ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Bauer

No. I was going by memory of the woman's face and why the Dodgers suspended him.
There's a video of her above with nothing wrong with her face, which is what was proved in court according to the video. Seems she went home and did it to herself or had a friend do it.

Reactions: eb05
There's a video of her above with nothing wrong with her face, which is what was proved in court according to the video. Seems she went home and did it to herself or had a friend do it.
Just conversing here...was it really proven? Why did he settle if it was shown he didn't hit her?

I'm not going back and trying to find what I missed...this is the last I knew of it...he settled with her. Not trying to be a smart ass here...what did I miss?
She is a complete liar and was in it solely for the money.

Reactions: eb05 and NI hawk
Just conversing here...was it really proven? Why did he settle if it was shown he didn't hit her?
I’m not up on every detail, but they each had suits against the other and I don’t think there was a “settlement” per se, but when the additional videos and texts from her end came out, I think the end result was that they each dropped their lawsuit and there was no remaining NDA. That’s a pretty big win for Bauer that he pays nothing and can talk about his side of it.

Separate and apart from this incident he still is, and has always been, one of baseball’s biggest douchenozzles. I wouldn’t be surprised if he never suits up in MLB again.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Conflicting info on the settlement from what I can tell. He proudly says he didn't pay her a dime and wouldn't settle. The court seems to consider it a settlement because they agreed up on terms maybe? I agree it seems very odd.

The settlement was they agreed to drop their respective lawsuits but that he has the right to use all the information that has previously been withheld that he got in discovery and can go public with it. His lawsuit was about getting all the information out in public. He achieved that.

Everything I've seen is that this was a complete setup, he was a mark, it was all consensual, he never hit her, and she did it to herself to shake him down.

#MeToo era. MLB buried him. He was guilty until proven innocent.

No matter what you think about this guy, yeah, he's a douche, but as a guy you should be very wary of what happened to him, lest your life gets torn apart through false accusations as well. Or maybe not yours, but how about one of your sons?

Hopefully he sues her. And she gets charged with blackmail.
Per his video it appears he is done with the entire process given his name is cleared. She def should face some penalty but I think Bauer is done paying lawyer fees

I’m not up on every detail, but they each had suits against the other and I don’t think there was a “settlement” per se, but when the additional videos and texts from her end came out, I think the end result was that they each dropped their lawsuit and there was no remaining NDA. That’s a pretty big win for Bauer that he pays nothing and can talk about his side of it.

Separate and apart from this incident he still is, and has always been, one of baseball’s biggest douchenozzles. I wouldn’t be surprised if he never suits up in MLB again.

I’ll bet you he gets picked up in the off-season by MLB team

I’ll bet you he gets picked up in the off-season by MLB team
He may, he may not. His NPB stats aside, he hasn’t pitched in MLB since 2021 and he’ll be 33 next season. He’s never been popular among teammates going all the way back to his college career and he’s been a toxic presence in pretty much every locker room. Someone may give him a shot, but I bet at least 3/4 of the MLB will be an absolute hard pass. Just on his track record with teammates, let alone the fact that there will still be some public image issues, as most fans won’t have followed this case to the end….and to the comments others have made about karma, not sure any FO is going to want their first move to be having to explain that Trevor Bauer isn’t that bad at the introductory press conference.

He may, he may not. His NPB stats aside, he hasn’t pitched in MLB since 2021 and he’ll be 33 next season. He’s never been popular among teammates going all the way back to his college career and he’s been a toxic presence in pretty much every locker room. Someone may give him a shot, but I bet at least 3/4 of the MLB will be an absolute hard pass. Just on his track record with teammates, let alone the fact that there will still be some public image issues, as most fans won’t have followed this case to the end….and to the comments others have made about karma, not sure any FO is going to want their first move to be having to explain that Trevor Bauer isn’t that bad at the introductory press conference.
His ERA alone at 33 is impressive. He gonna get a shot

He did sue her, so she countersued. In the end, everyone dropped their suit.
There’s more to it. He didn’t pay her anything. He wasn’t suing her for financial gain and would not have gained anything monetarily from her anyway. And he gets to talk about it. The last part is invaluable.

Reactions: hawkifann
Nothing to gain. He spent more on lawyers than he could have gotten from her. I believe criminal charges can still be brought and those are outside the settlement.

His ERA alone at 33 is impressive. He gonna get a shot
He likely will get a shot of some sort. ERA in NPB is high level, but it’s also not a straight comp to MLB. Will be interesting to see what’s on the table. He’s going to get get big money on a multi-year deal to come back to MLB - if you’re in that market, you’re better off paying for Aaron Nola or that type of FA. Will he take a 1-yr/prove-it deal or would he be willing to come in on a minor league contract/invite to spring training and try to make a team?

Women have made it very difficult for themselves in the sexual assault arena. Any time a high profile person is accused anymore I assume it's something like this, which is sad. Bauer is a complete douche nozzle and people assumed his guilt on that alone. Glad he got to clear the air and prove his innocence. The fact that girl doesn't have to spend 5 years in prison is dumb.

Reactions: jasonrann
He likely will get a shot of some sort. ERA in NPB is high level, but it’s also not a straight comp to MLB. Will be interesting to see what’s on the table. He’s going to get get big money on a multi-year deal to come back to MLB - if you’re in that market, you’re better off paying for Aaron Nola or that type of FA. Will he take a 1-yr/prove-it deal or would he be willing to come in on a minor league contract/invite to spring training and try to make a team?
I hope the Cardinals offer him a shot. Our pitching is/was garbage

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Mets.

That's an organization known for consistently making really good decisions...........from the top on down.

cough cough
They’re in a tough spot. This stuff lingers on for a long time and the league still has a bad rep for a variety of kinds of abuse. It’s tough, but I bet the MLB PR people would still say they’d rather be on this end of the Bauer case than not. Teams have similar issues. Not to defend it, but this is more than just “innocent until proven guilty” when there are customers and corporate sponsors to deal with in the short-term while this stuff is going on.

Also worth noting that he still has 3 other accusers out there. He may be full innocent on all of it, but this wasn’t the only person who raised this with him.

Reactions: lucas80
Reactions: EagleHawk
They’re in a tough spot. This stuff lingers on for a long time and the league still has a bad rep for a variety of kinds of abuse. It’s tough, but I bet the MLB PR people would still say they’d rather be on this end of the Bauer case than not. Teams have similar issues. Not to defend it, but this is more than just “innocent until proven guilty” when there are customers and corporate sponsors to deal with in the short-term while this stuff is going on.

sure they were in a tough spot in the beginning. here’s the thing though, they put him on administrative leave for like a year then after they had all the information exonerating him they still levied a 324 game suspension. they royally screwed up and pretty much ruined his career.

sure they were in a tough spot in the beginning. here’s the thing though, they put him on administrative leave for like a year then after they had all the information exonerating him they still levied a 324 game suspension. they royally screwed up and pretty much ruined his career.
I think he would still wind up in the same place, albeit perhaps without the suspension. Dodgers weren’t going to bring him back, so he’d likely still be in Japan and looking for a chance to come back.

I think he would still wind up in the same place, albeit perhaps without the suspension. Dodgers weren’t going to bring him back, so he’d likely still be in Japan and looking for a chance to come back.

you definitely may be right but in my opinion you let the market decide those things not public pressure from people who don’t have all the facts

cough cough
I think they handled it correctly. Same with Wander Franco. MLB has an abysmal history on domestic violence and sexual assault. They need to change that narrative no matter what. They need to keep corporate money coming in.

If everything said above is true and this was a setup, MLB should settle with Bauer.

Reactions: hawkifann
you definitely may be right but in my opinion you let the market decide those things not public pressure from people who don’t have all the facts
In fairness, until this last round of lawsuits, NOBODY had all the facts. MLB didn’t. Dodgers didn’t. NPB didn’t. Corporate sponsors didn’t. In an information vacuum, everyone has to make up their own mind and in this era, with those kinds of accusations (note there are still some out there unresolved, though Bauer denies), it‘s not surprising when decisions are made by entities to distance themselves from the accused. That is the market deciding.

I think they handled it correctly. Same with Wander Franco. MLB has an abysmal history on domestic violence and sexual assault. They need to change that narrative no matter what. They need to keep corporate money coming in.

If everything said above is true and this was a setup, MLB should settle with Bauer.
Will be interesting. If Bauer is fully innocent of all accusations, it would seem he might have a solid case to sue MLB for some/all of his lost pay. Filing a suit, though, would also call for discovery into all of the cases he’s been accused of and if there’s some merit in even one of the other cases, it might be a very tough and public battle for Bauer.

Reactions: mnole03
In fairness, until this last round of lawsuits, NOBODY had all the facts. MLB didn’t. Dodgers didn’t. NPB didn’t. Corporate sponsors didn’t. In an information vacuum, everyone has to make up their own mind and in this era, with those kinds of accusations (note there are still some out there unresolved, though Bauer denies), it‘s not surprising when decisions are made by entities to distance themselves from the accused. That is the market deciding.
BS. Innocent until proven guilty still matters in this country and he was never even charged with a crime.
It would be one thing to suspend him when charged with a crime but this was purely a fear move by mlb and the dodgers.

BS. Innocent until proven guilty still matters in this country and he was never even charged with a crime.
It would be one thing to suspend him when charged with a crime but this was purely a fear move by mlb and the dodgers.
People get suspended all the time for things that aren’t criminal.…and they cut ties with players sometimes because they’re losing money in other areas.

Did he go to jail no. He lost money. A lot of it do to the fact he has a history of treating women teammates, coaches, trainer, fans like shit.
Baseball is the entertainment business. If folks don't want to pay for him to be involved with their team it's their right.
Jose Cancesco got black balled and he never got convicted of anything. Same with Milton Bradley.

Don’t worry, @DeangeloVickers has never heard of Trevor Bauer the pitcher. He’s only familiar with Trevor Bauer, the guy who has recently been in the news.
Would be interesting if Bauer were to go for a grievance against MLB for the suspension & lost pay. Him being released and not signed is just business, it can happen if you suck, get injured, be a distraction, etc., but my point was whether Trevor would actually try to claim complete innocence in all the complaints against him, which would likely be table stakes for winning a grievance/lawsuit for back pay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT