ADVERTISEMENT

The New WBB Recruiting Thread

2018 Abby Prohaska- Lakota West HS

Prohaska was one of the most steady players throughout the weekend. This lefty combo guard is a natural leader on and off the court. She was able to knock down some three balls off the catch and was able to get to the second level for her excellent pull up jumper in the mid range. Abby is a blue collar guard who does the little things that teams need to win.
2019 Zoe Young- Valley HS

The USA U17 trials is a great opportunity for young prospects to square off against older players and display their abilities. Young was 2019 prospect who displayed her basketball IQ to lead a team plus her ability to knock down the three throughout the trials.

Elite Camp is today and tomorrow. They should be hosting some top targets.

I fixed the Link. Arieal is a 5-9 Guard for 2018 that has visited and has an offer.
Blue Star says:
“We have her as a top 100 player in the country in Blue Star,” Mennig said. “She’s probably the best pure shooter, at least during my time in this region, that we’ve seen in a couple of decades. She’s got obviously the talent to handle the ball as well and be able to create her own shot.

“But her leadership abilities are something that separate her from kids her age,” Mennig said.

Scott, who averaged 19.1 points last season and drained 67 three-pointers before winning the Class 1A three-point shooting competition at the state tournament in late February, will step into a much different team than the one she left at Schlarman. The Hilltoppers won a Class 1A sectional last season and finished 27-3.
She could be another Melissa Dixon in Iowa's system. She set the Illinois State Tournament record for 3ptrs in a game as a FR.
CkgZWVuWYAAV24f.jpg

Last edited:
Any news if any new offers after Iowa's WBB elite camp? Thanks in advance. Go Hawks !!

Prospect Nation latest rankings for 2017
Taylor Kissinger 6/1 F #52
Destiny Pitts 5-10 W #55
Deja Church 5-10 W #58
Jinaya Houston 6-1 W #67
Bailey Helgren 6-5 P #88

Caitlin Clark 5-10 PG 2020 All Iowa Attack 15. Skilled confident NBA 3 point range,a great passer makes good decisions. Major D1.
Des Moines Dowling.
DSC_7882-e1432585852705-224x300.jpg

Last edited:
Some assessments from Minneapolis by Mark Lewis of blue Star....

Grace Berg – 2018 – Wing / Forward – All Iowa Attack

Berg has lots of versatility in her game that will cause defenders plenty of headaches. Playing with unending effort, she’s a threat from the perimeter but has the size and strength to mix things up inside to a degree. On the catch she can knock it down with range, but off the dribble she’s just as effective and has a reliable floater to call upon. From the elbows she’s a solid passer and chalked up her own fair share of assists with strong reads. Berg gets out and runs the floor and makes herself a factor in numbers situations. Even more attractive is her willingness to play physical when called for.
Caitlin Clark – 2020 – Combo – All Iowa Attack

One of the more impressive efforts over the weekend was that of 2020 guard Caitlin Clark. Young, skilled and playing with confidence, she’s brings to mind thoughts of a younger Sabrina Ionescu. She has a tremendous understanding of the game and applies it with an assertive approach to her play. Off the dribble she’s seeing the floor and is quick to give it up off the drive as options for teammates develop. She keeps defenders guessing mixing both speed and direction in transition or the halfcourt. Clark can handle contact in traffic and plays both ends of the floor with an edge to her attitude. Major promise.

Taylor Kissinger – 2017 – Guard – All Iowa Attack

We’ve seen Taylor Kissinger have good days and we’ve seen her have difficult ones. Though All Iowa fell short on a cold night in the semis there appears to be some real maturity coming to her game entering her final club summer. Already recognized as an elite perimeter threat, she appears to be mixing her game up more and challenging defenders with more variety in her attack. Kissinger doesn’t settle as often and looking to get to the rim more. At the same time she’s more active without the ball and forcing opponents to defend the entire possession whether she’s an option or not. We also saw what looks to be a more focused effort on the glass which will always keep a smile on any coach’s face. Zoe Young – 2019 – Point Guard – North Tartan
Zoe Young continues to remind folks why she’s among the elite in the strong 2019 class. Few players her age have the capacity to create off the dribble in as many ways as Young does. Her wide crossover draws defenders up tight and quickly makes them pay if they’re foolish enough to bite. She’ll improve passing lanes with her ballhandling but can fire a quick pass off the dribble with pinpoint control before opponents can react. She mixes up her attack rising up herself and almost lulling defenders into relaxing before she explodes by them. While she can and does connect from the perimeter, her shot is still a ways from being “text book”. The forward motion makes it tough to get off contested and the two handed release impedes consistency. At the same time her pull up has a much more refined and efficient look to it.

i would like to hear any news.If I hear anything I will post it in the other thread 16-17 preseason. Normally we would be seeing them in person at GTL by now , but due to the mess-up, that won't be until July.

i would like to hear any news.If I hear anything I will post it in the other thread 16-17 preseason. Normally we would be seeing them in person at GTL by now , but due to the mess-up, that won't be until July.
How do I get to that one? Thanks for all you do

Here is the text from the article where UConn and Stanford are mentioned with Breanna's quotes in bold. The article does say that she has admired them for a long time, but it doesn't quote her saying that they are two of her top choices. I think Iowa still has a chance for her and I am not giving up hope yet. :rolleyes:

Beal, who has about 25 offers, said she has long admired Connecticut and Stanford, for different reasons.
"Everyone is amazed at Connecticut," said Beal, adding that the Huskies have not contacted her. "They win championship after championship, and I have rooted for them each time." Beal said Stanford has contacted her father, and she lists that school as the type of program she wants -- high academic standards combined with athletic excellence. "Whether I go there or not, I want to have my (GPA) be good enough for Stanford," said Beal, who has a 3.7.

Well, I sure hope it's the writer that put words into her mouth! As, the caption of the photo is "Sophomore-to-be Breanna Beal says Connecticut and Stanford are two of her top choices right now".

Strange, my mobile browser did not display the caption, but I see it on my desktop. Anyway, it is a paraphrase and who knows just exactly what she did say. The article also says that UConn has not even contacted her, and presumably neither has offered yet. Although it is very possible that they both will offer eventually, I would like to think that Iowa is also one of her top choices. Let's hope.

Iowa may have a few things going for them. First to offer her a scholarship in the 6th grade is memorable, she wants to possibly study business or medicine, although she doesn't mention it location (if she wants to stay close to home), & I'm sure she knows Jinaya being from the same area so it might be of some help. Always great to see Iowa involved with the nations best.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Can someone steer her interest into speech pathology or audiology? She can still become a doctor, and study in the #1 or #2 ranked department in the country:)

Iowa has a very good business college, as well as being the biggest teaching hospital in the U.S.

Reactions: ozzyrulz
Jayde vanHyfte , 6-1 F, has committed to Arizona State over Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana. She had visited Iowa. Tore her ACL last season.

Abby Prohaska and team USA U17 took the Bronze over China. They lost in the semis to Australia.

Coaches are out on the trail. July open evaluation from July 6-12. Then another open period from July 23-29.

Iowa Attack Notch A Win Against Tree Of Hope

Madison Treece & Jinaya Houston did not play as they did in April. Grace Berg did not play in April. AIA plays NJ Sparks next at 5:00pm EST.

AIA Season Stats

Last edited:
Reactions: BDinIC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT