ADVERTISEMENT

*****Ohio St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

She really did….thats what I see often when she is in. The only thing she’s comfortable with is catching and shooting. She honestly looks unsure!
This is what I mean. Taylor cannot play PG next year. She is too valuable at the 2 as well. If we don’t get another PG in the portal Sydney will need to pinch hit. She is not ideal either but would be better than McCabe. She can slash better and handle the ball better. She isn’t a knockdown 3 pt shooter like McCabe so we won’t miss her as much at the perimeter.

I'm a Northwestern grad ..... I just follow B1G women's BB closely. I have no dog in this fight just think OSU has a better top 7 or 8 than Iowa when all the marbles are on the table

And Iowa will meet Indiana - who SMOKED Iowa earlier - before they get to OSU. I'm predicting Indiana to win the B1G Tournament
Uh, smart guy, Iowa SMOKED Indiana just a few weeks before that, or is that not relevant?

OSU won the Big Ten Championship because they got to 16-1 without playing either Iowa or Indiana on the road. They played Iowa in Iowa City and lead all of what, 2 minutes? They would be an underdog playing in Bloomington a well! Iowa, Indiana and Ohio State play at pretty much the same level. Scheduling had a lot to do with who won the conference! Be thankful rather than brag!
Again, I'm a NU grad - there is no bragging. Just watching one SUPERSTAR player carry your program and after CC leaves, you'll be a middle of the pack program next year. End of story

Uh, smart guy, Iowa SMOKED Indiana just a few weeks before that, or is that not relevant?
So i guess the home court makes a big difference especially late in the season when the really good teams have everything ironed out and rolling? HMMMMM !

She annoys me - Reminds me of how I acted in sports at age 12.

And I don’t care either way that Caitlin is moving on to the WNBA… I’m not even the slightest bit emotionally invested in women’s basketball.
Thats pretty obvious as you never have anything good to say. No one here has said that she couldn't clean those moments up a bit, BUT without ANY discussion whatsoever, she's been the best player in the game, (some say mens or womens) the last 4 years, AND she plays for Iowa, and yet you totally focus ONLY on the bad. Do you think you need to be our conscience? And by the way I'd say your still acting like a 12 yr old....

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
So i guess the home court makes a big difference especially late in the season when the really good teams have everything ironed out and rolling? HMMMMM !
AND, so what exactly. Or are you suggesting the gophers are going to win the B1G tourney, cause we aint playing in Indy dumbass......

Thats pretty obvious as you never have anything good to say. No one here has said that she couldn't clean those moments up a bit, BUT without ANY discussion whatsoever, she's been the best player in the game, (some say mens or womens) the last 4 years, AND she plays for Iowa, and yet you totally focus ONLY on the bad. Do you think you need to be our conscience? And by the way I'd say your still acting like a 12 yr old....
I’m sorry you’re so upset, Jesus Christ..

Ignore me, Sir. Please.

OSU won the Big Ten Championship because they got to 16-1 without playing either Iowa or Indiana on the road. They played Iowa in Iowa City and lead all of what, 2 minutes? They would be an underdog playing in Bloomington a well! Iowa, Indiana and Ohio State play at pretty much the same level. Scheduling had a lot to do with who won the conference! Be thankful rather than brag!
OSU final record 16-2.....Iowa 15-3. Don't they all play the same amount of games? Am I missing something? Again, ONE MORE TIME, OSU didn't have anything to play for today. It's not that hard

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Again, I'm a NU grad - there is no bragging. Just watching one SUPERSTAR player carry your program and after CC leaves, you'll be a middle of the pack program next year. End of story
Iowa made the Elite 8 and won the B1G in 2019 and would have been a low 2 / high 3 seed had the 2020 tourney not been canceled (in that season they beat higher ranked Indiana, Maryland and Ohio State). Then Clark came around. She is the 3rd Iowa player to win B1G POY and second to win NPOY since 2019.

The players on the teams preceding Clark were generally less athletic and lesser ranked than the majority of the girls Clark has played with at Iowa and significantly less athletic than next year’s team. Iowa teams were generally much less deep as well until this year. Regardless, Bluder developed and coached all of them into a competitive team that landed Clark and then grew with her (Czinano was a 3 star recruit that had no business being as good as she became, for example).

Clark will certainly leave a void in her absence but the top 5 returning players next year are as good of a core as Bluder has ever had. Next year 10/13 players will be ESPN Top 100 recruits and 2 more were top 100 by another service (#30ish and #60ish). The class of 2024 is a top ten recruiting class as per ESPN and likely Bluder’s best top to bottom haul ever. 2 chose Iowa over Ohio State, another chose Iowa over Utah, Michigan and Oregon St.

Looking beyond 2024, Bluder already has signed the #35 kid for 2025 and Addie Deal, the #7 / #12 (PGH and ESPN) recruit in the 2025 class took her 3rd visit to Iowa City today. Also in attendance were 4 other Top 20 kids in the classes of 2025 and 2026. One was on her 5th visit, another on at least her 3rd and another has already said in an interview with a local paper that Iowa is her top choice.

Iowa may take a step back next year to recalibrate but the future is very bright…which makes sense bc Iowa has been a strong program since before Clark arrived. Success begets success — I don’t think Clark would have chosen Iowa without Megan Gustafon being so successful. I don’t think Addie Deal visits Iowa 3x without Clark being so successful.

Last edited:
Read what I posted.
I read it. Did you. You said Iowa will play Indiana and the Hoosiers would win. Then referenced Indiana blasting Iowa at Indiana. Then you said you guessed the home court matters. Well we aren't playing in Bloomington. As to your other reference Iowa looks to have got their kinks worked out the last 2 games as well.

Oh, heres one more tidbit for you to chew on. Holmes injured her left leg again in the 2nd half and her status for Indiana is up in the air. Then her backup came in and injured her leg in the 4th quarter, and she had to helped off the court. May want to rethink your prediction.....

OSU final record 16-2.....Iowa 15-3. Don't they all play the same amount of games? Am I missing something? Again, ONE MORE TIME, OSU didn't have anything to play for today. It's not that hard

You’re jealous aren’t you ? Really odd flex in here…😳 I have noticed a few fan bases that are incensed by her…

And tOSU played as hard as they could. They were super keyed up which led to some extremely sloppy play by them… So you probably better tell them they didn’t care or they had nothing to play for…

Hell, the announcers even made a comment in the second half, how much they wanted to win. They’re super frustrated about the attention Iowa gets and they wanted to show that they were clearly the better team when in reality they clearly aren’t…

It basically comes down to a number one seed… If Iowa would beat them again in the Big Ten tournament, they will drop to a two and Iowa will be a one. They might’ve held them off had they beat them twice during the regular season…

It was an important game no matter how much you want to pretend like it wasn’t.

God this was fun ! See ya next year when Iowa struggles to break .500. OH, BTW, B1G champs for 2024 - Ohio State..... a fact with a 16-2 record. BYE

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
God this was fun ! See ya next year when Iowa struggles to break .500. OH, BTW, B1G champs for 2024 - Ohio State..... a fact with a 16-2 record. BYE
There you go take your ball and go home after being bested. I'll take your bet on where Iowa ends up though. Other the OSU all the power teams are mostly seniors, and NO we aren't worried about you NW kitty cats..

Pfff..I have as much interest in you as you say you do about Iowa womens basketball. Just funny you post DURING games about the few mistakes she makes, and yet you say you have no interest in the womens team. Then why watch and post? o_O
I’m not emotionally invested i.e. I’m not bummed when they lose or excited when they win.

I occasionally watch because I pay some attention to anything Iowa.

Why are you so heated that you would come to an Iowa board and create a username to chime in lol. I swear CC22 keeps millions of people up at night like no other player gets this reaction from ppl of all fan bases ISTG

ANYWAY Iowa has won 3 B1G titles during the Clark era and OSU has won 2 in the Sheldon era. Both are very successful. Ohio state, like Indiana, has been more consistent across the conference but for whatever reason Iowa has had both of their numbers the past two seasons.

AP1GczNF7uuGokff6Hhw95I1bfaobh2KB5OGUwNnJuKhITgKVezdmng3_H_fQU0becUnnIXIsqu_CzwMgqKmPxZ_v0Zm7n54nWcQ7ojMIbEYIoxwH-3IAhCrUiFsvYtEUB-MtjgEhoGn-C6eKcT5sFXzWS8Dsayv2zwtXOwZva7z36xpso4TVzeDGge0qqgUeMwYljlG19wNYJ1xIUPjDLLZ2kYiC7X08_QdcTA-eoopupvkVu44Qy7ENeP-W3zZMZp3ortHROF4fV4fXg2n-eQVOs4jlCsqN8zjlw6kcSH3zGuBXcixjIC-X3UNX2dYXsoG_9evooI_f-ya6WG8xMqc_2M1EhKXIs4bJ8FwJbeB-vTflh02w3Mx71pTYKvQEuLJJUYxepzL91rijTo1fbV281coqHlOmZuF7nelV-a9SZKLlbjqjXF0Trxh_5iKRtwdtU0G-5RnH7aJrzJ_IurrarMgl5NYqx1pZJqCOcNtLl2ZhC8bmjQ416nZ8_65-4gLToehOLR-_46eb8rT3A9vyZArZuoYSXP98jQ0NJMYNuQ5y0KkBlAZ-3Hb8hDRyxmRfgqje5Au0ITJrdNgVsneLPJ1a-BWuE0m-Fk6OEUY1TDqluQvJwPLXoPAuKicUWsbb30rWfDeScHs_npp7lhCiqWZW00myWxAjUDX1FaAxo84_nx2IX1PvjBE9pmv3UwzyJsU-JgjWv8lwGK92aqHdBDX0DqF4r9Lh5S3-4MlY6o18gtaNM0cPME9J-d928CiukqweTQ31-xeoZrEtcH6N9cq8_z0LUO0fuSXIaZ9gLaMUzCH64PCT_Rd_mshOzYOCBgh_oeVZbzCF8mpMPpWn2LtFxnEeBK9As-OrhUXNVK6NoOagAcV9_sT8AQFCKa2xJnt8KyZi3GZcYKaQcAY2oZp=w728-h530-s-no-gm

Bye

I think OS played to win. They were not going to give away a game. That is how competitors think. The loss at Nebraska was a disaster.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Idk. Most people would say Ohio state was better than Indiana last year but Indiana won the regular season title. Iowa went further in the tournament than both. Seasons are long.
OSU was not better than Indiana last year. They were super young and minus their bigtime PG Shelton. Big difference between last year's OSU and this year's. Plus, they had a big-time ACC player transfer in this year - can't remember her name. Doesn't matter as the bottom line is that they're the B1G champs - PERIOD.

Are you a guy? If so you are REALLY butt hurt by a girl aren't you?

OSU was not better than Indiana last year. They were super young and minus their bigtime PG Shelton. Big difference between last year's OSU and this year's. Plus, they had a big-time ACC player transfer in this year - can't remember her name. Doesn't matter as the bottom line is that they're the B1G champs - PERIOD.

I’m confused as to what you are accomplishing. Clearly you have an agenda, but I don’t think you are accomplishing what you think….

I haven’t seen one rebuttal in here that seems all too torn up about tOSU being the conference champion. My guess is you have a hard on for Iowa and CC thought you’d fire up the fans but….,

Speaking for me all I wanted was a convincing win from start to finish to prove who the dominant team was….in both those games we controlled them all but the last 5 minutes and overtime of the 1st game. We fixed everything we messed up last game and the autobid comes from the BTT.

That seems to be the company line by most in here. I believe you thought you’d catch several people upset about the B1G but we aren’t….bigger fish and all that…sorry for not playing along…🤷‍♂️

Oh and tOSU plays I believe 5 Srs in their top 7. They aren’t young

Ooohhh you are bitter….yikes. I like it. Keep growing the hate Luke…😳

I'm not arguing whether Ohio State was better last year than they are this year. I'm talking about whether Indiana or Ohio State were better last year.

OSU bounced IU in the B1G Tourney (after being down 24) and then made the Elite 8 (beating UConn in the Sweet 16) while Indiana got handily defeated in the Round of 32 by Miami....

Last edited:
I think Indiana is actually better than osu
My one takeaway from the last game against IU is that I would love to see Yardon Garzen (i.e., future MOSSAD agent) transfer to Iowa. She has a mean streak like Affolter, and is better from 3-pt line.

Bull. They were not "super young". They had EIGHT girls graduate this year. Their transfer was Taylor from Duke, and she was the defensive player of the year in the ACC. She drew CC as her assignment when she was on the court. Of course Clark scored 80 points in the two games, so meh.......

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT