ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Maybe maybe not.
I really can't believe I am arguing against people that are OK with the United States using nuclear weapons on civilians. But here we are.

Even still, America could have nuked a smaller town and killed less Japanese civilians.

Robert McNamara said he and General Curtis LeMay could have been charged with war crimes if America lost the war.
You two should brush up on Operation Downfall and the projected US/Japanese casualties along with Japanese civilian/conscript casualty estimates.

You two should brush up on Operation Downfall and the projected US/Japanese casualties along with Japanese civilian/conscript casualty estimates.

"Projected."

No one knows what would have happened but we do know the U.S. deliberately killed hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians during the war. Men, women and children.

That's all I'll post about it so we can stay on topic.

Reactions: CO_hawk
I would say the atomic bombs in wwii saved millions of lives. Listening to a lot of podcasts on the Japanese empire has been very enlightening.

the b29 fire bombings of Tokyo killed almost as many as the the two nuclear bombs combined.
Not to argue, but the U.S. was at the Japanese mainland in May. War is over in Europe, Japan was on it's last leg. Still dropped the bombs.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
I am done. This is the wrong thread. There is no reasoning with you on this issue.
Did you not just say civilians with weapons are soldiers? Are Ukrainian civilians not attacking Russian troops? Are people complaining that Russia is targeting civilian areas?

Did you not just say civilians with weapons are soldiers? Are Ukrainian civilians not attacking Russian troops? Are people complaining that Russia is targeting civilian areas?
I would say the Ukrainians are defending their homeland. Don't say the Japanese were doing the same after their brutality in Asia and their attack against our country. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

Not to argue, but the U.S. was at the Japanese mainland in May. War is over in Europe, Japan was on it's last leg. Still dropped the bombs.
Any idea why they didn't surrender after the first bomb was dropped since you're such a history buff? (excluding knowing nothing about the Second Sino-Japanese War of course)

Reactions: Ol' Dirty Bastard
I would say the Ukrainians are defending their homeland. Don't say the Japanese were doing the same after their brutality in Asia and their attack against our country. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.
Agree. Not saying that at all. Just trying to draw the line between atrocities and what side we all stand on.

Malcolm Gladwell did a recent book on the topic called The Bomber Mafia, comparing and contrasting the then-competing bombing theories of high-altitude, daylight precision bombing (George and Hansell) with LeMay’s nighttime carpet bombing. The high-altitude precision method prioritized military and manufacturing targets and avoiding civilian casualties. This type of bombing was preferred by all...except that it didn’t work. They lost too many aircraft and didn’t hit anything they aimed at.

So they switched to LeMay’s approach and that helped win the war.

Any idea why they didn't surrender after the first bomb was dropped since you're such a history buff? (excluding knowing nothing about the Second Sino-Japanese War of course)
They probably should have surrendered when they backed out of China and lost the Pacific. Suzuki manipulated and let his citizens die at the hands of the United States.
Either way, that was probably the most horrific thing that has ever happened on this planet.

I see that a few have posted this guy's twitter before me so here's a specific tweet from his feed that I'm throwing out there to rile up the crowd.

Well.....this is gonna make some conservative heads...
chappelle-show.gif

They probably should have surrendered when they backed out of China and lost the Pacific. Suzuki manipulated and let his citizens die at the hands of the United States.
Either way, that was probably the most horrific thing that has ever happened on this planet.
Did you hear, Russia lost 20-40 million people in WW2.

Reactions: goldmom
Mariya's Got a Gun
Mariya's Got a Gun
Whole world's come undone
Everybody is on the run

What'd her daddy do?
It was Ukraine's last I.O.U.
She had to take him down easy, and put a bullet in his brain
Cuz everyone agrees, the man was such a sleaze
We ain't ever gonna be the same

Did anyone else pause and play the instrumentals in their head to stay on time with the original lyrics?

Has Q given any updates on the war? Just trying to stay informed and listen to all sides.
I hadn't thought about them in a while. I just did a quick google search. Apparently they've determined that the unique way Trump mispronounced China was actually a codeword for Ukraine and since Trump kept claiming China created Covid-19, he was actually secretly telling those who know where to look that it came from bio-labs in Ukraine.

And now my head hurts.

I hadn't thought about them in a while. I just did a quick google search. Apparently they've determined that the unique way Trump mispronounced China was actually a codeword for Ukraine and since Trump kept claiming China created Covid-19, he was actually secretly telling those who know where to look that it came from bio-labs in Ukraine.

And now my head hurts.

Damn now that I am seeing it, it is obvious as hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT