ADVERTISEMENT

Today on twitter.

For some good tweets on James Daniels, go check out the Combine thread. He's killing it today.

Given how Ezra has been recruiting for the Hawks (of his own accord, as it should be) - the attention is nice in terms of continuing to turn positive attention upon the '19 recruiting class. Ultimately guys want to both play AND win ... so if you know that other high caliber players want to go to a school that you like ... then 'group-think' kicks in and you're more inclined to commit to that school.

Congrats to Ezra and hopefully Iowa has a great recruiting run this year!

Given how Ezra has been recruiting for the Hawks (of his own accord, as it should be) - the attention is nice in terms of continuing to turn positive attention upon the '19 recruiting class. Ultimately guys want to both play AND win ... so if you know that other high caliber players want to go to a school that you like ... then 'group-think' kicks in and you're more inclined to commit to that school.

Congrats to Ezra and hopefully Iowa has a great recruiting run this year!

I have a feeling if he hadn’t committed yet or hadn’t taken so many visits to Iowa there would be lot more big name offers for him. That being said great get and good person to have out their recruiting for the 18’ class.

Interesting to see how Ohio State plays it out with qb. Duggan should get in now if he wants to go there before someone else as good if not better jumps on it. I don’t see him fitting OSU very well. I don’t think he jumps guys like Haskins who’s a Sophmore or Tate Martell a redshirt Freshmen. And they will continue to bring in 4-5 Star guys. I think he’s good but not go in take the job day one and keep it guy that they get at OSU.

I’m no expert, but this has the feeling of a potential recruiting violation. Had it been a random encounter, probably not, but the article says Iowa told Noah he would meet Marshal...

Not saying not to make it happen if you’re Iowa and someone of Marshal’s stature is on campus, but what I would say, is keep this sort of crap out of the media. Don’t give details to land of 10...

I’m no expert, but this has the feeling of a potential recruiting violation. Had it been a random encounter, probably not, but the article says Iowa told Noah he would meet Marshal...

Not saying not to make it happen if you’re Iowa and someone of Marshal’s stature is on campus, but what I would say, is keep this sort of crap out of the media. Don’t give details to land of 10...

Hanging out with and/or meeting former players is not a recruiting violation. There was an obscure clause to that rule that Ohio State violated last year when Kirk Herbstriet met recruits and that was deemed illegal because he is part of the media. No violation here, and I'm sure our coaches knew what they were doing at the time.

Reactions: AlabamaHawk
Hanging out with and/or meeting former players is not a recruiting violation. There was an obscure clause to that rule that Ohio State violated last year when Kirk Herbstriet met recruits and that was deemed illegal because he is part of the media. No violation here, and I'm sure our coaches knew what they were doing at the time.

That’s good to know, and great for a program like Iowa given our volume of NFL players, as we need any advantage we can get.

I assumed they were considered alumni like anyone else, and hence the potential to get in trouble. Had it been, I dont think it would have been right, but you just never know with the NCAA...

I remember Iowa getting flack for the Ashton Kutcher Mike Gesell photos a few years back.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Add Nixon listed at 305, plus Hesse, and our DL potential gets me really excited. Makes me wish we could play 5 linemen in certain situations. Maybe against a team like Wisconsin, but probably never would happen.

I think boji is correct. With Yanda being an alum it isnt an issue the issue was that it was a media person (herb)
its not a violation, Alum can talk to recruits on visits , when they are back as honorary captains or when on campus for personal reasons like Yanda was for rehab. Its done on every campus and a tool Iowa should use more, that's why I wish Bob Sanders was back more often .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT