ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Passing

madmustang4

HR MVP
Dec 16, 2003
He’s made some really good passes today. Pass protection has been pretty good today. I wanted this thread cuz he was criticized pretty good last week when he didn’t have any time.

Reactions: JAMAM
The main criticism of Stanley is he doesn't play well in big games.

Purdue is not exactly a defensive juggernaut. With that said, he's been pretty accurate on deep balls today.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Stanley isn’t awesome but he’s above average and serviceable. The problem is you expect and need much more out of a QB who has been given 3 years as a starter. I’m not saying you bench him but getting a 3rd year starter at QB doesn’t happen often. When it does you need that QB to play out of his mind. Stanley has not done that.

He just doesn’t handle pressure very well and isn’t super mobile. Those are bad combos when you’re struggling with blitz pick up and your OL isn’t good, in the interior.

Reactions: kcgolfer
To be fair, he is consistently inaccurate. He has been bailed out by some great catches on poorly thrown balls even when he isn't rushed. Consistently throwing behind crossing routes is costing us turnovers and quite a bit of YAC.
He has some trouble with certain throws like those slants. He seems to miss time routes running across the field and usually throws to their back shoulder. Conversely he's made good progress on those sideline deep outs. The ball he threw to ISM's one handed catch, and the one to Smith late were outstanding throws dropped in the absolute perfect place over the shoulder and right where the WR only could catch it. Its not that easy to make that throw look that perfect. I know many are on the Stanley sucks bandwagon right now, but do give him some credit when its due as well.

The pick was because the ball was thrown behind the receiver. Stanley is a very good QB but this team has enough weaknesses that it needs a GREAT QB.

Reactions: blhawk
Stanley also took two sacks when he had his running backs wide open on what would have been relatively easy pitch and catch throws. Stanley certainly does not play like a 3 year starter.

Reactions: NI hawk
Oh, come on. Do you think you can do better than Stanley? Oh, wait ..., you're Kurt Warner. Never mind.

Stanley sucked today OC sucked today stanley hits sergeant down the middle that any high school QB could do it might haqve been a different game that was inexcusable for a senior QB

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Funny how it's almost an established fact that Stanley overthrows the deep ball. Yet, for 3 years he's been under-leading the crossing stuff and few people even notice.

Nate makes some nice plays for sure, but there's always a doubt he'll flub an easy one.

I agree with those that say he throws behind the crossing routes. If he put those in the WR hands in front of him, we would probably have 30-50 more yards a game since they would have momentum going forward not backwards.

I think we'll miss Stanley a lot next year. There will be many growing pains with breaking in a new quarterback. Whoever that QB is, there are going to be way too many fans who expect the new guy to step in and do the things Stanley did. There will be many times they are disappointed.

I think we'll miss Stanley a lot next year. There will be many growing pains with breaking in a new quarterback. Whoever that QB is, there are going to be way too many fans who expect the new guy to step in and do the things Stanley did. There will be many times they are disappointed.
Well we know one thing for sure. There will be plenty of people who won't be happy, no matter what the kid does, and whoever is the backup, will be the "Fans" next favorite....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT