ADVERTISEMENT

Trump keeps winning

From the article.First paragraph even-

Beijing (AFP) - Washington and Beijing have agreed to abandon any trade war and back off from imposing tariffs on each other, Chinese state media reported Sunday.

Soooo... Trump completely backs down from tariffs he initiated and Trump is winning?

Of course it is! No tariffs. He got their attention and they backed down. Winning.

Reactions: RNHawk
From the article.First paragraph even-

Beijing (AFP) - Washington and Beijing have agreed to abandon any trade war and back off from imposing tariffs on each other, Chinese state media reported Sunday.

Soooo... Trump completely backs down from tariffs he initiated and Trump is winning?

China came to the table to negotiate after Trump threatened tariffs, now they have agreed to stop it and work out the issues. When was the last time that happened in regards to trade. The last 4 Presidents didn't do anything and China kept bending the US over. I call that a win in my book, but again I don't have anti trump hysteria running through my veins

We aren’t punishing ZTE and we aren’t going to impose tariffs on China.

What are we getting? Do we each get $500 million or is that just Trump?

An earlier joint statement issued in Washington said Beijing would "significantly" increase its purchases of American goods, but offered few details.

China came to the table to negotiate after Trump threatened tariffs, now they have agreed to stop it and work out the issues. When was the last time that happened in regards to trade. The last 4 Presidents didn't do anything and China kept bending the US over. I call that a win in my book, but again I don't have anti trump hysteria running through my veins
What about Trump agreeing to not impose tariffs? We are starting from zero again.

Reactions: Moral
We still have the same trade deficit we did before Trumps trade war. How is this winning?

Reactions: Moral
The story implies all of the tariffs that were announced in the past month or so.

But it's YahooNews so it's short on details.
Holy Christ, man. You just admitted that we're back to where we were before this stupid trade war.

My orders to Korea have doubled in the last few months, I have orders to go to Shanghai, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Chile, Singapore, Italy, and Canada.
Now Trump has nothing to do with any of this, but after 8 months of 50 to 60 hour weeks, I could use a little trade war right now.

Don't know from this story, but the story does say they're going to buy more American products. So, that's a win.
This sounds like it has nothing to do with Trump but simple math of a growing Chinese population:

"To meet the growing consumption needs of the Chinese people and the need for high-quality economic development, China will significantly increase purchases of United States goods and services."

Reactions: srams21 and mnole03
No, the story says the Chinese committed to significantly increasing the purchases of U.S. products. Try to keep up.

Right, that’s how fast growing economies work. That’s why US exports to China were up 80% during Obama’s administration, and 10% last year.

Reactions: Huey Grey
It also looks like Trump will allow China to continue stealing our intellectual property which was the big issue, anyway.

Reactions: wilson reborn
I think we need to wait and see what comes of this. Right now it seems like a step in the right direction.

Reactions: RNHawk
Protip: He just did.

Who owes me $50 now???:cool:

Um even the Joker who isn’t exactly conservative agrees this is a step in the right direction. He threatened tariffs and China is coming to the table to talk trade. Why is that so hard for you to understand

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT