn't happen often, but Kirk has gone with the new guy at QB2, even when they arrive in the fall. Nate Stanley and Drew Tate got the spot as true freshmen, and of course Brad Banks over previous starter Jon Beutjer.

You think USC and Nebraska equal each other? They don't. Not over the last 20 years. We'll see how Iowa does against USC moving forward, and we can revisit this.
In the last 15 years Iowa has won 126 games. Usc has won 122 games.
USC is a blueblood program but Iowa FB program is not a joke winning more than that blueblood program over 15 years.
We have played once in that stretch and destroyed USC.
Usc is much more relevant than Neb but again so is Iowa.

Reasons for pessimism:

1. No more Coop. Made everything better on that side of the D and his ability to make plays after a pick or a punt return will be sorely missed. Overlooked but just as important, his gunning ability on punt coverage.
2. No more Tory. His ability to pin teams inside the 5 was a huge weapon. He directly attributed to a lot of points over the last couple of years.
3. Same OL without any transfers.
4. Health or lack thereof with Cade and then what is behind him.

Reasons for optimism:

1. Tim Lester: atleast he will be different. Plus, he is a real bonafide OC with real plays and ability to put defenses on their heels. I think he will be nothing but a positive here.
2. Lachey: whatever QB is in there, he will be their best friend.
3. New receiver room: When comparing this coming up year's receiving room to the last 3 years of futility, it doesn't look the same at all. Our best receiver didn't get his first catch until November last year and then came on pretty strong after. The 20, 21 and 22 recruiting classes gave us Vines, Johnson, Bruce and Bostick plus a couple that flamed out before ever suiting up; the first three left town for their own reasons and the latter obviously being passed up by newer recruits. The new room can't be any worse and I really like the speed of Wetjen and shiftiness of Washington as additions there. People are saying good things about Buie too.
4. Continuity: We know this defense is going to be very good, game changing good. So to say we know that one unit on this team is going to be outstanding is a lot more than most of the teams in the B1G can say. I still have hope for the OL as well given their ages and how much they have played together.
5. RB room: is really really good.
6. Playmaking ability: Leshon, KJ, Brown, Lachey are all proven playmakers but adding Wetjen, Washington and Jaz to the mix puts a lot of pressure on defenses at all levels, if, a competent OC is able to get them in space.

Personally, I think we win 10 regular season games.

**** dude….im not sure it matters anymore, the whole entire thing the team, the offense, the fans, the bitching. It’s all too much……

It is what it is and it’s never gonna change….🤷‍♂️

If it makes you feel better to bitch about an individual who makes five or $6 million a year and for all intents & purposes has led the program to the best 10 year win total in history… And you think it’s affective be my guest….

Lucky me, I get to actually be irritated by having a poor offense, still grateful that we win more games than most other teams, and then I get to repeatedly hear about that bad offense over and over and over….forever!
Why are you so personally bothered by an anonymous message board poster who has a different opinion than yours? It’s all dialog and opinions. Try not to take it so personally.

Last edited:
Why are you so personally bothered by an anonymous message board poster who has a different opinion than yours? It’s all dialog and opinions. Try not to take it so personally.

Well that would seem obvious to me and others who want to come here and talk about the team and improving and be uplifted.

This is literally one of the most depressing places on earth and I hope to do my part….🤪

Well that would seem obvious to me and others who want to come here and talk about the team and improving and be uplifted.

This is literally one of the most depressing places on earth and I hope to do my part….🤪
Is it lost on you that you do a fair amount of bitching about fans bitching?

Is it lost on you that you do a fair amount of bitching about fans bitching?

It is amazing how many times I’ve actually had to address this… Yes, fully aware of it. If they’re going to make it super painful for those of us that get tired of the bitching to even be here then they’re gonna get it back for force….

And you can believe they don’t like it….

Sorry if that bothers you, but it is irritating as hell to come spend a little free time to find out about your football team and the same ****ing idiots bitching about the football team. It’s exhausting. I am super thankful I irritate them so badly. Does that answer your question?

You won’t believe this and quite frankly, I don’t care but honestly, if you met me in person and you were a pretty pleasant guy, you’d never know it and you’d likely think I was a lot of fun, but if you’re somebody that stands around in a Group and says the same negative, nasty shit over and over again I will tell you to your face….🤷‍♂️

People like that suck the life out of everything…

Something has to be wrong upstairs...

Lol yes of course you’d think that… If it takes being “wrong in the head“ to call out people that literally spend an inordinate amount of time bitching on a message board then yee-fvckubg-haa I’m wrong in the head.

I am getting more optimistic each day (Dangerous....I know). Coming off the spring practice i was thinking 8-4 or 9-3.

Now since then, I don't have to worry about Deacon taking over.(no slam on him....more of a slam on KF from last year) Hopefully Marco continues to improve. Hopefully we get another QB out of the portal. Hopefully Cade stays healthy. (Lots of hoping here I know)

We added a starter in the O-line from the portal in my opinion. Running game better suited for this offensive scheme. It will take awhile for teams to adjust. Favorable schedule outside of OSU on the road. I am going with 10-2 or 11-1 (If Cade stays healthy....11-1). I'll check back later after we see if we are getting a QB in the portal and who it is.

It is amazing how many times I’ve actually had to address this… Yes, fully aware of it. If they’re going to make it super painful for those of us that get tired of the bitching to even be here then they’re gonna get it back for force….

And you can believe they don’t like it….

Sorry if that bothers you, but it is irritating as hell to come spend a little free time to find out about your football team and the same ****ing idiots bitching about the football team. It’s exhausting. I am super thankful I irritate them so badly. Does that answer your question?

You won’t believe this and quite frankly, I don’t care but honestly, if you met me in person and you were a pretty pleasant guy, you’d never know it and you’d likely think I was a lot of fun, but if you’re somebody that stands around in a Group and says the same negative, nasty shit over and over again I will tell you to your face….🤷‍♂️

People like that suck the life out of everything…
If seems to bother you quite a bit so I suggest taking a break from the board or finding an alternative way to talk about the Hawkeyes. I agree, I don't want to read negativity all the time, but it's part of the deal with message boards. Either learn to ignore it or don't come to a message board would be my advice to you.

If seems to bother you quite a bit so I suggest taking a break from the board or finding an alternative way to talk about the Hawkeyes. I agree, I don't want to read negativity all the time, but it's part of the deal with message boards. Either learn to ignore it or don't come to a message board would be my advice to you.

Dude, why would I do that… I figured out a way to be just as irritating to those that irritate me. How the hell am I gonna pull that off if I’m not here 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT