ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano going 133 next year?

Flo did a Facebook live with Pyles and I believe the Nomad guy and Pyles said Suriano would move up. I remember looking at Suriano last year and writing on bwi that i didn’t think he’d be a career 125 so this doesn’t surprise me at all

Check out this video posted by Flo about a hour ago of Suriano. Go to the 3:10 mark. Suriano was askes about wrestling Lee the next two years. He says he could wrestle him tonight, but his body is still growing and he will see how things go this summer. He makes it clear he is not trying to dodge him though.

Thoughts?

https://m.facebook.com/FloWrestling/

giphy.gif

Man, 133 next year could be similar to 125 at the top this year. Gross, Micic, Suriano, Wilson, Pletcher, Maybe Brock/Fix? Idk how OK state is going to work out their lineup next year. Could see a lot of different scenarios across the whole lineup.

And of course, Bonus for Lee in the finals next year + Hodge and OW. :):cool:

Man, 133 next year could be similar to 125 at the top this year. Gross, Micic, Suriano, Wilson, Pletcher, Maybe Brock/Fix? Idk how OK state is going to work out their lineup next year. Could see a lot of different scenarios across the whole lineup.

And of course, Bonus for Lee in the finals next year + Hodge and OW. :):cool:
Add Lizak to this list as well no way he’s at 125 next year

Check out this video posted by Flo about a hour ago of Suriano. Go to the 3:10 mark. Suriano was askes about wrestling Lee the next two years. He says he could wrestle him tonight, but his body is still growing and he will see how things go this summer. He makes it clear he is not trying to dodge him though.

Thoughts?

Funny how Nick's body immediately started to grow with :10 seconds left in the first period of the Final, as soon as he felt Spencer's strength for the first time in four years. Works wonders for your growth spurt!

BakPak Lizak started to grow during the Minn-IA dual, Fix started to grow about two summers ago.....it's a magical growth serum called "Having to Face Spencer Lee."

Will be interesting to see where Fix wrestles freestyle this summer. Think it will tell us a lot about whether he or Picc is at 125 next year. Fix is great from neutral but honestly don’t know how he fares vs Spencer from bottom in Folk?

Don’t think Suriano is ducking, kid is shredded, sure sounds like 133 is in his future.

Thoughts?

My thought is that if Suriano wants to be a national champion, he better go up a weight.

My thought is that if Suriano wants to be a national champion, he better go up a weight.
For me, a perfect world would see Suriano bump up (because he’s growing....wink wink), Lee announces after Midlands that he too will be bumping up only because he felt bad Nick wanted another shot at him (wink wink), then Lee destroys Nick in the finals at Nationals.

Oh yeah, and finally FLO puts out another “Vision Quest” piece, this time featuring both Lee and Suriano detailing the entire thing...

Based on what I know, I have nothing but respect for Nick. Kid had some knee issues of his own late in the season that could have affected his performance and he still had a great national tournament and gave Spencer one of his best matches of the season in a match where Spencer’s gas tank was in prime shape. He made Spencer fight like heck for his 2 takedowns and didn’t get turned. That’s more than almost anyone else can say.

If he moves up, I’d say it’s legit — he seems like a big 125. No doubt, if 125 clears out, 133 very easily could become the new 125 and could be the most stacked weight class of all. Will be f*** to see where Suriano and Fix go, in particular. Fix is also a pretty big 125 and Picc seems more natural for the weight; I’d guess Fix goes 133.

If Suriano moves up, the question is whether or not Fix is at 125. I tend to think he’ll be at 133 because it makes the most sense for the team.

No Fix and no Suriano, I can’t see anyone preventing Spencer from bonus next year. Spencer will need to get on a Kyle Snyder type schedule just to get good competition. May need to check out the Yarigan.

Yeah, I’ve also heard that the plan was for Suriano to go 133 next year, regardless of what happened at Nationals. He’s just too big. He’s not the type to dodge anyone.
I’ve also heard that Fix beats the tar out of Picc in practice and will take his spot at 125 next year.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Not to take the thread to an Okie State discussion, but does that mean, Picc bumps up to 133 and Brock goes 141? Not sure how the cut or potential growth plays out for the cowpokes.

Based on what I know, I have nothing but respect for Nick. Kid had some knee issues of his own late in the season that could have affected his performance and he still had a great national tournament and gave Spencer one of his best matches of the season in a match where Spencer’s gas tank was in prime shape. He made Spencer fight like heck for his 2 takedowns and didn’t get turned. That’s more than almost anyone else can say.

If he moves up, I’d say it’s legit — he seems like a big 125. No doubt, if 125 clears out, 133 very easily could become the new 125 and could be the most stacked weight class of all. Will be f*** to see where Suriano and Fix go, in particular. Fix is also a pretty big 125 and Picc seems more natural for the weight; I’d guess Fix goes 133.

I would guess Picc, Fix, GFeller (Brock shirt).

Suriano almost wasn’t able to wrestle the B1G from what I heard...like WDM said. But the kid is in phenomenal shape so it didn’t seem to hinder him one bit. All of that said, if he stays 125, I think Lee distances himself from Suriano.

Can't really blame him either way. As tough as 133 may be, he would have a chance. At 125 he will not.

Reactions: Dagboi

Suriano almost wasn’t able to wrestle the B1G from what I heard...like WDM said. But the kid is in phenomenal shape so it didn’t seem to hinder him one bit. All of that said, if he stays 125, I think Lee distances himself from Suriano.
I was talking to OSU fans while there and they said the plan is for Fix to go 133.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Suriano stay at 125...

Thoughts?

Interesting. Cause it appeared to me Saturday night that he was dodging Spencer for the entire third period.

Brock doesn’t have a redshirt, the year he got hurt became a medical redshirt for him

If Suriano moves up, the question is whether or not Fix is at 125. I tend to think he’ll be at 133 because it makes the most sense for the team.

No Fix and no Suriano, I can’t see anyone preventing Spencer from bonus next year. Spencer will need to get on a Kyle Snyder type schedule just to get good competition. May need to check out the Yarigan.
he would get his tough competition from the room with gilman and clark everyday.

True, but based on his performance I would be surorised if Lee isn’t besting them as well.
good possibly, it would be fun and exciting to watch lee go up against gilman on their feet and against clark in top/bottom exchanges. got the best of both worlds with 2 heavy hammers in each position. why cant we get any top 133lbs is confusing to me with lee, gilman, and clark. not sure you could ask for a better 3 some of partners, let alone having TnT in your corner.

Interesting issues at Okie State. I think Picc is an average wrestler, but there's an obvious log jam there. There are stories that very few guys cut much weight for Smith. If you leave Picc at 125... that leaves Fix/Brock/Gfeller/Loowellan from 133-157. Smith won't want his own kid at 165 with all the talent returning there. He'll get killed if he's not 157. My guess is Brock is the odd man out.

Regarding 125... Lee just might never wrestle a 7 minute match next season.

I caught some views of Fix at the USA team practice on Thursday and Friday and he looks really, really big. I know that looks are deceiving, and he's got about 9 months to get to 125, but from my observation he's bigger than Gilman by a lot, he's every bit as big as Nahshon Garrett and looked larger even than Streebler.

Now, that's just one nobody's observation, from a distance while watching practice, but my money is on Fix at 133.

PM

Fix sounds like a guy that will have similar results to what Lee experienced this season... that is... lose a few close matches early and blast through the competition at Nationals. At 133, of course!

Reactions: Dagboi
Interesting issues at Okie State. I think Picc is an average wrestler, but there's an obvious log jam there. There are stories that very few guys cut much weight for Smith. If you leave Picc at 125... that leaves Fix/Brock/Gfeller/Loowellan from 133-157. Smith won't want his own kid at 165 with all the talent returning there. He'll get killed if he's not 157. My guess is Brock is the odd man out.

Regarding 125... Lee just might never wrestle a 7 minute match next season.
Lee is a beast but let's no forget Bresser is back and Fix might say I'm going 125 so I imagine Lee has a few 7 min matches.

I caught some views of Fix at the USA team practice on Thursday and Friday and he looks really, really big. I know that looks are deceiving, and he's got about 9 months to get to 125, but from my observation he's bigger than Gilman by a lot, he's every bit as big as Nahshon Garrett and looked larger even than Streebler.

Now, that's just one nobody's observation, from a distance while watching practice, but my money is on Fix at 133.

PM
Fix made 125 a couple of months ago and I’m sure is planning on 57kg this offseason. Stieber is up at 65 kg, there is no way he’s bigger than Stieber.

Reactions: merr6267
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT