ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

As Several have stated, his decommit was a blessing in disguise.

Like you probably, I am not surprised. Sometimes, young men, even those as talented as Gavin, may not fit at a school or just not be into it altogether. Wish the young man luck in his future endeavors...unless he wakes up to the amazing opportunity that he has there at PSU. I always thought he was an Okie State type...not necessarily Iowa or PSU.

And Teske moving back to Ames in 3.... 2....
Should this make us nervous about Howard? Not necessarily Teske, but having two losses at the lower weights for them. I know the feeling was pretty much Michigan or Iowa a while back, just curious.

Should this make us nervous about Howard? Not necessarily Teske, but having two losses at the lower weights for them. I know the feeling was pretty much Michigan or Iowa a while back, just curious.

I would say so. Just depends on what Howard values. But if PSU is in the mix, then it's always a serious threat.

No big deal if u guys land Howard
Well, everyone also really likes Teske. Teachable and hard-working on the mat and doing all the “right things”.

If you can’t shape up at an Iowa or Penn State with the role models around you, what are you going to do. You guys had that Skon guy a few years ago who bailed because he missed his cronies at home or something. What an idiotic life choice.

Well, everyone also really likes Teske. Teachable and hard-working on the mat and doing all the “right things”.

If you can’t shape up at an Iowa or Penn State with the role models around you, what are you going to do. You guys had that Skon guy a few years ago who bailed because he missed his cronies at home or something. What an idiotic life choice.

Maybe the kid wants to be a famous rapper... Cut him some slack for crying out loud!

Pretty much this. Want to shake a kid and wonder WTF. Only thing one can hope for is a moment of clarity that turns it all around. These kinds of chances do not come around that often.

BTW, RBY was in State College a week after he graduated doing work. Was Teske? Maybe some PSU guys know the answer. But then you guys know that Teske was always a guy that was going to need his redshirt year.

Reactions: lionlover and HKI

I am still baffled that Skon wasn't the next great one.

Pretty much this. Want to shake a kid and wonder WTF. Only thing one can hope for is a moment of clarity that turns it all around. These kinds of chances do not come around that often.

BTW, RBY was in State College a week after he graduated doing work. Was Teske? Maybe some PSU guys know the answer. But then you guys know that Teske was always a guy that was going to need his redshirt year.
Teske didn’t get out there until later in the summer. He has made significant gains already. I’m interested to see where he is at in some opens.

Found some recent talk from a PSU website:

"Third or fourth hand info, so take it for what it's worth, Gavin may not be an option this year. No reason given, but I hear (and I'm just a guy who heard a rumor), he won't be in the lineup this year..."

And then a response to the above:

"Unfortunately I have heard the same from a pretty reliable source. I don't want to share specifics. Hopefully Gavin can get it worked out and get in the lineup though because I feel he is the best option at 25 and can probably only make it this year"

Making “gains” on Teasdale wouldn’t be something I’d be reporting as evidence of improvement.
That’s what I’ve been told. I tend to think that 20 year olds don’t really get worse at wrestling, so if someone is kicking your butt and then they aren’t any more it is fairly likely that you’ve improved.

Reactions: nitlion6
Are you talking about Howard? If so, do you see the traits mentioned as negative or a potential problem dtr?

Yes, Howard... And it’s just an observation combined with some words from out east. I said some similar things about Sasso and was roasted for them.

I’ll be juiced to the gills if the staff lands Howard.. Just as I would’ve been had we landed Sasso. That’s why they coach D1 wrestling and I pour concrete and hammer nails.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT