ADVERTISEMENT

This one feels different to me

NCHawkeye24

HR MVP
Apr 19, 2021
When Cade got hurt in fall practice, it sucked because I knew how much the season hinged on him, especially the offense. But he still played and when he got hurt for good it just finished what we already knew. So it was kind of a soft let down and I felt bad for KF and BF because of all the heat they have taken and that was it.

When Lachey got hurt that sucked too, but atleast we had another good TE.

When All got hurt, it was more like, wow, who are we going to throw to now? But by that time the offense was so bad anyway it was like what can it hurt?

When any of the RB's have been hurt it sucks but atleast we have multiples. Same for the online.

But Cooper is different. It makes me incredibly sad. Sad to not see him in an Iowa uniform again. Sad because he probably won't win any of those awards that he is deserving of. Sad because he won't get to play in a championship game. And Sad because he was the one difference maker that we had, the one player we had that was better than everyone else. Can he win a game by himself? No, of course not, but he would try.

I love all the players on this team because they all have played their guts out in the face of adversity. But Cooper was different and no matter what happens the rest of the season it won't be the same. To me.

He was the most important player on the team IMO. Shut down corner, play maker. Great young man - a credit to Iowa. Took away half the field it seemed from the opponents passing game.

I'm concerned we will see on Saturday and against Neb just how important he was to the defense.

This sux.

After this injury I think you can bank on him entering the draft.

It only reinforces how quickly a career can end, even in practice. He shouldn’t risk it and go make bank. It’s not like next year’s team is projected to be something special.
Maybe so.

However, I predict, 07:27 Am 11/16/2023 that he comes back next year. :)

I wonder if DeJean would have played in the bowl had he been healthy?
I'm guessing yes, but many high draft possibilities are told to forego it these days.

I'm guessing yes, but many high draft possibilities are told to forego it these days.
Being an Iowa kid I bet that he would play in the bowl game if he is 100% healthy. Just my guess but it seems like kids like him would rather wear the Iowa jersey but when they are that good and are that high of a pick the smart thing to do is take the money.

I am going to continue to hold out hope he returns for one more season until he makes it official. Mostly because I simply do not want to accept that we have seen the last time he wears the Iowa uniform.

Where us he projected to be drafted? What position? It’s not like he isn’t making money here at Iowa right now.

I am going to continue to hold out hope he returns for one more season until he makes it official. Mostly because I simply do not want to accept that we have seen the last time he wears the Iowa uniform.

Where us he projected to be drafted? What position? It’s not like he isn’t making money here at Iowa right now.
A site that puts out a consensus mock draft (including a lot of different sites into one) has him 14th overall and the 2nd CB taken. They have 6 CB’s taken in the first round. If he’s a top 4-5 CN he’ll be a first round pick.

When Cade got hurt in fall practice, it sucked because I knew how much the season hinged on him, especially the offense. But he still played and when he got hurt for good it just finished what we already knew. So it was kind of a soft let down and I felt bad for KF and BF because of all the heat they have taken and that was it.

When All got hurt, it was more like, wow, who are we going to throw to now? But by that time the offense was so bad anyway it was like what can it hurt?

When any of the RB's have been hurt it sucks but atleast we have multiples. Same for the online.

But Cooper is different. It makes me incredibly sad. Sad to not see him in an Iowa uniform again. Sad because he probably won't win any of those awards that he is deserving of. Sad because he won't get to play in a championship game. And Sad because he was the one difference maker that we had, the one player we had that was better than everyone else. Can he win a game by himself? No, of course not, but he would try.

I love all the players on this team because they all have played their guts out in the face of adversity. But Cooper was different and no matter what happens the rest of the season it won't be the same. To me.
We never have the great ones long enough. I use to think 4 years was too quick. Then drafting early became the norm for the great ones. Makes me appreciate what time we get even that much more.
Cooper is a gamer that has earned his ticket to the next level. I’m gonna enjoy watching him on Sundays.

A site that puts out a consensus mock draft (including a lot of different sites into one) has him 14th overall and the 2nd CB taken. They have 6 CB’s taken in the first round. If he’s a top 4-5 CN he’ll be a first round pick.

Damnit. He is likely gone then. But, I will continue to hold out hope until it is official. On a more positive note. Wouldn’t he be like the first white cb drafted in the first round in like, forever? I know if he were to become a starter, he would be the first starting white cornerback in 25-30 years.

As much as we all would love to see him back next year, I imagine Kirk will be one of the first encouraging him to enter the draft.

Losing Coop is a gut punch. Kirk has had some amazing, “all-time” players, and CDJ is absolutely in that group.

I want the BIG to go back and give him that TD against Minny. Even if they don't put in on the score. .Can't? OH well I'll pretend they did.

Well said, hard to put into words but you said it well.

He Gone.

Are we convinced he wont be back next year?
Yeah, if he makes a $million or just less that is nfl rookie money as I dont know if he is going in the first round. He could come back and take out the injury insurance policy for $10 mil..

He is a freakishly smooth, great athlete with a pigskin as a punt and could be a kick returner in the NFL. He could be a gunner on kicking teams and work his way into playing time from scrimmage

Reactions: Gus is dead
Are we convinced he wont be back next year?
If he were to return next year, and add more snaps on offense, he’d be a legit Heisman candidate. And perhaps improve his draft status as well, if he can’t do the NFL combine. NIL could help—maybe he could play hoops with Caitlin in a HyVee ad or something to make it worth his while

Can he win a game by himself? No, of course not, but he would try.
No, but his absence can cost them a game. I reference Nebraska last year.

Not saying that will happen on Saturday or next Friday, because I believe Phil can come up with a plan that will put a band-aid over this problem. (And the offense could help out a bunch by scoring points)

Reactions: Bishop-71
If he were to return next year, and add more snaps on offense, he’d be a legit Heisman candidate. And perhaps improve his draft status as well, if he can’t do the NFL combine. NIL could help—maybe he could play hoops with Caitlin in a HyVee ad or something to make it worth his while
Not sure he can improve his draft stock, probably stay the same or worsen it.

Damnit. He is likely gone then. But, I will continue to hold out hope until it is official. On a more positive note. Wouldn’t he be like the first white cb drafted in the first round in like, forever? I know if he were to become a starter, he would be the first starting white cornerback in 25-30 years.
We're about to put our 2nd white cornerback into the NFL in as many years. This standup routine is timely.

• Haha
Reactions: luvmyhawks
I want the BIG to go back and give him that TD against Minny. Even if they don't put in on the score. .Can't? OH well I'll pretend they did.
When the rules committee eliminates the " invalid fair catch rule ", over the winter, they will reinstate the punt return for a TD. Count on it like Michigan cheating...

I don't think so...read somewhere the rehab will go well into 2024

He was the most important player on the team IMO. Shut down corner, play maker. Great young man - a credit to Iowa. Took away half the field it seemed from the opponents passing game.

I'm concerned we will see on Saturday and against Neb just how important he was to the defense.

This sux.
Nebraska hasn't scored on anyone. Coop is great but thinking Nebby will torch us is a stretch. People forget Nebby got shutout after halftime last year. They suck.

Nebraska hasn't scored on anyone. Coop is great but thinking Nebby will torch us is a stretch. People forget Nebby got shutout after halftime last year. They suck.
They had a TD in the 3rd quarter and shut it down. Coop will be missed for sure though.

Yeah, if he makes a $million or just less that is nfl rookie money as I dont know if he is going in the first round. He could come back and take out the injury insurance policy for $10 mil..

He is a freakishly smooth, great athlete with a pigskin as a punt and could be a kick returner in the NFL. He could be a gunner on kicking teams and work his way into playing time from scrimmage
You’re an idiot. he’s a first round Corner. he’s not going to be a gunner on kickoff. Lol

Reactions: nelly02

Woke up this morning with that sick feeling similar to after a Saturday loss.

This one stings the same.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Yep, Cooper is special. I've seen some call him the modern day Kinnick. His athleticism is incredible, the way he carries himself even more so. I wish he we had seen him even more, especially in a B1G championship game, win or lose. I'm going to miss him terribly.

You’re an idiot. he’s a first round Corner. he’s not going to be a gunner on kickoff. Lol
Haha. well there are many on this board who think he might play safety and might be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I read a brief tidbit that about 6 Dbacks are slated to be drafted in the first round, I dont follow the nfl draft much at all we can circle back to this after his pro tryout measurables. I have no idea what his 40 time is but it is easy to see he has very good football speed.

My main point is that on a short nfl 53 man roster a player like Coop can play so many spots well which enhances his value.

• Haha
Reactions: Chucksizzle1

Seek help

Haha. well there are many on this board who think he might play safety and might be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I read a brief tidbit that about 6 Dbacks are slated to be drafted in the first round, I dont follow the nfl draft much at all we can circle back to this after his pro tryout measurables. I have no idea what his 40 time is but it is easy to see he has very good football speed.

My main point is that on a short nfl 53 man roster a player like Coop can play so many spots well which enhances his value.
Just be quiet, you know nothing about football, LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT