ADVERTISEMENT

Today on twitter.

I hope spome one at Iowa is keeping track of all the scholarship offers

Looks like Chatman is committing soon. I don't favor Iowa in this battle. I could see him choosing Oregon, FSU, or Tennessee. I do like Iowa's chances with DaShon Bussell. Looks to be a solid WR prospect.

Last edited:

Looks like Chatman is committing soon. I don't favor Iowa in this battle. I could see him choosing Oregon, FSU, or Tennessee. I do like Iowa's chances with DaShon Bussell. Looks to be a solid WR prospect.
you feel better about our chances of pulling in an early wr vs a de(let alone a de with a relative on the team)? can't say I agree :)

He does have some pretty good offers though.....wouldn't say OR or TN are that exciting though.

H4wkfan...DaShon has stated that he will take all of his official visits. I like our chances of landing him, but I didn't say he'd commit early. I hope I am wrong about Chatman. He hasn't visited Iowa, but the chance to play with family has to be a strong pull. He would be a beast in black and gold.

There's no stopping current players, I thought? These are people who have attended camps together, hard to crack down on friends.

Chris Brevi was one of earliest Armwood HS commits that we've had ... class of 2003. We definitely have some coaching contact in that school.
Antwan Allen was before him, going back to the Class of 2001 from Seffner Armwood. During one stretch there, the Hawkeyes landed Allen, Chris Brevi, Kalvin Bailey, and Lance Tillison from there. The Iowa coaching staff spent some time with the Armwood coaches during the Outback Bowl trip this past week and will be more active in recruiting there going forward now.

Reactions: dbrocket
Antwan Allen was before him, going back to the Class of 2001 from Seffner Armwood. During one stretch there, the Hawkeyes landed Allen, Chris Brevi, Kalvin Bailey, and Lance Tillison from there. The Iowa coaching staff spent some time with the Armwood coaches during the Outback Bowl trip this past week and will be more active in recruiting there going forward now.
Thanks Blair - I didn't recall that Allen was a Seffner alum.

Especially with all the rubes that trashed Kill over here for years.
Kill's approach was always pretty parallel to Ferentz's ... not terribly flashy recruiting, excellent player development, ... and the players play a tough, bruising style of football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT