ADVERTISEMENT

*****Ohio St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

Get Down Dancing GIF by Sony Pictures Television
Terrible...

EO86aG.gif

Pete's dad was also the head coach and let him chuck it 40 times a game, twice as many as what you'd normally see from a star PG. That's going to inflate your ppg and lower your assists per game. Probably piss off your team as well lol.

Reactions: Sandistar
Could have easily gotten tagged there.
Is there anything else that YOU would like to bitch about the back to back winner of EVERY award in womens basketball and Iowa's FIRST 4 time AA? Do you EVER post anything positive about Clark? I assume you were thrilled when she announced she's moving on so that you won't have to stomach her being such a big baby next season.......

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
Now CC is a flopper because the officials decided to call T for a push after incidental contact. While her complaining to refs may be off putting, her haters act like everything she does is manipulative.

Is there anything else that YOU would like to bitch about the back to back winner of EVERY award in womens basketball and Iowa's FIRST 4 rime AA? Do you EVER post anything positive about Clark? I assume you were thrilled when she announced she's moving on so that you won't have to stomach her being such a big baby next season.......

As you know @coorsoriginal02 is just like that. He is negative period! Terrible way to live.

I read this thread and shake my head over all the negative comments about the officials. So I go over to “Eleven Warriors” , the OSU site. You should read the screaming their people are doing… junior high locker room level discussion! Talk about pulling their team off the court in protest! God I love you guys!

Every record should have an asterisk, I guess.
Just can't compare stats of men vs women games especially stats that are several decades apart. CC is an all-time women's player - Maravich was great men's CBB player. Don't try to compare them - just ridiculous

I read this thread and shake my head over all the negative comments about the officials. So I go over to “Eleven Warriors” , the OSU site. You should read the screaming their people are doing… junior high locker room level discussion! Talk about pulling their team off the court in protest! God I love you guys!
Good God. you see this on every losing team's thread. Go back and read the iowa threads after the Indiana and Nebraska losses. Plus, OSU had nothing to play for - they already wrapped up the B1G. This game was all about CC show and how many points she'd get

Reactions: cmhawks99
Good God. you see this on every losing team's thread. Go back and read the iowa threads after the Indiana and Nebraska losses. Plus, OSU had nothing to play for - they already wrapped up the B1G. This game was all about CC show and how many points she'd get
I am guessing there are 14 players and a coaching staff flying back to Columbus right now that think they had a lot to play for… self-respect and NCAA seeding being just a couple reasons. But, of course, the Buckeye players do clearly lack a competitive spirit, so you might be right!

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
I am guessing there are 14 players and a coaching staff flying back to Columbus right now that think they had a lot to play for… self-respect and NCAA seeding being just a couple reasons. But, of course, the Buckeye players do clearly lack a competitive spirit, so you might be right!
Didn't they win the B1G - a season-long quest not just one game? Plus, it was at Iowa and a totally crazy atmosphere. You wanna bet on Iowa-OSU if they meet on a neutral court in Minneaopolis in the B1G Tournament?

Reactions: Allaroundfan
Didn't they win the B1G - a season-long quest not just one game? Plus, it was at Iowa and a totally crazy atmosphere. You wanna bet on Iowa-OSU if they meet on a neutral court in Minneaopolis in the B1G Tournament?
Iowa will win again on neutral court. PTSD for the buckeyes when they step foot on the court in Target Center again. 105-72, 61-24 at half.

This game went about like I expected it to. They kept Cotie out of the lane, they didn’t have two players HS (normal) Kate Martin hadn’t happened all year before and after, in foul trouble. And limit 2nd chance points.

We are a better rebounding team, so that seemed possible and they kept Cotie from any downhill momentum. So we didn’t have to see her travel and bowl girls over all game, so double bonus for us.

The point is this….through 8 quarters of play, Iowa has been leading most all of 7 of them.

Iowa will be favored on a neutral court.

I enjoyed last game and I expect it was necessary for our growth. You were never in this game.

Your in a rivals
Last year - OSU had already wrapped up the B1G before today's game and had nothing to play for. Nothing like living in the past

You’re on a rivals board, one that you just lost to, in which you didn’t have a lead in all but maybe a couple minutes of the game and you’re going to accuse someone of living in the past…WTH?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Your in a rivals

You’re on a rivals board, one that you just lost to, in which you didn’t have a lead in all but maybe a couple minutes of the game and you’re going to accuse someone of living in the past…WTH?
I'm a Northwestern grad ..... I just follow B1G women's BB closely. I have no dog in this fight just think OSU has a better top 7 or 8 than Iowa when all the marbles are on the table

And Iowa will meet Indiana - who SMOKED Iowa earlier - before they get to OSU. I'm predicting Indiana to win the B1G Tournament

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
I'm a Northwestern grad ..... I just follow B1G women's BB closely. I have no dog in this fight just think OSU has a better top 7 or 8 than Iowa when all the marbles are on the table

And Iowa will meet Indiana - who SMOKED Iowa earlier - before they get to OSU. I'm predicting Indiana to win the B1G Tournament
You missed the Iowa smoked Indiana earlier part.

Reactions: ddeanHawk

Iowa SMOKED Indiana in their first meeting of the season and has actually beaten Indiana 5 of the last 7 meetings. Iowa has always been a poor matchup for them for whatever reason.

It’s probably, maybe even hard to hear, from a fan of a team who has been in the national limelight all year long basically two years, but…as much coverage as we get, we are still assumed to be the Caitlyn Clark show…

This team is decidedly better than last year’s team… We’ve played a higher ranked schedule we have more wins. Our offensive numbers are better defensive numbers are better. Our rebounding numbers are significantly better…

This might be debatable now with Molly Davis injured, but I’m gonna tell you every player on that court including Caitlyn Clark has upped their game demonstratively from last year…

Last year we were a two person team that got some hot shooting in the last month of the season…

And Warnock and Monica were terrific offensive players, but not good defenders, not good rebounders, and they both threw the ball away 2+ times a game.

Do yourself a favor and I mean it, I’m not being snarky go look at last year’s stats, year over year and players… Kate Martin, Molly Davis before she just got hurt Sydney Affolter, and Hannah are having career years!

I don’t think there is a team in the country that run up and down the court with us, when we’re on.

Now USC is the best, but we’ve played a very good schedule vs some great centers.

We have the 3rd best odds to win it all and maybe higher now?

We will need luck, but we don’t need to be afraid of anyone.

OSU won the Big Ten Championship because they got to 16-1 without playing either Iowa or Indiana on the road. They played Iowa in Iowa City and lead all of what, 2 minutes? They would be an underdog playing in Bloomington a well! Iowa, Indiana and Ohio State play at pretty much the same level. Scheduling had a lot to do with who won the conference! Be thankful rather than brag!

Is there anything else that YOU would like to bitch about the back to back winner of EVERY award in womens basketball and Iowa's FIRST 4 rime AA? Do you EVER post anything positive about Clark? I assume you were thrilled when she announced she's moving on so that you won't have to stomach her being such a big baby next season.......
She annoys me - Reminds me of how I acted in sports at age 12.

And I don’t care either way that Caitlin is moving on to the WNBA… I’m not even the slightest bit emotionally invested in women’s basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT