ADVERTISEMENT

The real patient zero? Three Wuhan lab scientists genetically altering Covid were the FIRST to contract the virus, claims report

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Probably just a coincidence....

Three Wuhan lab scientists who were genetically altering the Covid virus were the first to fall sick with it, a new investigation has claimed.

According to multiple US government officials interviewed as part of a lengthy inquiry by independent news outlet Public and Racket, the first people infected by the virus are allegedly Ben Hu, Ping Yu, and Yan Zhu.

They were all members of the Wuhan lab suspected to have leaked the pandemic virus and were partaking in gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) on SARS-like coronaviruses.

Three Wuhan lab scientists who were genetically altering the Covid virus were the first to fall sick with it, a new investigation has claimed.

According to multiple US government officials interviewed as part of a lengthy inquiry by independent news outlet Public and Racket, the first people infected by the virus are allegedly Ben Hu, Ping Yu, and Yan Zhu.

They were all members of the Wuhan lab suspected to have leaked the pandemic virus and were partaking in gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) on SARS-like coronaviruses.

Probably just Matt Tiabbi again....

Reactions: BelemNole

You bring a tabloid as proof?

Weird. Trump was right again
Brian Kemp GIF by GIPHY News

The London Times is by subscription…wanted to use their article.

Separate analysis shows the centre of the initial outbreak of Covid-19, which has killed more than seven million people, was close to the institute’s laboratory, rather than at the city’s “wet” wildlife market as had been thought.

Where is this "separate analysis"?

That is a statement with no citation, or map or anything to back it up.
Other analysis of the early cases clearly shows most of them near the markets.

Always interesting to see the lab-leak deniers squirm and double down once again. They were wrong on so many counts.
this is something that has always puzzled me as well

regarding the article though i wonder if it’s a spoof with names ben who, ping you, and yan zhu…only last sounds legit.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheelbybirth
this is something that has always puzzled me as well

regarding the article though i wonder if it’s a spoof with names ben who, ping you, and yan zhu…only last sounds legit.

It's called "evidence"

And speculation is not evidence.

Reactions: BelemNole
Of course the latest in our procession of wrongs on this topic was the raccoon dog explanation the anti lab leakers so eagerly glommed on to.
That was one direction the actual "evidence" led.

This Times article does not present ANY new evidence.
It cites unsubstantiated claims and reports that no one can access.

We have maps of the early outbreak, with most of the early cases in the Wet Market

If these new investigations have OTHER data, the proper approach here is to publish them and OVERLAY their new data with that, so we can compare it.

We have maps of the early outbreak, with most of the early cases in the Wet Market

If these new investigations have OTHER data, the proper approach here is to publish them and OVERLAY their new data with that, so we can compare it.
What times article? The article shared?... Very interesting, we'll see soon enough if there are anything to these claims. IMO, any of this government intelligence stuff eventually leaks or is shared.

My point with the raccoon dog stuff is that everyone is playing the same game. Pick a side on the topic and eagerly promote any bit of evidence that might support your position.

Naturally people get carried away.

Unfortunately the politics of Covid make it difficult to have reasonable convyabout it

Really?

How is asking for the "new evidence" laid out in comparison to the "existing evidence" NOT having a convo?

The Times article provides none of this and does not cite specifics on sourcing.

Any of them trans female athletes?

Trump was bull shitting at the time like he always does. That doesn't preclude the possibility of him being proven correct in time, but obviously his argument was not supported by the strength of the evidence available at the time. And so he gets no credit.
afaik tangible evidence doesn’t exist for any explanation. it’s strength of circumstantial evidence only and the preponderance is in one direction

Reactions: KFsdisciple

Your “maps of the early outbreak” were a bunch of dots the CCP put out there to deflect. If you are that gullible to believe any of their “data“you are not being objective. They did everything they could to blow smoke up the world’s ass and they continue to do that as we speak.

Last edited:
Your “maps of the early outbreak” were a bunch of dots the CCP put out there to deflect. If you are that gullible to believe any of their “data“you are not being objective. They did everything the could to blow smoke up the world’s ass and they continue to do that as we speak.

Well you’re obviously a true believer in this most recent take. You sure showed those that thought otherwise I guess. Well at least until another article with slim to no evidence says differently.

Let’s suppose you’re right, then what’s next? How does any of this change anything other than being able to say I told you so? Is that the payoff you’re seeking? Seems pointless to me.

Who is this we??? Were you on the investigation team?

Your hypothesis is that a novel coronavirus just happened to mutate into a deadly virus in the same exact location where they were doing gain of function research on coronaviruses?? And there are less than 10 of these labs in the whole world??

Thats the mother of all coincidences...

Clown.

Let’s suppose you’re right, then what’s next? How does any of this change anything other than being able to say I told you so? Is that the payoff you’re seeking? Seems pointless to me.
not speaking for the poster you were responding to. but this is a zero partisanship type issue and there should be no i told you so type crap. the findings should be used to inform our approach in dealing with china and that seems to be the one topic on which there is baseline consensus at the voter level on both sides

Well you’re obviously a true believer in this most recent take. You sure showed those that thought otherwise I guess. Well at least until another article with slim to no evidence says differently.

To start, how about holding them accountable for the millions who died and covering some of the damages they created?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT