ADVERTISEMENT

Today on twitter.

I think Coy Kirkpatrick was Runner-up in 2A. Cannot recall if it was Shot or Discuss. Duwa finished 8th, which isn't bad considering he is pencil thin compared to most of those guys

A few others in the 2017 class have run 10.6 so there is some speed coming in.

I like the idea op.. there is a world of sports news / hawk news on twitter that i never see because I don't have twitter. This thread is much appreciated and I hope it continues

Get a twitter...follow @hawkeyegamefilm for great real-time technical stuff on college and pros and esp the Hawkeyes...

A few others in the 2017 class have run 10.6 so there is some speed coming in.
I live in Omaha and coach summer Track and follow high school track and football. And I can't say how much it frustrates me that none of the Midwest schools showed interest in my cousin at Creighton Prep. Dude ran a 10.6 100m at districts and 21.8 in the 200m and was 3rd in class A in receiving yards with a 1000. Committed to Kearney but I think Iowa would have been a great school for him plus they were showing interest for triple jump track scholly. Damn damn Damn!!

23 years old and was at his mama's house? Damn, when do people move out on their own these days.

This is one big guy, he already has a very nice offer list, and he already had Iowa on his list of schools before they offered.

could of swore they said safety either way he's listed as DB as you said he can go either way
Who is "they?" On many of the recruiting websites, he's listed as a safety. However, that doesn't mean that is the position that all teams see him at. In many respects, he's a lot like Spievey, Hyde, and King ... he's a 2-way player who has a lot of quickness and who has very good ball-skills.

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at WR for the Hawks. However, I think that he'll stick at CB. One outing of working with Phil ... and Iowa immediately offered him. Phil must really like how coachable the kid is.

Who is "they?" On many of the recruiting websites, he's listed as a safety. However, that doesn't mean that is the position that all teams see him at. In many respects, he's a lot like Spievey, Hyde, and King ... he's a 2-way player who has a lot of quickness and who has very good ball-skills.

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at WR for the Hawks. However, I think that he'll stick at CB. One outing of working with Phil ... and Iowa immediately offered him. Phil must really like how coachable the kid is.
Just could of swore that I read an article on here that he was offered as a Safety either way I'm happy to have Cam. It would be pretty fun to have his speed at safety imo...or just on the field anyway possible haha

OLB out of Georgia with ~20 G5 and a few P5 offers.
"It's really big because Iowa is a school that doesn't just throw out offers" said Jackson. "It really meant a lot to me that they saw my potential, my academics, and my character to grace me with one."

"Iowa is definitely in the mix with my top schools without a doubt," said Jackson, who hopes to schedule a visit to Iowa City in the near future.

It's a little disturbing when offering these guys and they almost never have any P5 offers.

It's a little disturbing when offering these guys and they almost never have any P5 offers.
Why is it a concern? They've done their homework on the kid and then they get to see the kid work with them in a camp environment. What they see in camp often is what tells them how well the kid will fit with the program.

Besides some of the guys who Iowa targets are guys who don't hit the camp circuit - thus, the exposure that some of those guys have garnered has been limited. However, lacking exposure has little do with how well the guy can perform on the gridiron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT