ADVERTISEMENT

Texas woman asks judge to let her terminate pregnancy after lethal fetal diagnosis

Why would I admit to being something I am not?

Or is that another one of your lame passive-aggressive attempts at a put down?

How are you not an atheist?

You'd probably melt if you entered a church. :)

Last edited:
Man, you are one stupid SOB. And vile.

My wife was not responsible for her miscarriage you cretin. Religion sure make a lot of people behave horribly.
I never said she was personally responsible. I'm actually really sorry for your loss pothumous.
My point was that because we are imperfect accidents happen, we deal with sickness and disease because of it, and sorrows like miscarriages happen. But to blame God is wrong. He doesn't plan suffering on humans. He doesn't want anyone to feel pain or sorrow. We have those things because of the human condition.

Okay. God only gets credit for all the successful births, right?
people may thank God for a new life yes.
all life is precious IMO.
But to think God would make people suffer on purpose is ridiculous. It goes against everything God stands for and dishonors him as the originator of life.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
I’ve read some completely fvcked up things on this board, but this may be the most fvcked up take I’ve seen. Congrats on being a complete fvcking loser. Thanks for sharing.
So tell me which part of that doesn't make sense?

I never said she was personally responsible. I'm actually really sorry for your loss pothumous.
My point was that because we are imperfect accidents happen, we deal with sickness and disease because of it, and sorrows like miscarriages happen. But to blame God is wrong. He doesn't plan suffering on humans. He doesn't want anyone to feel pain or sorrow. We have those things because of the human condition.
Have you read the Old Testament?

Reactions: hawkifann
Have you read the Old Testament?
yes. And I'm fully aware that the Israelites waged war with surrounding nations.
Those nations were in opposition to God and followed pagan Gods and practiced things that God hates.
Human sacrifice, immoral conduct etc...

yes. And I'm fully aware that the Israelites waged war with surrounding nations.
Those nations were in opposition to God and followed pagan Gods and practiced things that God hates.
Human sacrifice, immoral conduct etc...
Okay. Do you also believe Jesus went to heaven in 1914?

Okay. Do you also believe Jesus went to heaven in 1914?
No.
Now if you want to have a discussion on whether or not the last days of this system began in 1914 then I'm willing to do so. Jesus ascended to heaven shortly after his resurrection in 33CE

No.
Now if you want to have a discussion on whether or not the last days of this system began in 1914 then I'm willing to do so. Jesus ascended to heaven shortly after his resurrection in 33CE
My bad. I forgot. Jesus began to rule Heaven in 1914 and the end of the world is near. Do you honestly expect people to take that seriously? I don't want to make fun of your religion but it's not normal.

This explains it.

It doesn't. The life of the mother is not in immediate danger in this case.

If you want to extend this to the mother's life being in danger in any pregnancy (it is) and therefore it should be her choice whether to have an abortion, then we agree. But that is not what the catholic church advocates and you know it.

But to think God would make people suffer on purpose is ridiculous. It goes against everything God stands for and dishonors him as the originator of life.
If god is all powerful why does he/she allow suffering?

You can't have it both ways.

It doesn't. The life of the mother is not in immediate danger in this case.

If you want to extend this to the mother's life being in danger in any pregnancy (it is) and therefore it should be her choice whether to have an abortion, then we agree. But that is not what the catholic church advocates and you know it.

It's always her choice.

Humans have free will.

Last edited:
If god is all powerful why does he/she allow suffering?

You can't have it both ways.

A few reasons:

1.) Suffering is necessary for growth. I've had bad years in the past. Real bad. It makes me appreciate what I have now.

2.) Humans use their own free will to cause suffering. Think about atheists like Stalin, Hitler and Trump.

3.) All suffering in this life is finite. Eternity is infinite. God can make up for our sufferings with an eternity of bliss.

Last edited:
It's always her choice.

Humans have free will.
Now were at the semantics portion of your lame responses. Sigh.

If you want to extend this to the mother's life being in danger in any pregnancy (it is) and therefore it should be her choice whether to have an abortion, without repercussion from the government, then we agree. But that is not what the catholic church advocates and you know it.

Now were at the semantics portion of your lame responses. Sigh.

If you want to extend this to the mother's life being in danger in any pregnancy (it is) and therefore it should be her choice whether to have an abortion, without repercussion from the government, then we agree. But that is not what the catholic church advocates and you know it.

FYI, I just emailed a theology teacher I know about this and here's his response:

BrianNole: "All abortions are mortal sins, but is the mortal sin or penance different if the abortion is done to save the life of the Mother?

Has she committed a lesser mortal sin to save her life rather than if she chose abortion for birth control?"

Theology teacher: "Probably. All other things being equal."

A few reasons:

1.) Suffering is necessary for growth. I've had bad years in the past. Real bad. It makes me appreciate what I have now.

2.) Humans use their own free will to cause suffering. Think about atheists like Stalin, Hitler and Trump.

3.) All suffering in this life is finite. Eternity is infinite. God can make up for our sufferings with an eternity of bliss.
Wow - this is complete bullshit.

What "growth" does it provide for a baby to suffer enduring pain before death?

What "free will" did a baby exhibit to cause their own suffering?

Why is there a need "to make up for our sufferings" if god is all knowing and powerful? Why doesn't he/she get it right in the first place?

FYI, I just emailed a theology teacher I know about this and here's his response:

BrianNole: "All abortions are mortal sins, but is the mortal sin or penance different if the abortion is done to save the life of the Mother?

Has she committed a lesser mortal sin to save her life rather than if she chose abortion for birth control?"

Theology teacher: "Probably. All other things being equal."
"Probably". LOL

Reactions: hawkbirch
Wow - this is complete bullshit.

What "growth" does it provide for a baby to suffer enduring pain before death?

What "free will" did a baby exhibit to cause their own suffering?

Why is there a need "to make up for our sufferings" if god is all knowing and powerful? Why doesn't he/she get it right in the first place?

A babies suffering isn't for growth.

But, if a baby dies and gets an eternity of bliss, that more than makes up for the suffering it endures in this fleeting life.

Some suffering is a mystery. We see darkly on this side of eternity.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
Aren't you Catholic, Runk??

Abortion is a big no-no for us. Mortal sin territory. We're all waiting to die at this point.

BTW, tonight is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I'm going soon. :)

Masstimes.org

Here’s the thing tho, we shouldn’t be creating legislation based on the beliefs of one religion. There are many religions that don’t share that belief, not to mention many who don’t espouse a particular religion at all.

OK.

Do you think abortion is killing?

Once the fetus becomes viable, yes, with the caveat of medical exceptions like the woman this thread is about.

This is the part that always confused me, and I’m someone who went thru catholic school k-12. You said it’s ridiculous that god would make people suffer on purpose. Yet aren’t we often saying that god has a plan for all of us? Wouldn’t that then imply that god does also plan for us to suffer at times in our lives?

A babies suffering isn't for growth.

But, if a baby dies and gets an eternity of bliss, that more than makes up for the suffering it endures in this fleeting life.

Some suffering is a mystery. We see darkly on this side of eternity.
So some suffering is unnecessary yet god allows it.

If an aborted "life" gets the wonders of eternity in heaven why is that not a great thing for that "life"?

Why won't you answer questions posed to you previously?

So some suffering is unnecessary yet god allows it.

If an aborted "life" gets the wonders of eternity in heaven why is that not a great thing for that "life"?

Why won't you answer questions posed to you previously?

Because the fetus still dies violently and the killer is killing it.

What questions do you want answered?

Obviously. But it doesn't prevent you from having an opinion or answering a question.

Face it - those questions put you on the spot and you can't handle answering them.

I don't have opinions on everything either.

I know life begins at conception because of science and abortion is killing.

Because the fetus still dies violently and the killer is killing it.

What questions do you want answered?
But according to you that is suffering that is "made up for" by eternal bliss. Why isn't that a great trade-off for that "life"?

Start with the ones you avoided first.

Does life occur at conception? If so, what do you feel about the other issues that are related? Death of a baby while she is pregnant? Taxes? Etc. Should the state treat a woman who is pregnant as someone who actually has a baby?

I believe that a fetus is not a baby until birth, but the state should have a say on abortion restrictions at some point. Viability as an option.

My bad. I forgot. Jesus began to rule Heaven in 1914 and the end of the world is near. Do you honestly expect people to take that seriously? I don't want to make fun of your religion but it's not normal.
It’s ok . I’m used to the skeptics.
Hard to dismiss the evidence we see around us in this world but yeah I understand how that belief seems to be difficult for some to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT