ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

Chicago seems to have a lot of turmoil in their locker room and it’s kind of difficult to gauge Reese’s impact on the team’s overall success because there has been so much turnover from last year. They brought in a new coach, traded Kahleah Copper to Phoenix, drafted Cardoso and Reese, signed Chennedy Carter, who had basically been exiled from the league for a year, and now they have traded Marina Mabrey. And it sounds like Dana Evans wants out as well.
Maybe Reese is a poor teammate....(who knows?)

Cardoso always seemed to be a level-headed player at SC so would not expect her to be a chaos agent in the locker room.

Not really a comparison - you may have read it as a comparison. I listed a tweet that listed the accomplishment of Clark along side of Magic, Isaiah, and Oscar. It's just a data point to show how her numbers are compiling during her rookie season. No one is saying she is Magic Johnson - although she is better than Reggie Theus and Michael Ray Richardson! Can we agree on that? :)

Did you know that Magic Johnson didn't lead the 79-80 Lakers in assists (total or average per game)? That would be ... Norm Nixon. Yet, Magic still managed to lead that Lakers team in turnovers (total and average per game)! Magic also didn't lead the Lakers in PER ... that would have been ... Kareem!

And, yes, Magic had a better start to his career than CC numbers wise. Might have something to do with playing with Kareem, Nixon, and Jamaal Wilkes. And yes, Magic had a large part of that team winning the title - Finals MVP, but not ROY - that was Larry Bird.

And, you may be surprised about this - I have never once mentioned that Clark should (or should not) have been on the Olympic Team this year. The first player who should have been considered as a replacement for anyone on the roster should have been Arike Ogunbowale.

That's....a comparison.

I posted Magic's performance numbers for his rookie year; they are impressive, and better than Clark's early on.
Agree on Arike; probably one or two others who also should have/could have been on that list before Clark.

Huge win for the Fever tonight over the Dream to bolster their playoff position. They’re now 14-16 with 10 games remaining. The Dream are 10-19 with 11 games remaining. The Fever are 3-0 against the Dream and have clinched the season series and potential tie-breaker. So any combination of 7 Fever wins or Dream losses puts Indiana in the playoffs.

Clark went 19/7/7 and also had 2 steals, a block, and just 2 turnovers. She had a bit of a scare when she rolled her ankle 7 minutes into the game and had to sit out the rest of the first quarter.
Yeah...depending on how that ankle is, she may be a step slower for Wed's game.

Played through that well which is not easy.

Maybe Reese is a poor teammate....(who knows?)

Cardoso always seemed to be a level-headed player at SC so would not expect her to be a chaos agent in the locker room.
Reese is a good teammate? 🤣 Also, did you watch Cardoso play at SC? Specifically, when she clobbered some gal?

Not sure why, since I was just listing the tweet with the accomplishment and not really arguing any side, but I checked.

Magic was 3rd in the league in total turnovers his rookie year (behind such luminaries as Michael Ray Richardson and Reggie Theus! :) ). He averaged 4.0 TO per game in 79-80 (and 3.9 per game in his career).
Isaiah Thomas tied for the league lead in turnovers his rookie year. He averaged 4.2 TO per game in 81-82 (and 3.8 per game in his career).
Oscar - they didn't keep track of turnovers back then.

Caitlin is averaging 5.6 TO per game so far.
Luka, LeBron, Devin Booker, Russell Westbrook…. all guys that have averaged 4 TO’s per game for a season, or multiple seasons.

You never heard jack shit about it.

People who cling to CC’s TO’s are doing so because they have extreme confirmation bias and know they’re losing the argument.

TO’s matter if you’re a fringe bench player fighting for playing time. Not if you’re absolutely stuffing the stat sheet as one of the best players in the league.

Luka, LeBron, Devin Booker, Russell Westbrook…. all guys that have averaged 4 TO’s per game for a season, or multiple seasons.
Weird

I look up Devin Booker's career stats, and he averages 3 TO/gm
5 Assists/gm

For a 1.67:1 ratio. Not great, but much better than CC's 1:1 ratio in the early season before the Olympic selections were made.

Not really helping your case here. (and looking at one of his recent season GameScore lines, and they're likely >20 for the season if I averaged them up)

Weird

I look up Devin Booker's career stats, and he averages 3 TO/gm
5 Assists/gm

For a 1.67:1 ratio. Not great, but much better than CC's 1:1 ratio in the early season before the Olympic selections were made.

Not really helping your case here. (and looking at one of his recent season GameScore lines, and they're likely >20 for the season if I averaged them up)
FOR A SEASON OR MULTIPLE SEASONS.

My goodness, man.

FOR A SEASON OR MULTIPLE SEASONS.

MOST of his seasons are below, Cletus

Career Assist/TO ratio is 1.67
Not 1:1

Again: the comparison here is CC's early WNBA stats not being "good enough" for an Olympic nod.
The statistics bear that out, pretty clearly, against actual Olympians and their statistics in the years they were on the team.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk and Bro D
MOST of his seasons are below, Cletus

Career Assist/TO ratio is 1.67
Not 1:1

Again: the comparison here is CC's early WNBA stats not being "good enough" for an Olympic nod.
The statistics bear that out, pretty clearly, against actual Olympians and their statistics in the years they were on the team.
LOL.

Your failure to read and comprehend earns me a “Cletus”. Badge of Honor!

And CC isn’t 1:1, it’s 1.5:1

I’m sure that was an unintentional oversight on your part, sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT