ADVERTISEMENT

Teske/Sasso/R. Jordan/Hidlay

I believe they will have practice that morning.
In a tent
Then he should have committed already
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Did I mention I think you are wrong.

It's called leverage. Anything less than a full ride from a school and you play one program against others. That's if $$$ is the deciding factor.

Make your dream school aware of the competition. Pretty simple concept.

Reactions: snizhawk44
In a tent

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Did I mention I think you are wrong.

It's called leverage. Anything less than a full ride from a school and you play one program against others. That's if $$$ is the deciding factor.

Make your dream school aware of the competition. Pretty simple concept.

Thank you Mitch. You nailed it. I never once suggested that the kid or the parents never put thought into the decision as Spooner would suggest. But the heart wants to go where the heart wants to go.

Reactions: MitchL
Thank you Mitch. You nailed it. I never once suggested that the kid or the parents never put thought into the decision as Spooner would suggest. But the heart wants to go where the heart wants to go.
But sometimes where the heart wants to go already has the best high school wrestler of all time at your weight.

Officially or unofficially? Is his role different than Perry's? I was under the impression that Perry wasn't allowed to officially recruit for Iowa.

Metcalf is the volunteer coach at Iowa State and actually on the staff. This is different than Perry as Metcalf is allowed to travel with the team and sit in the corner for the athletes. Perry is only associated with the HWC.

Metcalf is not allowed to recruit on the road. As noted this is a paid camp/clinic.

Reactions: Mpchillin
Metcalf is the volunteer coach at Iowa State and actually on the staff. This is different than Perry as Metcalf is allowed to travel with the team and sit in the corner for the athletes. Perry is only associated with the HWC.

Metcalf is not allowed to recruit on the road. As noted this is a paid camp/clinic.

Thanks, was just wondering as to how the two roles were different.

Ohio State also have Mattox committed at same weight as Carr & Jordan

Last edited:
Ohio State also have Maddox committed at same weight as Carr & Jordan
Plus they have Hoffman and Heinselman already committed in that class. Sasso would be 49, Carr 57, Maddox 65, Jordan 74. Would be pretty impressive if they could pull off that class.

Metcalf will be back. He's making $ at ISU for a few years and then I feel he will make another run at 2020 training in IC.

Metcalf will be back. He's making $ at ISU for a few years and then I feel he will make another run at 2020 training in IC.

I really doubt that. He's making better money as a coach. He's already past his prime for competition and that won't change in 3 years. Our recent U.S. freestyle team is a good example of how wrestling is more of a young man's game than ever before.

Reactions: Jaybird319
giphy.gif

So if he is the volunteer coach at ISU, who is paying him $$$? Thought one of the reasons he left was alot of money? In the same light, can Perry be hired as a coach for a camp/clinic, wouldn't see why not?

So if he is the volunteer coach at ISU, who is paying him $$$? Thought one of the reasons he left was alot of money? In the same light, can Perry be hired as a coach for a camp/clinic, wouldn't see why not?

He's also the head coach of their freestyle club...he's getting paid out of that pit of money.

Plus they have Hoffman and Heinselman already committed in that class. Sasso would be 49, Carr 57, Maddox 65, Jordan 74. Would be pretty impressive if they could pull off that class.
That would mean Kaleb Romero would have to go 184 which is hardly ideal imo. Sure it looks good on paper but not sure how they could afford all those kids money wise.

That would mean Kaleb Romero would have to go 184 which is hardly ideal imo. Sure it looks good on paper but not sure how they could afford all those kids money wise.
After a his RS and a year at 74 that's what I fully expect when Martain graduates. If there is one team that doesn't have a problem getting kids bodies fully ready to move up a weight it's tOSU.

If it is between M* and Metcalf, it is Brent all day, every day.

As a college or international wrestler? Yes. As a possible name kids are attracted to? Sure. As the guy who is out beating the bushes, connecting with kids, engaging personality, etc., etc.? I'm not sure the last one falls in Brent's favor. I think he is TNT with much less personality. It's not a knock on him. Not all guys are built to be the front line recruiting (sales) and others are. I see Brent as more of an account manager type. Once the kids in the room I'm sure he will be good with them, but I don't see him winning a ton of recruiting battles. The next few years can prove me wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT