ADVERTISEMENT

TE Recruiting

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Karner from Ill. visiting the big June 23rd official weekend, Burt from Nebraska visiting on June 10th. They also just offered Hoffman from Kansas, but he looks to be a Mizzo lean. I believe Burt was offered after attending Iowa's camp, Hoffman had a separate workout on Sunday night.

Looks like we'll take two in the class. Wonder if Hayes is still in play?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Does anyone know what the deal is with Jacob Simpson from Johnston? His film looks more than solid.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Jacob Simpson from Johnston? His film looks more than solid.
Good question about Simpson. I see both Iowa and ISU have not offered. Wondering a bit about Karner also, since we made these two new offers. Only time will tell.

Karner from Ill. visiting the big June 23rd official weekend, Burt from Nebraska visiting on June 10th. They also just offered Hoffman from Missouri but he looks to be a Mizzo lean. I believe Burt and Hoffman were offered after attending Iowa's camp.

Looks like we'll take two in the class. Wonder if Hayes is still in play?
Little correction..Hoffman is from Kansas. Same area as Richman.

IA is going to the better players and will always be going up against stiff competition moving forward.
thanks-obvious.gif

Crappies, invited the neighbors for a fish fry so caught my limit.
where did you go as last time I was able to go there was no limit on crappies?

did you deep fry them?

last fish fry where they had crappies they used one of those deep fryers that is they used for frying turkeys. made up some batter with beer in it. pretty good.

never could get the bass to come out, so I just stick to crappie and blue gil's. the bass large or small mouth its strickly catch and release. fish like Alaskan polock we get from the store my wife won't cook it because it falls apart to easy.

walleye my son in law brings back from Minnesota which he is up there doing now.

Reactions: onionman1
Karner would be a huge get to lock up on the 23rd when he is in on his visit. Florida is gonna be tough competition. Not to mention, helping land his 2025 teammate Dominik Hulak that would be a huge get for the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Hoffman is narrowing his list. Looks to be a race between ASU, Mizzou, and Iowa. Hopefully they can lock him down this weekend.

Hoffman is narrowing his list. Looks to be a race between ASU, Mizzou, and Iowa. Hopefully they can lock him down this weekend.

He stated he wants to be "the guy" as far as TE's go in recruiting...I think Iowa lands Karner...not sure Hoffman comes here if Karner verbals to Iowa.. Burt is waiting on a decision from Nelson...If Nelson verbals to Nebraska...Burt will be a Hawk(this is my opinion)...

Sidenote-I believe Iowa sits very well with 2025 prospect-Thomas Meyer..

He stated he wants to be "the guy" as far as TE's go in recruiting...I think Iowa lands Karner...not sure Hoffman comes here if Karner verbals to Iowa.. Burt is waiting on a decision from Nelson...If Nelson verbals to Nebraska...Burt will be a Hawk(this is my opinion)...

Sidenote-I believe Iowa sits very well with 2025 prospect-Thomas Meyer..
Schott is another 4* on different sites that has been to Iowa for 2025. That class has the potential to be a monster, hopefully between on the field play and NIL money, it happens.

Hoffman probably won't be happy at IA has IA likes to use multiple TE's. IMO Hoffman should go to the school that promises him that he will be the man.

IA has some really good TE waiting on the bench just waiting for their chance. after these its worth the wait
Hochenson 3* and a 2* on one site
Fant 3* on all the sites 5.6 to 5.7
Laporta 5.5 3* and low 3* by other sites

none of them were 4*'s and yet they are all the NFL as high draft picks, the players that pick the Hawks will be just fine,

it is for this reason I can't understand why some of the higher ranked TE's especially legacy recruits won't even bother consider or give IA a 2nd look.

I beg to differ with you. Iowa is the only school to have two first round TE's drafted. That could happen again this year. Two TE's or three will always see the field at Iowa. I read today that Burt is a Nebby lean. Karner and Hoffman would be great.

• Haha
I beg to differ with you. Iowa is the only school to have two first round TE's drafted. That could happen again this year. Two TE's or three will always see the field at Iowa. I read today that Burt is a Nebby lean. Karner and Hoffman would be great.
My opinion...Burt wants to go to Nebraska. If Nelson goes elsewhere...He signs with Nebby...IF Nelson chooses Nebby..I think Burt goes to Iowa..

If Karner chooses Iowa(I think this is a solid bet) .Hoffman heads to ASU..

My guesses-
Karner-Iowa
Burt-Iowa
Nelson-Nebby
Hoffman-ASU

My opinion...Burt wants to go to Nebraska. If Nelson goes elsewhere...He signs with Nebby...IF Nelson chooses Nebby..I think Burt goes to Iowa..

My guesses-
Karner-Iowa
Burt-Iowa
Nelson-Nebby
Hoffman-ASU
That sounds about right. I'd be really happy with a Karner commit. Is Hayes still in the picture? He is a TE/DE type.

My guesses-
Karner-Iowa
Burt-Iowa
Nelson-Nebby
Hoffman-ASU
I think Nelson is down to Georgia or Nebraska. His official to Nebraska is this weekend. Already did an official to GA. GA already has one 4 star TE commit .

I think Nelson is down to Georgia or Nebraska. His official to Nebraska is this weekend. Already did an official to GA. GA already has one 4 star TE commit .
I think Iowa really wants two TE's in this class. We will probably lose both Lachey and All to the NFL.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT