ADVERTISEMENT

Trump going to SCOTUS over Mar A Lago secret documents?

It’s a strange request. Sounds like they only want to overturn the 11th Circuit’s order to the extent it kept the classified docs out of Judge Dearie’s review. So even if Dearie reviews he isn’t going to find privileged material in those classified documents. So, wtf?

I imagine this was a client insisting that this be brought to the Supreme Court because “they owe him.”

Complete horseshit. Now, I have delt shit to the court before (obligation), but this is the type of stuff that gets attorneys disciplined.

I guess if we’re lucky, we can watch a former president go to prison for political reasons. Can’t see any backlash from that on our country.

What political reasons are you referring to?

I don't see it.
Dementia Joe whines about trump and the ultra MAGAs daily. It’s not helping his popularity. The only people left supporting him are the extreme left.

You dont think Trump having those documents illegally is wrong? That's not political. If he is indicted, that will be based on the evidence and what the law says.
The worst that will happen to him is House Arrest at one of his resorts. Anyone else pulls half the crap he's accused of would be sitting alone in a cell in Fed U. While this process plays out.

You got 5 complete right wing nutters on there. If he can get it to the SC his chances are good.

Reactions: joelbc1
That seems like a terrible conflict of interests. Three of those Justices owe their immensely powerful and permanent position to the man. I am doubtful that that could be wholly set aside, even if they were the most virtuous humans to ever walk the earth.

That seems like a terrible conflict of interests. Three of those Justices owe their immensely powerful and permanent position to the man. I am doubtful that that could be wholly set aside, even if they were the most virtuous humans to ever walk the earth.
The Federalist judges have zero conflicts of interest. The guys are dogmatic and narrow-minded. The country is in for some dark judicial times, I fear.

It was submitted directly to Justice Thomas, so Ginny may be directing traffic here

No, it’s because in this case Thomas is the one assigned to review appeals from the 11th circuit jurisdiction.

You got 5 complete right wing nutters on there. If he can get it to the SC his chances are good.

Actually in cases involving Trump specifically they’ve pretty consistently ruled against him.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I guess if we’re lucky, we can watch a former president go to prison for political reasons. Can’t see any backlash from that on our country.
I guess if you've been a criminal all your life, that, being a republican makes any, attempts at justice, political. Why would we expect anything different from a constitutional scholar like you?

Reactions: TheCainer
Look! The old NC is showing is true internet tough guy colors again. I'll go ahead and say my goodbyes now. 🤣
Idk if that’s a threat, but that’s how I’m interpreting it. Everyone just calm down.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
I bet Biden's support amongst MAGAts is slippin' badly, huh?
Lol what? No, independents. Definitely a worse scenario. This guy is awful. This is what happens when you pick leaders based on the color of their skin or who they like to play with instead of merit.

This will be interesting. A real test for the supreme court. It should be a 9-0 against Trump but I wouldn't bet on that.
Not saying it won’t or shouldn’t be, but what’s your justification for making such a matter of fact statement? You don’t even know what the arguments for or against are or will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT