ADVERTISEMENT

Teske/Sasso/R. Jordan/Hidlay

I think once they sign that might be true but you better believe that Dresser wouldn't turn him away if he gave a verbal to Iowa.

Of course he wouldn't. He will recruit him hard up until he signs the LOI to be a hawk.

I like our odds of getting him but would feel much better if Suriano hadn't left.

Reactions: crablegs1
You, sir, need to read better. I never said I knew what Brands or Sanderson are selling. I just know what they have to sell.

Im not just guessing. I spoke with someone on Saturday who works at FDSH and asked Teske about it on Friday.
If you talked to Teske in person then there shouldn't be any, I heard or someone said bullshit. What did Teske tell you?

Everybody I have talked to said the Teske family is pretty tight about Brody's recruitment. I have heard people tell me they have talked to people tight with FD wrestling. Have heard Minnesota is ahead, another had PSU as a for sure and also Iowa State. Then hear he is a long time Hawk.

I don't think anybody really knows

I like the fact that Teske and family are staying tight lipped. Some kids really play up their recruitment and let their ego gain control and then all the name dropping and social media posts go on and on.... For the record, a RTC is technically a sanctioned USA Wrestling Club with set rules for inclusion etc. An RTC can't tell a kid he isn't welcome there if that kid meets all of the participation criteria (placings at certain tournaments, must live within 200 miles of the RTC as the crow flies... etc). My opinion is it would also be very bad pub for an RTC to handle a situation like that and would certainly not help future recruiting if that is how they handle things. I know kids that have committed elsewhere but have still gone to their region's RTC for practices.

Everybody I have talked to said the Teske family is pretty tight about Brody's recruitment. I have heard people tell me they have talked to people tight with FD wrestling. Have heard Minnesota is ahead, another had PSU as a for sure and also Iowa State. Then hear he is a long time Hawk.

I don't think anybody really knows
Even Brody does not know, so everything now is speculation. He is quietly weighing his options and is in no hurry. Brody is a humble young man, so I doubt you will hear too much about his recruitment on social media or elsewhere before he decides.

Even Brody does not know, so everything now is speculation. He is quietly weighing his options and is in no hurry. Brody is a humble young man, so I doubt you will hear too much about his recruitment on social media or elsewhere before he decides.
Do u know if he will be in IC sept 23rd?

Reactions: FD_HWC
Of course he wouldn't. He will recruit him hard up until he signs the LOI to be a hawk.

I like our odds of getting him but would feel much better if Suriano hadn't left.

Some on here have stated that money will be a big issue to Teske and his family. How much can PSU possibly have left, especially since out of state tuition could be an issue, at least for a year.

But then again, how much do we have with the last two classes we have signed? I could see ISU & the Rodents having a lot more money to offer.

Some on here have stated that money will be a big issue to Teske and his family. How much can PSU possibly have left, especially since out of state tuition could be an issue, at least for a year.

But then again, how much do we have with the last two classes we have signed? I could see ISU & the Rodents having a lot more money to offer.

Hard to know how much money each school has for recruits.

My guess is Iowa, ISU, and Minny are running low, while PSU has several pallets of cash available.

I like the fact that Teske and family are staying tight lipped. Some kids really play up their recruitment and let their ego gain control and then all the name dropping and social media posts go on and on.... For the record, a RTC is technically a sanctioned USA Wrestling Club with set rules for inclusion etc. An RTC can't tell a kid he isn't welcome there if that kid meets all of the participation criteria (placings at certain tournaments, must live within 200 miles of the RTC as the crow flies... etc). My opinion is it would also be very bad pub for an RTC to handle a situation like that and would certainly not help future recruiting if that is how they handle things. I know kids that have committed elsewhere but have still gone to their region's RTC for practices.
Having grown up with Brody's dad ... that is exactly the type of family they are ... reserved ... hard working ... and not seeking the spotlight ... (I still say in the end we see Brody in a black singlet) ... It's a Hawkeye family ... and I don't see Brody calling Happy Valley home for the next 4 years ... I think ISU RTC has been more of a convenience as Ames is a lot closer to Fort Dodge (50 minute drive if you are booking it) than Iowa City ... I think it's between ISU and Iowa ... with Iowa getting the nod ...

Reactions: TarpHawk and HawkMD

Some schools have gotten rather creative in getting around this problem.

Lots of crazy rumors flying around as of late. Teske is our best shot at the 4 listed. Sasso is fosu to lose, R. Jordan probably heading to fosu also, Hidlay is open to a lot of different teams, we are DEFINITELY in the hunt just he has a lot of options. Certain 184lber that has committed to possibly change his mind. Joe Kelly will probably come with little to no cost also.

Reactions: Knight563
Other names to keep a eye on for down the road:
Zeke Escalera(PA Frosh 106)
Cullan Schriever
Caleb Rathjen
Julian Tagg(0hio Soph 113)
Robert Howard(NJ Soph 120)
Jesse Vasquez(Ca Soph 126)
Julian Chlebove(Pa Jr. 132)
Julian Ramirez(NJ Jr. 182)

I believe that is true and everything else is hearsay.

Cullan Schriever
Caleb Rathjen
If you're going to put Chlebove on your "Hawkeyes watch list".... you may as well put every other elite wrestler out there on it as well.

Lots of crazy rumors flying around as of late. Teske is our best shot at the 4 listed. Sasso is fosu to lose, R. Jordan probably heading to fosu also, Hidlay is open to a lot of different teams, we are DEFINITELY in the hunt just he has a lot of options. Certain 184lber that has committed to possibly change his mind. Joe Kelly will probably come with little to no cost also.

Ryan Karoly? Jack Jessen?

Reactions: edquinn06
Tom Brands said in an interview with Todd Connor that the weekend of Sept 23rd will be Iowa's big recruiting weekend. I hope all of those guys and a few more will be in attendance. Also Sasso has a more realistic chance of wrestling 41 then Lugo.
Will there be an opportunity for each recruit to throw Tom? More importantly, will he have to talk them into doing so? That sounds like fun. ;)

Reactions: B1S3K3SC
Cullan Schriever
Caleb Rathjen

Chlebove is going to decommit???

I believe that is true and everything else is hearsay.

Do you really believe even Brody doesn't know where he wants to go? I don't believe a kid wakes up one day and it hits him that he wants to be a clown....

I am pretty sure a kid who has grown up in a Hawkeye family and is a Hawkeye fan truly would prefer to wrestle for the Hawks ( as long as money isn't an issue)

Do you really believe even Brody doesn't know where he wants to go? I don't believe a kid wakes up one day and it hits him that he wants to be a clown....

I am pretty sure a kid who has grown up in a Hawkeye family and is a Hawkeye fan truly would prefer to wrestle for the Hawks ( as long as money isn't an issue)

Then he should have committed already

Cullan Schriever
Caleb Rathjen
Ramirez will be 152/160 was 145 this year

Yes I do believe that kids and families put a lot of thought into this decision.

I think that you can dream your whole life of wrestling somewhere, then someone elite is recruted there and you realize it is a possibly you may ride the pine. Every case is different but some people are going to explore options they didn't expect. Mark Perry is the extreme example. So I think he could be conflicted on his choices right now. I still hope he wears black and gold!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT