ADVERTISEMENT

** The Official FSU @ SMU Gameday Thread **

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
The storm-distracted Noles visit Dallas to take on the Mustangs in the first-ever meeting between these two teams. 8:00 p.m. eastern time on ACCN.

FSU did not leave Tallahassee before Helene arrived, and instead opted to fly to Dallas on Friday. 😒

FSU has scored 13, 12 and 14 points the last three games. FSU hasn't accumulated more than 300 yards in seven straight games. On the flip side, SMU is 16th in the FBS in scoring at 42.3 points per game. And the Mustangs are 10-1 in their last 11 home games.

Oh, and SMU's Defensive Coordinator, Scott Symons, was on Norvell's Memphis staff in 2018.

On the bright side, the Seminoles have 13 sacks on the season which ranks seventh in the FBS.

If FSU can avoid getting into a shootout, the Seminoles might have a chance.

GO NOLES!

Reactions: noleclone2
FSU's defense gave up 263 rushing yards to Boston College, but only 172 yards combined in the last two games. Which FSU run defense shows up tonight?

Last edited:
FSU has completed four touchdown drives over the course of the last 16 quarters.

SMU hung 66 points against TCU, but that included a pick-6, a fumble return for a TD, and a punt return for a TD.

This is the first time I’ve felt good about a game all year.

Being an underdog is a good reality check.

How few points does our Brian Ferentz tribute offense score tonight? Maybe our defense and special teams are Iowa level good and we can pull off a win. Hopefully SMU doesn’t have a mobile qb. Stopping mobile QBs isn’t Fuller’s thing.

How few points does our Brian Ferentz tribute offense score tonight? Maybe our defense and special teams are Iowa level good and we can pull off a win. Hopefully SMU doesn’t have a mobile qb. Stopping mobile QBs isn’t Fuller’s thing.

Doesn't run a lot, but is effective when he does so.

I just don't want them to look inept...I knew losing all those players from last year would have an affect. Just didn't figure it would be this great. I think if they won the GT game would have helped a lot with confidence

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I just don't want them to look inept...I knew losing all those players from last year would have an affect. Just didn't figure it would be this great. I think if they won the GT game would have helped a lot with confidence

Having a competent qb would make a huge difference. We are probably 3-1 with a decent qb.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

This feels like more than the players left and next man up isn't happening (but that is part of it). But there just seems to be more going on.

This feels like more than the players left and next man up isn't happening (but that is part of it). But there just seems to be more going on.
The team really seemed to be on JT’s back last year, and the replacement got NIL money to come in and no one knows or has a bond with the dude.

That’s just my opinion.

Reactions: funksouljon
Our third down defense really coming up big that drive. Another ****ing almost 6 minute drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT