ADVERTISEMENT

TE Recruiting

even worse when the top 5 in-state commits, including 3 of the top 5 (PSU) are headed out of state for Minnesota.
Long term...it's a problem. Right now, on paper, the Badgers appear to be able to bring in higher end talent from outside the state..A big problem would be if they lost alot of high end talent year after year and weren't able to gain equally talented kids from outside the state..

Is there any blowback towards the program because of the dismissal of Chryst from local high school coaches? Or is it just a situation where the new staff is in the building stage as far as gaining the confidence from the local schools?

• Haha
Reactions: HogPorkingHawkeye
Hoffman has received numerous offers this week. The Vols make me nervous, they have a boat load of cash, as go most SEC schools.

My opinion...Burt wants to go to Nebraska. If Nelson goes elsewhere...He signs with Nebby...IF Nelson chooses Nebby..I think Burt goes to Iowa..

If Karner chooses Iowa(I think this is a solid bet) .Hoffman heads to ASU..

My guesses-
Karner-Iowa
Burt-Iowa
Nelson-Nebby
Hoffman-ASU

As much as I hate to say it, I think…

Karner-Iowa
Brix-Nebby
Nelson-Nebby
Hoffman-ASU

No inside info is in reading articles regarding how visits at different programs went….

Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
I'll do the hard work for you. In the 2024 class Minnesota has had 1 decommit. Doubt if that's leading the country.
I assumed he meant in general they do seem to have a lot year to year under Fleck.

It’s not like there has been time to decommit in the 24 class. Most guys are just now making their commitment…1 probably is a lot at this point. That’s like bragging that you’ve only been divorced once at the age of 23.

I assumed he meant in general they do seem to have a lot year to year under Fleck.

It’s not like there has been time to decommit in the 24 class. Most guys are just now making their commitment…1 probably is a lot at this point. That’s like bragging that you’ve only been divorced once at the age of 23.
It's not exactly a well kept secret that the Fleckster is a high pressure used car salesman to recruits early in the cycle.

I don't blame the kids one bit...take that Gopher offer until a better offer comes along.
If the kids are any good...one will.
Just look at this year's class in Dinkytown...nearly half the class is lower rated kids from in State. In State kids are more likely to stay committed. Fleck lost the Georgia QB just as I described.

It's not exactly a well kept secret that the Fleckster is a high pressure used car salesman to recruits early in the cycle.

I don't blame the kids one bit...take that Gopher offer until a better offer comes along.
Just look at this year's class in Dinkytown...nearly half the class is lower rated kids from in State. In State kids are more likely to stay committed. Fleck lost the Georgia QB just as I described.
I was agreeing with you, saying they usually have a lot of decommits. I’m aware of how he recruits. It’s almost certainly why they seem to lose several commits every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL
And we got Hoffman today.
meh-face-girl-in-pink-cfx8af6eby8cmtc5.webp

Curious, have you sat in his office and heard this “high pressure” sales pitch? I did sit in his office with my son and our experience was the exact opposite of high pressure.

As much as I hate to say it, I think…

Karner-Iowa
Brix-Nebby
Nelson-Nebby
Hoffman-ASU

No inside info is in reading articles regarding how visits at different programs went….

Hope I’m wrong.
You probably need to do better research, or your crystal ball is broken. Hoffman committed to IOWA hours BEFORE you posted this...... o_O

Too bad Oklahoma will struggle in the SEC, so whatever the "lure of the SEC" is worth. They won't have the panty waists of the little 12 to beat up on....
Riley was smart to bolt...Not sure Venables was a good choice..Oklahoma kinda messed up in 2 of their recent big hires...Porter Moser in basketball and Venables...

Curious, have you sat in his office and heard this “high pressure” sales pitch? I did sit in his office with my son and our experience was the exact opposite of high pressure.
There was an interview back a few years ago from the defensive back out of Omaha, Dickerson?, about how he felt pressured to commit, did commit, and then had doubts after returning home.
That's one instance that was made public.
Did your son play for Fleck?

I like making sure that we remain Tight End U and all........................

........but how's that WR recruiting coming? Gonna win the new Big Ten in 2025 with transfers from South Dakota and 2 star recruits from Gladbrook-Reinbeck and Clarinda?

That'll learn those 4 and 5 star recruits to start coming to Iowa so we can win a national f***ing championship.

There was an interview back a few years ago from the defensive back out of Omaha, Dickerson?, about how he felt pressured to commit, did commit, and then had doubts after returning home.
That's one instance that was made public.
Did your son play for Fleck?
That's fake news. "Had doubts after returning home" ? It was during covid and he only did a "virtual visit", then stayed committed to Minnesota for more than 9 months before signing with Oregon. Doesn't sound like a high pressure sales job to me. He also was offered by Oregon 4 months BEFORE he committed to Minnesota, so the narrative of taking a Gopher offer until a better one comes along (the one he signed) is debunked also. Oh, and he entered the transfer portal this past spring and hasn't found a new home yet.

Reactions: chuck285
That's fake news. "Had doubts after returning home" ? It was during covid and he only did a "virtual visit", then stayed committed to Minnesota for more than 9 months before signing with Oregon. Doesn't sound like a high pressure sales job to me. He also was offered by Oregon 4 months BEFORE he committed to Minnesota, so the narrative of taking a Gopher offer until a better one comes along (the one he signed) is debunked also. Oh, and he entered the transfer portal this past spring and hasn't found a new home yet.
What does his portal stance have to do with this discussion?

I get it...Gopher fans have settled for Fleck because Minnesota can't do any better.

But he's still a clown looking for a camera.

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT