ADVERTISEMENT

Teske

It would if I thought he could beat our guys.

And my point is that we don't know who "our guys" will be 1-2 years after Lee/DeSanto are gone. Not that I'm worried about it, but it has the potential to matter quite a bit for a couple of seasons. I wouldn't trade DeSanto for him or anything. Here's to following up Lee/DeSanto with some bigger horses than Teske.

Reactions: el dub
And my point is that we don't know who "our guys" will be 1-2 years after Lee/DeSanto are gone. Not that I'm worried about it, but it has the potential to matter quite a bit for a couple of seasons. I wouldn't trade DeSanto for him or anything. Here's to following up Lee/DeSanto with some bigger horses than Teske.
Lets just say I'm hopeful that will be the end result.

Psu will have a log jam 125-149 and some high caliber recruits will be riding the pine. There recruiting prowess will take a hit when this happens. Its has already showed its ugly head with 197 this year and it will get worse. And I cant wait
You talking about Hoffman? Would have been difficult for PSU to take both Beard and Hoffman in the same class. Both guys should be pretty good. But not clear what is ugly about that.

And PSU has missed out on plenty of good recruits over the years - Kyle Snyder, Miles Martin, Keshawn Hayes, Bo Jordan, Spencer Lee, Daton Fix, Travis Whitlake, Kurt McHenry come to mind immediately, and I'm sure there are more. All these guys were recruited by PSU but went elsewhere. So it's not clear what you'll be waiting for.

Last edited:
Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I would prefer he not get released and free up money for another blue chip recruit. Let Teske burn the scholarship and sit on the bench for all I care. He will still have a degree for PSU so it’s hard to feel too badly.
Huh?

You're quite the happy dude.

Must've never changed your mind about anything important when you were a teenager.

And PSU has missed out on plenty of good recruits over the years - Kyle Snyder, Miles Martin, Keshawn Hayes, Bo Jordan, Spencer Lee, Daton Fix, Travis Whitlake, Kurt McHenry come to mind immediately, and I'm sure there are more. All these guys were recruited by PSU but went elsewhere. So it's not clear what you'll be waiting for.

yes, the 79 other d1 programs combined have managed top pull in several of the elite HS recruits, so PSU didn't get them all.... good point

ISU fans would "cream their jeans" if BT somehow ended up in Ames. There's a good reason he's not in Iowa City. He won't make it to the third period against SL.

Spencer Lee is like BOAGRIUS: He has this effect on MANY heros!

I believe we might see Teasdale start this year at 125, then head up to 133 later on, with Teske redshirting this season and starting out next season at 125. Busiello coming on board also...

The battle this season at 125 is for #2, and it's wide open if Fix doesn't go 125. Even if Fix goes 125, the battle then is for #3, and THAT will be wide open. Picc is not an automatic #2 on the podium in my view.

I believe we might see Teasdale start this year at 125, then head up to 133 later on, with Teske redshirting this season and starting out next season at 125. Busiello coming on board also...

The battle this season at 125 is for #2, and it's wide open if Fix doesn't go 125. Even if Fix goes 125, the battle then is for #3, and THAT will be wide open. Picc is not an automatic #2 on the podium in my view.
Regarding Picc... I won't be surprised if he doesn't AA at 125 or 133.

Regarding Picc... I won't be surprised if he doesn't AA at 125 or 133.

I would at 125...ran into Lee and Lizak in Rd of 12. I think getting dominated by Lee really got to him at the tourney...2nd time a Hawk made him count the lights at the NCAAs. Weight was loaded and will clear out next year. 133, we agree.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I would prefer he not get released and free up money for another blue chip recruit. Let Teske burn the scholarship and sit on the bench for all I care. He will still have a degree for PSU so it’s hard to feel too badly.
Can you tell me how much scholarship money he is getting? Or is he on a work release program with the PS wrestling club?

Reactions: lionlover
Stop calling people out on a message board. You’re a nobody. Shut your ignorant ass up and just read and move on, goofball. Get a life, message boards take all types. Even your weird ass.
Hypocrisy at its finest lmao! At very least ironic

I would like to say Teske but think Gavin. Not sure the relative size. It was my understanding Gavin was going 33 and Teske was a 25 lifer. I just love how ISU fans thought Teske may go there and what a huge victory over Iowa that would be when we have a true frosh at 25 who won the NCAA’s. I would love Teske but to think he was a huge priority is just dumb. For the next 3 years we have Lee and Austin. Not a math major, but if Teske went to Iowa he would redshirt and sit behind Lee for 2 more years after. And there still would be no guarantees he would start. Just love another kick to ISU nuts who thought Teske was transferring there. They went all in on Teske and still couldn’t get him. Yeah that storm is brewing. I think a light drizzle outside of a legacy in Carr.

Reactions: Chuck C
I think Gavin has far too much f*** with the sport he does for Brody to pose much of a challenge. Just way too much f*** to overcome.

Reactions: Dagboi
Not sure I understand all the fascination with Teske. Sure, he is one of the best HS Iowa wrestlers this year, but we have a 125 and 133 (AD) who would tech fall him all day, every day. He may be good room fodder, but to think he would break into our lineup is just folly and not worthy of scholarship money (scholarship money IS limited at Iowa).

Reactions: acuhawk
Not sure I understand all the fascination with Teske. Sure, he is one of the best HS Iowa wrestlers this year, but we have a 125 and 133 (AD) who would tech fall him all day, every day. He may be good room fodder, but to think he would break into our lineup is just folly and not worthy of scholarship money (scholarship money IS limited at Iowa).

Probably because he's a top 30 recruit and he looks to have 2 years of eligibility after Lee and Desanto are gone. Pretty bold to say he won't be in our lineup when there's no one even committed to follow those two at this point.

Jack - I agree. I think the fodder is because he is an Iowan. And a stud. But I also think it was because the ISU fans posited ISU against Iowa to get him as a huge win. Which really shows how bad ISU is. He was never starting for Iowa for at least a couple years and then went to PSU with a bunch of studs. ISU went all in for him and couldn’t get him. Besides Carr who is a legacy can they get anybody?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT