ADVERTISEMENT

*****Summer Olympics Thread🏅*****

Sorry but outside of Aja, Stevie and Ionescu, you cant convince me anyone else on that team is better than her.

I will say you may be right tho that she wouldn't get minutes... not because of her skill level, but because their miserable bitch of a coach wouldn't play her out of spite

That’s all I’m saying. She deserved a spot on the roster. Certainly more than Taurasi. And she would have made a contribution in the tournament.

Today was a different animal. You had a high pressure situation and you had two strong options in Stewart and Ionescu. And then the politics of it all…

That’s all I’m saying. She deserved a spot on the roster. Certainly more than Taurasi. And she would have made a contribution in the tournament.

Today was a different animal. You had a high pressure situation and you had two strong options in Stewart and Ionescu. And then the politics of it all…
Ionescu playing 10 minutes in the gold medal game tells you all to know about the level of incompetence that we're dealing with. Women's professional basketball leadership is just soooo mind blowingly stupid. Frustrating. Luckily CC handles it better than I do lol

Ionescu playing 10 minutes in the gold medal game tells you all to know about the level of incompetence that we're dealing with. Women's professional basketball leadership is just soooo mind blowingly stupid. Frustrating. Luckily CC handles it better than I do lol

Ionescu was effective in the 3rd quarter I felt. After France made their run, she stabilized things. At least that adjustment was made.

Reeve would not have played her because she's a spiteful bitch, but CC has seen just as much defensive pressure in the W and has done pretty well with it, particularly the last dozen games or more, so I don't think that would have been an issue, and it certainly isn't wearing black and gold colored glasses to think so.

Let me start by saying Caitlin should have been on the team.

But if people think she was getting her spot over Diana they have not paid any attention to the selection process of Team USA before. Taurasi didn't deserve to be on the team based on her play this year but there is zero shot she was getting left off of it. The US Men's and Women's national team always gives players who have played for them before preferential treatment.

Let me start by saying Caitlin should have been on the team.

But if people think she was getting her spot over Diana they have not paid any attention to the selection process of Team USA before. Taurasi didn't deserve to be on the team based on her play this year but there is zero shot she was getting left off of it. The US Men's and Women's national team always gives players who have played for them before preferential treatment.
This I agree with. CC would have helped today. All I was saying. Bring on 2028.

Ionescu almost cost them the game. Got hunted on defense and she couldn't handle the press at all.

She should have been home watching while Caitlin was in France getting gold.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Reeve would not have played her because she's a spiteful bitch, but CC has seen just as much defensive pressure in the W and has done pretty well with it, particularly the last dozen games or more, so I don't think that would have been an issue, and it certainly isn't wearing black and gold colored glasses to think so.
I didn't see a lot of double teams by France in the half court, especially in the 4th.

In fact, I think they screwed up on some defensive possessions sticking to their individual assignments rather than helping or focusing on who was obviously going to be getting the ball/taking the shots for the U.S. down thr stretch.

Would France really have changed up their defensive philosophy to stop Clark when the U.S. has so many other scoring options?

Would've ended up about the same as the All-Star game. Clark may not score but she would be dishing out assists left and right.

That was always the one part of her game that was gonna translate to the pros from Day 1 and separate herself from everyone else.

3 weeks till the Hawkeyes take the field which is awesome. Too bad these Olympics are only every 4 years but I realize that is what makes them so special. NBC coverage of these Olympics has been excellent. The peacock delivered.
Yep NBC absolutely crushed it, the Gold Medal thing Peacock did was a home run. This cements Peacock as legit going forward.

Role player isn't a dirty word by any means. She's a good rebounder and runs the court well. She would be a good addition.. my snarkiness just comes from people constantly lumping them together when it's clear one is twice the basketball player as the other
Agreed with everything here.

I would bet against the men and women in 2028 basketball.

A better coach and the Women win this game easily.

Unless the selection committee screws things up you could be looking at a roster of

Clark
Paige
Juju
Plum
 Young
Wilson
Boston
Stewart
Reese
Brink
Collier

No one is touching them.

The US Men on the other hand.... they might be fighting for bronze.

Last edited:
Role player isn't a dirty word by any means. She's a good rebounder and runs the court well. She would be a good addition.. my snarkiness just comes from people constantly lumping them together when it's clear one is twice the basketball player as the other

Haha… I get it. **** angel. But, she is going to play an important role in CC getting 4 gold medals.

A better coach and the Women win this game easily.

Unless the selection committee screws things up you could be looking at a roster of

Clark
Paige
Juju
Plum
 Young
Wilson
Boston
Stewart
Reese
Brink
Collier

No one is touching them.

The US Men on the other hand.... they might be bringing fighting for bronze.
Not in 2028 but agreed with the rest of the analysis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT