ADVERTISEMENT

* The Official FSU vs. Cal Gameday Thread *

I hate the new look of college football.
One of the things that made the game so great and created so much money was the regional feel of the game.
USC vs Mich, UTenn vs OU should be bowl games, not random conference games in September.

I know, get off my lawn, but it is a shame the regionality of college football has been, to an extent, lost.
I, for one, look forward to the day when I can watch Stanford play Cal for the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina.

3rd and long is an automatic first down and mobile QBs get added to Heisman watch lists after playing us but since he’s probably the 4th or 5th worst coach on this staff, he’s safe. We can’t recover a fumble but at least we don’t have to worry about another team hiring him away from us.

7 sacks, 12 TFL was pretty significant. I think more importantly Alex Atkins returning must have made a big impact on the offense, which relieved mucho pressure on the defense.

Ho concerned should we be with SMU? They just hung 66 points on TCU and their only loss is to BYU, who just blew out K-State.

It was Fuller's defense that won in Hogtown and the ACC championship game last year.
And how many of those guys will we see today? Several.
I will say that I’m glad that several younger players got playing time last night. Finally.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Me when we scored that second touchdown,
GYDIZL6b0AMlDb-

Ultimately glad we won, but the offense is still a heaping pile of s***. Norvell also needs a new analytics sheet if it is telling him to pass up on much needed FGs.

Defense seems to be getting into somewhat of a groove, but still plagued by 3rd and long (as in years past). Backers and DBs need to tackle better as well. Hard to keep asking the D to pitch a near shutout every game, which is what will be needed with this team’s offense.

Just said on the radio that it's a sold-out game. Pretty impressive considering we're 0-3.
Probably wouldn't have been except we have so many unavailable seats due to the renovation. Shots showing a half empty stadium on one side isn't a good look if people don't know that.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I had to watch it recorded this AM.

Man this team is hard to watch. I will take the ugly W as it means FSU won't finish 0-? but long way to go. Very worried about getting blown out by a couple teams coming up.

Had his 1-2 good throws a game routine, and then looked like he was wading through quicksand both running the ball and reading coverages/RPO. Honestly don’t think the play calling is doing him any favors.
Nice ball on the winning TD play plus several first down tosses.
Contrast that with the insane wide receiver screen tosses behind the line of scrimmage that get blown up.

Reactions: LBoogie28
In game prop bets on the FSU defense blowing 3rd and 10+ would print money.

Kills me more than the drops.

Would have had another if not for Morlock. Drive killer.

Yeah, Morlock's drop was brutal; would have been a huge gain. I don't remember exactly when it was, but know it was on one of our 3&out possessions in the 2nd half.

We were marginally better offensively...ran the ball a little better, DJ threw a few nice passes. But he, and our offense, are still absolute trash. Two TD drives, four 3&out, an awful INT, and four "other" possessions (couple of possessions with a first down or two prior to punting, gave it up on downs, ran out the clock with a couple of kneel-downs at the end).

I have very little interest in watching our slo-mo offense, and think Norvell is nuts for not at least getting some playing time to the other QBs. I don't even need a total change, but we desperately need a spark and don't see how it could possibly hurt to give Brock & Luke a series or two apiece.

I see Roydell Williams is out "for an extended period" & was in a boot Saturday night.

Yeah, Morlock's drop was brutal; would have been a huge gain. I don't remember exactly when it was, but know it was on one of our 3&out possessions in the 2nd half.

We were marginally better offensively...ran the ball a little better, DJ threw a few nice passes. But he, and our offense, are still absolute trash. Two TD drives, four 3&out, an awful INT, and four "other" possessions (couple of possessions with a first down or two prior to punting, gave it up on downs, ran out the clock with a couple of kneel-downs at the end).

I have very little interest in watching our slo-mo offense, and think Norvell is nuts for not at least getting some playing time to the other QBs. I don't even need a total change, but we desperately need a spark and don't see how it could possibly hurt to give Brock & Luke a series or two apiece.

I see Roydell Williams is out "for an extended period" & was in a boot Saturday night.
Good post . I really wonder about not getting some scripted series for both Brock and Luke.
One JTrav type hit and DJ could get knocked out of a game… or the season.
It looked like Kam Davis was starting to get comfortable and LT was close on a few runs to busting loose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT