ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Bauer

I’d be interested in seeing his velo and spin rates. He’s 32 and wasn’t really great until he was 27, at which point he had off-the-charts spin rates. He’s also always thrown a ton, so at 32, he might just be one of those guys whose arm doesn’t age well, especially without the sticky stuff. If he hasn’t lost a couple MPH off the fastball and his spin rates are still quite good, then it’s probably extended rust from not playing in competitive games for the better part of 2 years (plus, given the suspension and the short 2020 season, he’s made only 28 starts total since 2019). We’ll see if thosE numbers improve much over the next couple starts.

He’s also been widely reviled in pretty much every MLB clubhouse he’s ever been in. If he can show that he’s 2020 Bauer someone will eventually take a shot probably, but if he’s less than that (and it seems he is as he approaches his mid-30s), a lot of teams are not going to have any interest in his baggage.

This new lawsuit won’t help if he’s planning a return to the US. He admits to sending the woman in this suit money to have an abortion, although she eventually says she miscarried.

Well, when the victim sent a text to the effect of 'choke me out' it gets thrown out in court.

I wont defend Bauer, he is a douche and a weirdo, but he did get acquitted when it came down to it.
But the point stands he'll be in and out of court all the time. How can he possibly get 200 inngs? MLB won't let u pitch with an assault charge pending.

Well, when the victim sent a text to the effect of 'choke me out' it gets thrown out in court.

I wont defend Bauer, he is a douche and a weirdo, but he did get acquitted when it came down to it.
I just don't think guys in the clubhouse will accept him. Word from beat writers in LA is that the guys were pretty unanimous in not wanting him back. You can't destroy a locker room on anyone, especially a guy who, it appears, has lost his ability.

I just don't think guys in the clubhouse will accept him. Word from beat writers in LA is that the guys were pretty unanimous in not wanting him back. You can't destroy a locker room on anyone, especially a guy who, it appears, has lost his ability.

IF he did ever come back, it wont be to the Dodgers. It would be someone desperate like the Mets.

I still remember him chucking a baseball into the stands and Francona looking at him and asking "What the F*** is wrong with you?!?!" Lol.

And as I pointed out in previous posts. The guy can't behave. He'll go after a teammate if he feels they did something to affect his performance.

Mets owner is throwing out silly money. He'll trade for a Corbin Burnes before even considering Bauer.

Wondering if he can get back his salary since he was wrongfully suspended. I believe he lost about half of his $100M. I know, I know, but it’s the principle of the matter. MLB wrongfully suspended him and the only one who loses was Bauer.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Wondering if he can get back his salary since he was wrongfully suspended. I believe he lost about half of his $100M. I know, I know, but it’s the principle of the matter. MLB wrongfully suspended him and the only one who loses was Bauer.

Mlbpa agreed to it hauss

Reactions: mnole03
Never was a fan of Bauer, he's the king of all douchebags, but this should have never taken this long to come out. The guy was vilified in all circles, and lost his career as a result of not just false allegations, but an outright intentionally fraudulent scheme. I hope he sues the shit out of everyone who went out of their way to get him run out of the mlb, and that the chick gets thrown in jail for at least a few years.

Because he is a difficult personality, it seemed that some in sports media had it out for him from the start. I'm sure he'll have a field day with them.

Reactions: NI hawk
Because he is a difficult personality, it seemed that some in sports media had it out for him from the start. I'm sure he'll have a field day with them.
And his teammates, management, and check cutters. Pretty much anyone that he didn't pay to provide him a service hates him. He's a modern day Ty Cobb.

The guy might be a douche but that doesn't mean it was okay for him to get his life ruined like that.
While I 100% agree with you. I'm a big believer in Karma. You go through life treating people like crap and being an asshole. It seems to come back and bite you in the ass. Not saying it's right, just seems to happen that way a lot.

Reactions: tumorboy
While I 100% agree with you. I'm a big believer in Karma. You go through life treating people like crap and being an asshole. It seems to come back and bite you in the ass. Not saying it's right, just seems to happen that way a lot.
Bauer tended to go beyond the normal entitled althetes asshole behavior. On and off the field. He was a perfect mark. Nobody was going to go out of their way to defend him.

Did you not read the last page of this thread before posting this?

I'm not going back and trying to find what I missed...this is the last I knew of it...he settled with her. Not trying to be a smart ass here...what did I miss?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT