ADVERTISEMENT

The Elon Musk Twitter shitshow

Honest question but did you all hate Elon before he bought Twitter?
Or does your hate directly correlate with the corporate media telling you to hate him?

It was the illegal union busting, creating/allowing racially hostile work environments, sexually harassing flight attendants, and being openly transphobic even though he has a trans child that caused me to hate him.

Honest question but did you all hate Elon before he bought Twitter?
Or does your hate directly correlate with the corporate media telling you to hate him?

No. Yes. For a majority of them.

They read salacious deceitful headlines, they don’t question them. They read stories with anonymous sources. They don’t question the source or the author or the publication itself for conflicts of interests.

That would take work.

That would cause one to suspend belief first without accepting something as true. Ain’t no body got time for dat!

Twitter has been really pushing right wing propaganda today. More than usual. The trial must not be going very well for Trump.
Interesting. Are you on X (formerly known as Twitter)?

Chis apparently has no use for Musk, but offers a ton of financial support to Musk.

No. Yes. For a majority of them.

They read salacious deceitful headlines, they don’t question them. They read stories with anonymous sources. They don’t question the source or the author or the publication itself for conflicts of interests.

That would take work.

That would cause one to suspend belief first without accepting something as true. Ain’t no body got time for dat!
I liked what the guy did in business.

The pedo allegation in Thailand was the first wtf moment for me. Very Trumpy. Thought he was pretty much a rich asshole after that but no strong feelings either way.

Them he got forced into buying Twitter and turned into this Tucker Carlson-on-steroids type troll and went off the deep end with this anti-woke nonsense. He’s an asshole and revels in being a troll, which is the worst combination.

The pedo allegation in Thailand was the first wtf moment for me. Very Trumpy. Thought he was pretty much a rich asshole after that but no strong feelings either way.

Them he got forced into buying Twitter and turned into this Tucker Carlson-on-steroids type troll and went off the deep end with this anti-woke nonsense. He’s an asshole and revels in being a troll, which is the worst combination.

I know it is much easier for most people to label and hate someone for some supposed reason than seeing human beings as flawed and having varying traits.

Any thoughts on his environment efforts or his free speech efforts?

Is there a bigger free speech influence on Earth today? This is a basic fundamental Western Civilization, democratic value.

The pedo allegation in Thailand was the first wtf moment for me. Very Trumpy.

Also, what do you think of the british diver that unprovoked told Musk to shove his sub idea up his own ass? (which prompted Elon’s reply). It was completely uncalled for and publicly stated to the newspapers.

That guy is a jackass right?

Interesting. Are you on X (formerly known as Twitter)?

Chis apparently has no use for Musk, but offers a ton of financial support to Musk.
It's still the best way to get updates on sports news, especially Iowa stuff. Unfortunately now it keeps getting filled with political bullshit. Prior to Musk I was able to block most of it out, but now it doesn't matter how much I block, it keeps getting into my feed. I rarely actually post anything though.

I come here for my dose of political bullshit.

I know it is much easier for most people to label and hate someone for some supposed reason than seeing human beings as flawed and having varying traits.

Any thoughts on his environment efforts or his free speech efforts?

Is there a bigger free speech influence on Earth today? This is a basic fundamental Western Civilization, democratic value.
Nope. Can’t stand the guy and will never be able to root for him. That’s the price you pay when you put your asshole behavior out for public consumption.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides

“Think about pre-Musk Twitter.

If you strayed from the outrageous lies and saccharine platitudes about gender and race and crime and immigration by tweeting government statistics and peer-reviewed scientific studies, you got a notice from the site saying you had engaged in "hate speech" and then you got suspended or banned.

So there you were, tweeting the best and most reliable data available, from unimpeachable sources, and you were essentially being called a bad person. You knew your data were accurate, and they knew your data were accurate. None of that mattered.

But it's not just that data and scientific information were being suppressed, the site's algo was actively pushing the most astonishing evidence-free and easy-to-refute misinformation across the platform about topics like race and crime, and there was nothing you could do about it because if you attempted to refute any of it swarms of hall monitors would report you to Twitter's "safety" bureaucrats.

Eventually, you just gave up. I did, and maybe you did, too. "Powerless" doesn't even begin to describe how a lot of us felt.”

Yes, i believe it is. Asking active X users whether they are happy with X?

Do you think ex-X users might drag down the 83% positive rating?

It’s like one of those dumb Trump campaign surveys.

Who else are you going to ask?

95% of Twitter users have stuck around or come back to the site/app.

It is the best communications platform in the world.

Do I think ex-X users would bring it down? Possibly, but if they came back and had a better experience, because bots are down, hate speech is near non existent, and trending issues are easy to follow. They might vote yes anyways. You don’t know for sure.

“Think about pre-Musk Twitter.

If you strayed from the outrageous lies and saccharine platitudes about gender and race and crime and immigration by tweeting government statistics and peer-reviewed scientific studies, you got a notice from the site saying you had engaged in "hate speech" and then you got suspended or banned.

So there you were, tweeting the best and most reliable data available, from unimpeachable sources, and you were essentially being called a bad person. You knew your data were accurate, and they knew your data were accurate. None of that mattered.

But it's not just that data and scientific information were being suppressed, the site's algo was actively pushing the most astonishing evidence-free and easy-to-refute misinformation across the platform about topics like race and crime, and there was nothing you could do about it because if you attempted to refute any of it swarms of hall monitors would report you to Twitter's "safety" bureaucrats.

Eventually, you just gave up. I did, and maybe you did, too. "Powerless" doesn't even begin to describe how a lot of us felt.”

No; the purpose of propaganda is to destroy consensus and create confusion.
To misinform people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT