ADVERTISEMENT

The U.S. economy grew at a 3.3% pace in the fourth quarter, much better than expected

I've never liked this statistic. What part of the economy grew? Did the rich get richer and that's what grew? Did businesses expand and grow the economy? Is it a growth over the same time period as years past? Who made the predictions that the economy would only be this much? Why are these predictions hardly ever right? Are the predictions to encourage futures trading?

I've never liked this statistic. It always makes me feel like the rich are trying to predict what everyone else is doing and wagering on it.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk and Torg
Edit: Posted a moment too late. ☝️ ☝️

In before the usual folks come in and post a link to a right wing article that says that out of all the data collected about this number, one is really just bad news or not a real indicator of whats happening on Main St.

In before the usual folks come in and post a link to a right wing article that says that out of all the data collected about this number, one is really just bad news.
Ditto. Like I posted in another thread, there's always an excuse as to why Joe can't be given a win on anything. We used to be smart enough in this country to recognize when the economy was going well and that automatically meant the incumbent was keeping his job.

Not these days. People don't care if it's not their guy. Has to be a conspiracy or a deflection to keep Republican voters' eyes elsewhere. Long after I am gone, Biden will be considered one of the most underrated presidents ever and it's because half the country give him no credit for any of his positives.

Last edited:
I've never liked this statistic. What part of the economy grew? Did the rich get richer and that's what grew? Did businesses expand and grow the economy? Is it a growth over the same time period as years past? Who made the predictions that the economy would only be this much? Why are these predictions hardly ever right? Are the predictions to encourage futures trading?

I've never liked this statistic. It always makes me feel like the rich are trying to predict what everyone else is doing and wagering on it.

I was once terrified of numbers and data. Then a kind doctor prescribed me lithium salts and the world makes a lot more sense now.

Just a straight down the middle guy asking questions.

Happy Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

I was once terrified of numbers and data. Then a kind doctor prescribed me lithium salts and the world makes a lot more sense now.
Don't know about the terrified part. But they are always posting predictions and hardly ever right. So do they really mean anything?

Don't know about the terrified part. But they are always posting predictions and hardly ever right. So do they really mean anything?

Are “they” in the room with you now?

Since you’re a degree’d meteorologist, are weather forecasts right? Just predictions? Based on sorcery?

My Soros check is delayed so far this week. It’s because the USPS is moving to electric vehicles.
Lol, or he was overseas giving speeches and had a McConnell stoke in the middle of it. Be patient it's in the mail.

You know, you could read the link in op where most of your questions are answered.

You know, you could read the link in op where most of your questions are answered.
I did. It's the same every time. We predicted this and made a ton on futures. Now this is what happened and we're going to make a ton on that report.

He may have to do his own research on this one. You know, because you can't trust numbers and such.
I'm hearing from a lot of people that this is the Swamp undermining Trump. It's all fake news. Many people are saying it. The best people — big guys who never cry — are coming up to me with tears in their eyes and saying, "Sir, these numbers are FAKE NEWS."

I did. It's the same every time. We predicted this and made a ton on futures. Now this is what happened and we're going to make a ton on that report.

Huh. Interesting. I read the article and the actual report and I didn’t see any of this. weird.

Are you new to the stock market and how it works?

Reactions: VodkaSam
The press release from the government says it's an advance estimate.

The GDP estimate released today is based on source data that are incomplete or subject to further revision by the source agency (refer to "Source Data for the Advance Estimate" on page 3). The "second" estimate for the fourth quarter, based on more complete data, will be released on February 28, 2024.

Official release

It might be better to wait for all the numbers before celebrating too much. This might be a glass of champagne instead of a bottle. Third quarter was revised down. New estimate for the year is 2.5% increase, which is a soft landing.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

Are you new to the concept of equity markets?

The press release from the government says it's an advance estimate.

The GDP estimate released today is based on source data that are incomplete or subject to further revision by the source agency (refer to "Source Data for the Advance Estimate" on page 3). The "second" estimate for the fourth quarter, based on more complete data, will be released on February 28, 2024.

Official release

It might be better to wait for all the numbers before celebrating too much. This might be a glass of champagne instead of a bottle. Third quarter was revised down. New estimate for the year is 2.5% increase, which is a soft landing.
There he is, the find a negative in a positive totally not a Trumper guy has shown up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT