ADVERTISEMENT

This story is nuts!

Boeing is taking a lot of heat here but Alaska doesn’t seem like it has the sharpest tools in the shed either.

Their solution to a plane with pressurization issues is to not let it be used on Hawaii flights?

Also way to go by all parties - part of the plane falls off so the cockpit door comes open? What idiot designed that?

I am getting very close to taking a stance of “if it’s boeing, I ain’t going”

Sad to see what a great American company has been reduced to. All because the bean counters took control from the engineers….beginning to realize MAX meant max profits.

Stainless-Steel-Safety-Wire-0-032-Diameter-1-Pound-Spool_631e9d8a-4ca7-40b6-aa32-9d30ad29d1ea.0331fa12a0d24a3b2406561622bad709.jpeg

That is so sexy........

Someone found a cell phone that fell out of the plane when the door plug blew out. It fell 16,000 feet and landed next to a road and it still works perfectly. I don't know what brand it was, but that cell phone maker needs to make an ad campaign out of this.

I'm sure that pilots and flight attendants want every bolt tightened down just right for every flight.

You know, because they're flying through the air at 500 mph just like the plebian passengers.

The mechanics? Not so much....

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
How hard are you going to work if you think management is a "rat" and you can't be fired because you're in a union??

The collective membership of my union does a pretty good job maintaining job expectations and keeping things in line among the ranks. That's where the desire to work hard comes from. We police each other and most of the guys I work with want to show up and do well. With that said, there are plenty of bad eggs that slip through the probationary period. There are guys who don't give a shit and are more than willing to let it be known. And that's an aspect of union membership that I take issue with. It's extremely hard to get rid of these types.

Reactions: The Tradition
I flew this past week on United. They seem hyper-focused on the doors.

First plane was supposed to be a MAX-9, but was swapped out to a 737-900ER after the FAA grounded the MAX-9s. When we landed and arrived at the gate, we had a delay getting off because the exit door got stuck half open/closed on the jet bridge. About 10 minutes until they could get the door open and we could deplane.

On the return flight, about to push back then the captain came on and said they had a maintenance issue with the rear door. Not sure if this was a problem or they’re just checking on a rolling basis. Three service guys came on board and were in the rear for about 30 minutes before they deplaned and we took off.

I think Boeing has screwed up with the MAX planes (even though they’re really nice to fly in) but I also feel like the airlines are stretched. It just feels like there are always front-end staffing issues and I can’t imagine that isn’t also the case with operations, maintenance and inspections.

It doesn't seem like I need to worry about getting on a Max-8 today, since Southwest is having another meltdown

A few missdrilled holes is not an issue. Boeing has bigger problems as it looks to have an uphill climb to get its Max-7 and Max-10 certified.

What does it have to do with "DEI"?

Seems much more like management not committing to appropriate quality oversight - something Nikki Haley pushed to undermine at Boeing.

See pg 2 of this thread. Immediately after the hole in the plane, right wing media blamed DEI rather than outsourcing, corner cutting and deregulation

Reactions: Joes Place
See pg 2 of this thread. Immediately after the hole in the plane, right wing media blamed DEI rather than outsourcing, corner cutting and deregulation

Oh, I missed that nonsense.

They apparently weren't aware of Nikki Haley's Board seat and efforts to undermine QA/oversight, too....

Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT