ADVERTISEMENT

*****Summer Olympics Thread🏅*****

You’re out of your mind.

You’re not being objective, Tom. With this coach, CC would not have played in a pressure situation.

When Stewart was struggling, Ionescu came in off the bench and righted the ship. That’s the PG’s role. Clark would have struggled with France’s pressure and not gotten the looks that you guys think. Stewart was getting those looks and failed repeatedly.

Stop being homers. This coach left CC off the roster for a reason

It’s not all personal.

Reactions: MilleGinja
And they were all treated to the style of play that's made the WNBA unwatchable for 20 years.
Tuned in to watch a ballgame. Saw this instead...

x74NP3.gif

If I recall, decisions on roster were made early on when CC wasn't playing as well in the WNBA season. Did seem to be some favoritism picking Taurasi over CC though. CC has played a lot better in the time between USA roster announcement and the Olympics. I assume she'll pick up where she left off and finish the WNBA season strong and it'll be a no-doubter in 2028.

Reactions: torbee
If I recall, decisions on roster were made early on when CC wasn't playing as well in the WNBA season. Did seem to be some favoritism picking Taurasi over CC though. CC has played a lot better in the time between USA roster announcement and the Olympics. I assume she'll pick up where she left off and finish the WNBA season strong and it'll be a no-doubter in 2028.
Even if not Clark, nobody else in the WNBA is a better option than Taurasi? I find that hard to believe.

You’re out of your ever loving mind 😂

Tell me Torbee: how many minutes did Taurasi get?

You guys are homers. Just stop.

She was left off the roster for a reason. With this coach, she never would have seen the court in this game.

What’s so hard to understand about that?

If you’re asking: should CC have replaced Taurasi to begin with…then it’s a “yes”.

If you’re really claiming that CC would have been a better option than Stewart or Ionescu in a pressure situation, it’s not even debatable.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I agree that Clark probably wouldn't have played much, but I think if you're bringing in player who's only playing limited minutes, you pick the 22 year old and not the 42 year old
I disagree - Clark would have played a lot for this team as their 3 point shooting was atrocious and they could have used her passing skills.

Well, I would hope so…won’t Taurasi be about 50 years old in 2028!!

She was left off the roster for a reason.
Yeah, she and Reese were left off because it’s an OG farewell tour.

Did you miss the game where the WNBA all-stars buried this Olympic team by 20?

Clark would have been the best passer on this squad and Reese the best rebounder and it wouldn’t have been particularly close.

You’re not being objective, Tom. With this coach, CC would not have played in a pressure situation.

When Stewart was struggling, Ionescu came in off the bench and righted the ship. That’s the PG’s role. Clark would have struggled with France’s pressure and not gotten the looks that you guys think. Stewart was getting those looks and failed repeatedly.

Stop being homers. This coach left CC off the roster for a reason

It’s not all personal.
Totally disagree. She would have earned her minutes throughout the tournament and if you really think Caitlin would have struggled against the press I don’t know what to tell you. It would have turned into a fast break layup drill. She’s a top 2 PG in the W. She would have gotten OTHERS open looks. I wasn’t worried about her getting shots. She wouldn’t have needed to.

Yeah, she and Reese were left off because it’s an OG farewell tour.

Did you miss the game where the WNBA all-stars buried this Olympic team by 20?

Clark would have been the best passer on this squad and Reese the best rebounder and it wouldn’t have been particularly close.
This

I swear to god all the people who say CC shouldn't be on the team or shouldn't get any minutes have not watched a single minute of the WNBA this year.
They are basketball idiots. She is LEADING the WNBA in assists per game!

I think 95Hawk is just having fun trolling otherwise he should never, ever share a basketball take.

I swear to god all the people who say CC shouldn't be on the team or shouldn't get any minutes have not watched a single minute of the WNBA this year.

It’s not about her being on the team, Bro. That’s not my point throughout this entire thread.

This coach would not have put her in during this match. That’s all I’m saying.

First: you guys are asking this coach to roster CC. Which she didn’t.

Then you’re claiming she would have opted for CC over Stewart or Ionescu in this particular game. It wouldn’t have happened.

CC would have received the Tyrese Halibutton treatment. She woulda won gold and we could all be happy about that. But she wasn’t playing in this game.

Stop being CC fan-boys and homers for once. It’s annoying when Iowa State fans did it for Tyrese.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Tell me Torbee: how many minutes did Taurasi get?

You guys are homers. Just stop.

She was left off the roster for a reason. With this coach, she never would have seen the court in this game.

What’s so hard to understand about that?

If you’re asking: should CC have replaced Taurasi to begin with…then it’s a “yes”.

If you’re really claiming that CC would have been a better option than Stewart or Ionescu in a pressure situation, it’s not even debatable.
Yeah Clark has never shown to be able to handle big pressure moments. Holy. Hell.

They are basketball idiots. She is LEADING the WNBA in assists per game!

I think 95Hawk is just having fun trolling otherwise he should never, ever share a basketball take.

And she never would have played in this game, Torbee.

Her foot was inside the 3-point line, otherwise it would have been an OT game.
Meant the 3 before the last shot.

Even that make looked like it took everything the shooter had just to get the ball to the rim.

I just don't get how hard it is with professional "grown women" WNBA shooters trying to get the ball to the rim compared to how effortless Clark made it look as a freshman in college..........................

The ONLY difference is the brand of basketball. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

It’s not about her being on the team, Bro. That’s not my point throughout this entire thread.

Then you’re claiming she would have opted for CC over Stewart or Ionescu in this particular game. It wouldn’t have happened.

CC would have received the Tyrese Halibutij treatment. She woulda won gold and we could all be happy about that. But she wasn’t playing in this game.

Stop being CC fan-boys and homers for once. It’s annoying when Iowa State fans did it for Tyrese.
If your take is the coach is an idiot for not availing herself of the WNBA’s leading assist getter, then you are correct.

CC would have received the Tyrese Halibutton treatment. She woulda won gold and we could all be happy about that. But she wasn’t playing in this game.

Why the laughter, Tom?

Did the coach select CC to the roster?

You guys are wearing the Iowa-colored glasses but you don’t see the reality. This coach refused to play Taurasi in this match. Why would she go to her #3 PG option today?

I think 95 is saying this coach wouldn’t have been played CC because of politics, favoritism, other options, whatever…not that Clark couldn’t have contributed even if the coach gad given her the chance.

Correct?

Thank you.

CC would have filled a roster spot like Laettner in 92 or Haliburton and Tatum for the men this year. And we all woulda been happy about it and it would be a feel-good situation.

It’s not personal. Take the feels out of it.

CC would have received the Tyrese Halibutij treatment. She woulda won gold and we could all be happy about that. But she wasn’t playing in this game.

Sorry but outside of Aja, Stewie and Ionescu, you cant convince me anyone else on that team is better than her.

I will say you may be right tho that she wouldn't get minutes... not because of her skill level, but because their miserable bitch of a coach wouldn't play her out of spite

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT