ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Lester on His Florida Recruitment

Yeah, I don't know too many people who would take a job for $1.2M per year for potentially only a few years but maybe much longer if they have a $250K job in hand already. :rolleyes:
Really?? You dont know too many people who would take that money?? You and your friends must already make a lot of money.

Let's see, 3 years at 1.2 million, and use the tax laws to exempt and delay some taxes so that after those 3 years you are left with $3 million net income out of the gross earnings of $3.6 million.

So, with that $3 million you could buy 5 to 10 nice duplexes or quadplexes over the years for about $2 million and let the renters essentially buy the buildings for you. After 20 years your let's say 7 buildings have increased in value to $3 million and you havent even barely touched your initial $3 million in net earnings.

Now after 20 years you still have most of your $3 million plus the new $3 million from the properties plus full rent as income so that is $6 million in Net Worth plus income coming in.

While buying the properties for $2 million you put much of your extra $1 million in CDs, Bonds, other investments that get you a nice, non-risky 5% a year or $50,000 a year. Twenty some years at $50K per year is some serious saving.

And while that is going on over 20 years you might still be making an average of $700K as a mid level coordinator. So many ways to turn that money into so much more money for your family and parents etc.

Interesting video. Pretty impressive the way he breaks down the plays.
Yes, the question is will Kirk move away from no audibles or his audibles that take some seconds for the QB to speak out to his teammates or will Kirk trust his qb to make OPTION reads to run or pass based on number of hats in the box.

I liked the comment in the video that was something like "this stuff works as long as your qb can count and I hope he can count".

Really?? You dont know too many people who would take that money?? You and your friends must already make a lot of money.

Let's see, 3 years at 1.2 million, and use the tax laws to exempt and delay some taxes so that after those 3 years you are left with $3 million net income out of the gross earnings of $3.6 million.

So, with that $3 million you could buy 5 to 10 nice duplexes or quadplexes over the years for about $2 million and let the renters essentially buy the buildings for you. After 20 years your let's say 7 buildings have increased in value to $3 million and you havent even barely touched your initial $3 million in net earnings.

Now after 20 years you still have most of your $3 million plus the new $3 million from the properties plus full rent as income so that is $6 million in Net Worth plus income coming in.

While buying the properties for $2 million you put much of your extra $1 million in CDs, Bonds, other investments that get you a nice, non-risky 5% a year or $50,000 a year. Twenty some years at $50K per year is some serious saving.

And while that is going on over 20 years you might still be making an average of $700K as a mid level coordinator. So many ways to turn that money into so much more money for your family and parents etc.
Gee, thanks for the deep financial lesson. But maybe you should've taken note of my eye-roll emoji and adjusted your sarcasm meter a bit....

Gee, thanks for the deep financial lesson. But maybe you should've taken note of my eye-roll emoji and adjusted your sarcasm meter a bit....
Oh is that what that emoji means. I have used emojis for many years but usually just a couple of basic ones. Thanks as I now know the sarcasm one.

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
isn't it your job to tell other posters that they are ****ing stupid?

Whoa….i thought I was on block and cuz, when someone calls “me” an F’n idiot….im probably not going to feel bad about a critic from someone calling me out….

Go find him and call him out ….after you get done trashing your favorite team

Whoa….i thought I was on block and cuz, when someone calls “me” an F’n idiot….im probably not going to feel bad about a critic from someone calling me out….

Go find him and call him out ….after you get done trashing your favorite team
trashing? Bro, go to the medicine cabinet, and take the anti-depressants.

trashing? Bro, go to the medicine cabinet, and take the anti-depressants.

I’m still stuck on you bitching about me when you clearly skipped over him calling me an idiot. Quite frankly that stuff doesn’t affect me in the least but I’m definitely not going to let an Internet whiner, call me out for calling someone an idiot in response to be called an idiot….

I’m adult enough I don’t need to “block” people but I am more than capable of disregarding your tripe…

If your not smart enough to see the hypocrisy in that, your not worth talking too.

Reactions: pistachio1999
I’m still stuck on you bitching about me when you clearly skipped over him calling me an idiot. Quite frankly that stuff doesn’t affect me in the least but I’m definitely not going to let an Internet whiner, call me out for calling someone an idiot in response to be called an idiot….

I’m adult enough I don’t need to “block” people but I am more than capable of disregarding your tripe…

If your not smart enough to see the hypocrisy in that, your not worth talking too.
if it didn't affect you, you wouldn't be calling people ****ing idiots...If you weren't a hypocrite, it would be fine.

Yes, the question is will Kirk move away from no audibles or his audibles that take some seconds for the QB to speak out to his teammates or will Kirk trust his qb to make OPTION reads to run or pass based on number of hats in the box.

I liked the comment in the video that was something like "this stuff works as long as your qb can count and I hope he can count".
I think the prevailing opinion that KF has put a stranglehold on the offense to date is a stretch, and maybe that isn't what you were saying. I think reality is somewhere between complete control and "Hey, go get us some yards and points".

Lester is a former HC. I'm sure he understands Iowa's defense first and "don't let the offense lose the game" strategies are important to success here. But I'm sure both he a KF understand that the offense has to improve a LOT to be competitive against really good teams.

But I do get it. KF is the constant in 25 years of mediocre to awful offenses.

math-oh-yeah.gif

Reactions: uihawk82
Lester played HS ball at Wheaton Warrenville South, as did Tony Moeaki and Jon Beutjer.

WWS plays on Red Grange field. Besides being known as The Galloping Ghost, Grange was also The Wheaton Iceman, working summers on an ice truck.

And now you know the rest of the story.......

And Dace Richardson.

And my roommate Blake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT