ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me about Indiana

IU is unbeaten at Assembly Hall this year beating Ohio State ,Northwestern and Illinois by a combined 90 points. Obviously turnovers for IU are key. Which center gets in foul trouble first--your eye poker or our freshman? Assembly Hall will be very loud. Key for Iowa--stop the 3's ; for IU-can Johnson stop Jok. Who gets most 2nd chance points? I doubt Iowa's team is as arrogant as its basketball board. Iowa is better team but if IU makes 10 or less turnovers they will win in Bloomington.

IU may have blown out KenPom #74 Ohio State, KenPom #93 Northwestern, and KenPom #132 Illinois at home, but that is a lot different than playing KenPom #2 Iowa at home.

In contrast, Iowa has beaten KenPom #4 Michigan State and KenPom #17 Purdue by a combined 24 points on the road, and now will be facing KenPom #24 Indiana on the road.

That doesn't guarantee Iowa a victory, but Iowa's road wins against higher rated opponents than Indiana, I believe, is more relevant that Indiana's home blow out wins against scrubs.

IU may have blown out KenPom #74 Ohio State, KenPom #93 Northwestern, and KenPom #132 Illinois at home, but that is a lot different than playing KenPom #2 Iowa at home.

In contrast, Iowa has beaten KenPom #4 Michigan State and KenPom #17 Purdue by a combined 24 points on the road, and now will be facing KenPom #24 Indiana on the road.

That doesn't guarantee Iowa a victory, but Iowa's road wins against higher rated opponents than Indiana, I believe, is more relevant that Indiana's home blow out wins against scrubs.

The best 3 point D Indiana has faced was UNLV, ranked 85th. Iowa is ranked 7th. This should be interesting....

IU is unbeaten at Assembly Hall this year beating Ohio State ,Northwestern and Illinois by a combined 90 points. Obviously turnovers for IU are key. Which center gets in foul trouble first--your eye poker or our freshman? Assembly Hall will be very loud. Key for Iowa--stop the 3's ; for IU-can Johnson stop Jok. Who gets most 2nd chance points? I doubt Iowa's team is as arrogant as its basketball board. Iowa is better team but if IU makes 10 or less turnovers they will win in Bloomington.

You are the alma mater and home state of Steve Alford... And you are going to call Iowa arrogant? Do we need to mention Bob Knight? Get a clue.

I come in peace....

So, that said, IU likes to push the tempo. The problem with IU is that they've allowed teams that want to play grinder ball to do so; they've been unable to speed them up. I actually like IU's odds against Iowa more so than I do against some of their remaining opponents because, Iowa doesn't seem to mind playing at the same pace as IU.

Teams have been isolating a guy and sending him straight at Bryant. He' a great kid and he's going to be outrageously good but his defense is lets say... a work in progress right now. Go back and look at what Ehtan Happ and Nigel Hayes did to him. He's also had a propensity to pick up cheap, early fouls.

A big key to this game is Troy Williams. If Good Troy shows up, there aren't many teams in America who can match up with his length and his explosiveness. If his alter-ego shows up, Iowa can feast on the turnovers that result from some of the ill advised nonsense.

It's hard for me to call, It could be a close hard fought game, it could be a blowout, for either team. IU is consistently inconsistent.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
This is, at best, their 5th toughest road game of the season. They've performed pretty admirably at ISU, MSU, Purdue and Maryland. I'm pretty confident about this game

I don't think most fans expect that Iowa just has to "show up" and its game over. They have been successful on the road due in large to the businesslike approach that they have taken and they know that they can win in the road and expect to win on the road.

They will approach this game the same way they have every other game they have played this season. Guarantee they will fight and scrap and try to take the Hoosiers and their crowd out if the game as quickly as possible. That's how they have been successful on the road in the B10. I agree Indiana goes as Farrell goes but I think they have to figure out how they are going to try to match up with us and that's going to be a huge challenge for them.

I like our odds with Clemmons on Yogi the whole game

Shouldn't be a problem to beat Indiana. Would be a bad loss if that happened as they fell out of the rankings this week. If Iowa truly is a top 5 team it should be a walk in the park.

Recalling Bucky's recent victory there, the keys to a Hawk victory in Bloomington are to guard the perimeter and out-rebound the Hoosiers. Rebounding has not been a problem for the Hawks and the defense is vastly improved this year.
They love to jack up the threes but shot well below their 40% plus average that night as Zeisloft was 1-6 and Ferrell was 1-4. I will give the improving Wisconsin defense some credit for that. Solid defense frustrates them.
I was impressed with their freshman big whose name escapes me this morning. I haven't seen the line but the Hawks should be favored. Go Hawks.

The best 3 point D Indiana has faced was UNLV, ranked 85th. Iowa is ranked 7th. This should be interesting....

Good ones guys.

Good ones guys.
Recalling Bucky's recent victory there, the keys to a Hawk victory in Bloomington are to guard the perimeter and out-rebound the Hoosiers. Rebounding has not been a problem for the Hawks and the defense is vastly improved this year.
They love to jack up the threes but shot well below their 40% plus average that night as Zeisloft was 1-6 and Ferrell was 1-4. I will give the improving Wisconsin defense some credit for that. Solid defense frustrates them.
I was impressed with their freshman big whose name escapes me this morning. I haven't seen the line but the Hawks should be favored. Go Hawks.

The Hawks were out-rebounded and didn't defend as well as have been recently. Zone Indiana??
Never would have guessed that FTs would have been an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT