ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Canada's UN Mission twitted a letter from the Russian UN Mission that was sent to all member countries. Canada's UN Mission decided to troll the letter by marking it up and returning to the Russian UN Mission.

130760757_FURussia.thumb.jpg.88116c29cfd072f4b9c3d78b7bd3418e.jpg

1449025552_FURussia_1.thumb.jpg.523a7b8a52744d03d6cbb736e05c8ba4.jpg

184035986_FURussia_2.thumb.jpg.7dedf2aef3514359e12c494498bd4a59.jpg

And you're the one to do it? I mean best of luck to you. But this just feels a little John Wayne/Captain America grandiose destiny stuff. I mean unless you're heading there to deliver a bunch of Migs and tons of weaponry, how much of a difference are you going to make in the war theater? How many people are you connecting with who are going? Is there a batallion of you guys with proper leadership, command, etc... or are you just going to feel good?

Just trying to figure out how you're going to stop Putin as if we don't see tons of people egging Putin on in leadership who'd be more than happy to take his place?
Oh come on he’s not leaving his family and law practice to go die in Ukraine. And I say this recognizing he has posted in the past he was in the army.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkMD and goldmom
I admire their bravery. Hope Russia does not get upset enough to do something terrible to them. That would probably be the only bad thing about derailing a train-that would bring down the wrath of the Russians who as you know are for all practical purposes, occupying their country.

Link

The nationalist racists with a penchant for Nazi symbology are a real thing in Ukraine.
Articles like the one I just linked are being forgotten about to make it easier to sell a good guy / bad guy picture to the audience.

This year [2018], though, the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill signed into law last week stipulates that "none of the funds made available by this act may be used to provide arms, training or other assistance to the Azov Battalion." "White supremacy and neo-Nazism are unacceptable and have no place in our world," Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), an outspoken critic of providing lethal aid to Ukraine, said in a statement to The Hill on Tuesday. "I am very pleased that the recently passed omnibus prevents the U.S. from providing arms and training assistance to the neo-Nazi Azov Battalion fighting in Ukraine."
The United States has been aiding and training Ukrainian forces in their fight against Russian-backed separatists since 2014, and recently expanded that aid to include arms. The omnibus includes about $620.7 million in aid for Ukraine, including $420.7 million in State Department and foreign operations funds and $200 million in Pentagon funds.
The Azov Battalion was founded in 2014, and its first commander was Andriy Biletsky, who previously headed the neo-Nazi group Patriot of Ukraine. Several members of the militia, which has been integrated into the Ukrainian National Guard, are self-avowed neo-Nazis.

No one is saying they don’t exist but there’s a strong white supremacist element across the whole Slavic world. There are a number of reasons for that

This morning MSNBC was scrolling, that WSJ reported, the US was supplying Ukraine with the vaunted Russian S400 SAM System which we had purchased from another country. (Turkey?) Hope they can get them in there safely.

Reactions: MitchLL
This morning MSNBC was scrolling, that WSJ reported, the US was supplying Ukraine with the vaunted Russian S400 SAM System which we had purchased from another country. (Turkey?) Hope they can get them in there safely.
That system is about 25 years old....

And you're the one to do it? I mean best of luck to you. But this just feels a little John Wayne/Captain America grandiose destiny stuff. I mean unless you're heading there to deliver a bunch of Migs and tons of weaponry, how much of a difference are you going to make in the war theater? How many people are you connecting with who are going? Is there a batallion of you guys with proper leadership, command, etc... or are you just going to feel good?

Just trying to figure out how you're going to stop Putin as if we don't see tons of people egging Putin on in leadership who'd be more than happy to take his place?
The journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step.

JFC Joe….we’re talking Nukes. If only 10 percent of them worked we’d still be talking 10’s of millions of people dead
Yeah I didn't like listening to the bit of Morning Joe on my way to work this morning where they were talking about Putin using tactical nukes, and that he would be less likely to use them if NATO/American troops were on the ground in Ukraine. Lots of talk of red lines now.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Which is why they ain't gonna go there.

Russia starves w/o Ukrainian grain. Turn that into a nuclear wasteland and Putin, along with all his oligarchs, are toast.
I don't know the answer to this but are world grain markets that tight? Can we just ramp up production here in the United States and cover Ukraine's lost production? And this is not minimizing nuclear war or specific to nuclear, but thinking about Ukraine's certain lost production regardless of how the war ends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT