ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Do you speak Russian?

That would help.

What does your family think?

Maybe you should just do humanitarian work in Poland?

I might stay in place in Poland. I don't think you understand that most Ukranians can speak English, Also, do you realize the number of former vets there already?

Reactions: goldmom
This would look dope in Kyiv.

s-l300.jpg

The nationalist racists with a penchant for Nazi symbology are a real thing in Ukraine.
Articles like the one I just linked are being forgotten about to make it easier to sell a good guy / bad guy picture to the audience.

This year [2018], though, the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill signed into law last week stipulates that "none of the funds made available by this act may be used to provide arms, training or other assistance to the Azov Battalion." "White supremacy and neo-Nazism are unacceptable and have no place in our world," Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), an outspoken critic of providing lethal aid to Ukraine, said in a statement to The Hill on Tuesday. "I am very pleased that the recently passed omnibus prevents the U.S. from providing arms and training assistance to the neo-Nazi Azov Battalion fighting in Ukraine."
The United States has been aiding and training Ukrainian forces in their fight against Russian-backed separatists since 2014, and recently expanded that aid to include arms. The omnibus includes about $620.7 million in aid for Ukraine, including $420.7 million in State Department and foreign operations funds and $200 million in Pentagon funds.
The Azov Battalion was founded in 2014, and its first commander was Andriy Biletsky, who previously headed the neo-Nazi group Patriot of Ukraine. Several members of the militia, which has been integrated into the Ukrainian National Guard, are self-avowed neo-Nazis.

They aren’t targeting the nazis though. I mean, to a degree I suppose but their battle is with the whole of Ukraine including civilians. Not suggesting you are defending Russia but clearly there is a good and bad here. Just because the good side has some terrible people it doesn’t mean russias aggression is excused.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I might stay in place in Poland. I don't think you understand that most Ukranians can speak English, Also, do you realize the number of former vets there already?

I lived in Ukraine for 6 weeks in 2011. Kiev and Dnipropetrovsk.

Unless things have changed since then, most Ukranians spoke limited, broken English at best.

Passport application has been affirmed as expedited. In talks with Ukraine, have been granted stay in Poland hotel. Foreign Legion, friends

They gave me a list of things to bring. I'd be happy to take a HROT load of donations / supplies to Ukraine.

I would think one of you HROT rich could negotiate me taking supplies.

care to share the list?

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Meet FIRMS, NASA’s public satellite service tracking forest fires. Turns out, war fires are just like forest fires, so it’s a great way to track military front lines.

Here’s Kyiv region a week ago. I circled Bucha/Irpin, the front lines in the battle for Kyiv since day 1 of the war (remember the ill-fated Russian airborne assault on Hostomel airport? It was there). Kyiv is at the base of that body of water, the Kyiv reservoir. That front has been consistently hot the entire war.

kyiv1.jpg

Here’s Kyiv region right now:
kyiv2.jpg

Russia’s entire NW army is under severe assault. If that 40 km convoy is still stuck there, uh oh. Meanwhile, FIRMS isn’t showing much fire activity in Sumy and Kharkiv in the northeast axis. The Donbas front-line is the other hot-hot spot, which I’ll get to in a future update, likely tomorrow.

there are some good thoughts in this thread, hrot is doing the national proud. We need a direct line to dc. I’d like my kids to have a chance to screw up the world too so avoiding nuclear war at almost all costs is pretty important. I do think supplying Ukraine with migs is within the very weird rules of witch this engagement exists. Anything to neutralize the bombardments.

care to share the list?

list of supplies? just what you would imagine. basic necessities. I surely can't bring food donations without a time frame. They want toiletries/soap/shampoo/rags (i.e. old shirts than can be used bandages) Stuff that we think is everyday commodities

list of supplies? just what you would imagine. basic necessities. I surely can't bring food donations without a time frame. They want toiletries/soap/shampoo/rags (i.e. old shirts than can be used bandages) Stuff that we think is everyday commodities

maybe I missed it, so you will bring all of this in your luggage or are you sending it separately?

I'm dead serious....I'm shutting down my law firm. Ukraine has promised me no money. They will supposedly pay for food and sleep,

Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you.... quote the movie line and then give a donation

Meet FIRMS, NASA’s public satellite service tracking forest fires. Turns out, war fires are just like forest fires, so it’s a great way to track military front lines.

Here’s Kyiv region a week ago. I circled Bucha/Irpin, the front lines in the battle for Kyiv since day 1 of the war (remember the ill-fated Russian airborne assault on Hostomel airport? It was there). Kyiv is at the base of that body of water, the Kyiv reservoir. That front has been consistently hot the entire war.

kyiv1.jpg

Here’s Kyiv region right now:
kyiv2.jpg

Russia’s entire NW army is under severe assault. If that 40 km convoy is still stuck there, uh oh. Meanwhile, FIRMS isn’t showing much fire activity in Sumy and Kharkiv in the northeast axis. The Donbas front-line is the other hot-hot spot, which I’ll get to in a future update, likely tomorrow.
Its looking hot in there.

Link

The nationalist racists with a penchant for Nazi symbology are a real thing in Ukraine.
The nationalist racists with a penchant for Nazi symbology are a real thing in the United States. Remember proud boys chanting the Jews will not replace us.

The idea that this war is about the Russians eliminating the relatively small group of neo Nazi's that have limited political power is gaslighting bullshit.

Russia is trying to eliminate Ukraine not Nazis.

The nationalist racists with a penchant for Nazi symbology are a real thing in the United States. Remember proud boys chanting the Jews will not replace us.

The idea that this war is about the Russians eliminating the relatively small group of neo Nazi's that have limited political power is gaslighting bullshit.

Russia is trying to eliminate Ukraine not Nazis.
Agree, just don't want a result of this war to be a 'whitewashing' of those groups.

What if everyone said that during WW2
What if the US sat out WW2?

Can we sell arms to UK and USSR in this hypothetical?
Do I still start the Manhattan Project in 1939?

I can image a world where the Europeans and Asians slaughter each other for decades without Americans.
They did it for centuries before.

What if the US sat out WW2?

Can we sell arms to UK and USSR in this hypothetical?
Do I still start the Manhattan Project in 1939?

I can image a world where the Europeans and Asians slaughter each other for decades without Americans.
They did it for centuries before.

...........because that would be so helpful for world...how?.....

Didn't Pfizer come out and say they wouldn't stop sending life saving medication there and are donating the profits from those medications to Ukraine?
I can get on board with this. We still need to attack Covid in foreign countries to help with the supply chain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT