ADVERTISEMENT

Trump posts he will be arrested Tuesday

If he's gonna hole-up at Mar A Lago and call out his minions with ARs to hold a stand-off, I'd say it's high time to give everyone inside 60 minutes to evac, then send in National Guard troops with full body armor and civilian attack vehicles to take the place by force.

That's what he wants, give it to him. Shoot anything and anyone that moves.
So you're calling for a full on Janet Reno type raid. Awesome...

GettyImages_1414652.0.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
On Truth social, Says “Protest, Take our country back”.
Michael Cohen arranged the NDA and payment to Stormy Daniels through a shell corporation he set up. Trump reimbursed Cohen for the payments which the Trump Organization documented as "legal services". Cohen was paid a bonus and the total amount of the reimbursement was "grossed up" to make his reimbursement whole after taxes. Cohen was charged with violating federal campaign finance laws in relation to the payments as it was considered to be an illegal and unreported contribution to Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

The path they're taking is that the documentation of the payments was a falsification of business records as the reimbursement to Cohen wasn't a "legal service" to the Trump Organization but a contribution to Donald Trump’s campaign and/or personal expense of Donald Trump.

The falsification of business records is a misdemeanor in New York with a statute of limitation of 2 years. However, falsification of business records with the intent to cover up a crime can be charged as a felony in New York. In this case, the underlying crime would have been Cohen's campaign finance violation as he's plead guilty to it. So the felony charge would be a falsification of business records to cover up a federal campaign finance violation.

The statue of limitations there is 5 years. Trump's final reimbursement to Cohen came in December of 2017 but accounting for the payments may have carried into 2018 which would still put us barely into the SoL window which is why they're moving on it now.

Bragg would need to verifably document records on the payments into 2018 and if he's successful there, he'll need to prove that Trump acted with INTENT to cover up the commission of campaign finance violations which will be difficult to say the least as Trumps likely defense will be his intent was to prevent personal and reputational damage.

This is what it is all about. Other legal minds can weigh in on whether this would ever be pursued in any other instance. I already know the answer. Like the guy, or hate the guy, this to me is absolutely silly, and also very obvious in intent. It shows lack of prosecutorial judgment, and probably leads to prosecutorial misconduct. But that's where we're at I guess.

Last edited:
Everything I’ve read is that this will get shut down to a misdemeanor. There’s really no question he committed a misdemeanor but the felony charge is weak. Republicans will brag and host when it gets dropped to a misdemeanor and Democrats will brag and boost when he’s convicted of that misdemeanor.

Michael Cohen arranged the NDA and payment to Stormy Daniels through a shell corporation he set up. Trump reimbursed Cohen for the payments which the Trump Organization documented as "legal services". Cohen was paid a bonus and the total amount of the reimbursement was "grossed up" to make his reimbursement whole after taxes. Cohen was charged with violating federal campaign finance laws in relation to the payments as it was considered to be an illegal and unreported contribution to Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

The path they're taking is that the documentation of the payments was a falsification of business records as the reimbursement to Cohen wasn't a "legal service" to the Trump Organization but a contribution to Donald Trump’s campaign and/or personal expense of Donald Trump.

The falsification of business records is a misdemeanor in New York with a statute of limitation of 2 years. However, falsification of business records with the intent to cover up a crime can be charged as a felony in New York. In this case, the underlying crime would have been Cohen's campaign finance violation as he's plead guilty to it. So the felony charge would be a falsification of business records to cover up a federal campaign finance violation.

The statue of limitations there is 5 years. Trump's final reimbursement to Cohen came in December of 2017 but accounting for the payments may have carried into 2018 which would still put us barely into the SoL window which is why they're moving on it now.

Bragg would need to verifably document records on the payments into 2018 and if he's successful there, he'll need to prove that Trump acted with INTENT to cover up the commission of campaign finance violations which will be difficult to say the least as Trumps likely defense will be his intent was to prevent personal and reputational damage.

This is what it is all about. Other legal minds can weigh in on whether this would ever be pursued in any other instance. I already know the answer. Like the guy, or hate the guy, this to me is absolutely silly, and also very obvious in intent. t shows lack of prosecutorial judgment, and probably leads to prosecutorial misconduct. But tat's where we're at I guess.
I don’t know the ins and outs of it to make an informed judgment, but it does seem like small potatoes compared with all the other stuff Trump has done over the years.

I still believe Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell.

this week super interesting thread topics every morning.

even if trump gets convicted for soliciting a prostitute, i wonder if he will turn it to his advantage. the guy will tell his people that after working like a dog he had merely required the stress release so he could continue working late into the night and is being an alpha virile dog such a bad thing in a leader.

This is what it is all about. Other legal minds can weigh in on whether this would ever be pursued in any other instance. I already know the answer. Like the guy, or hate the guy, this to me is absolutely silly, and also very obvious in intent. It shows lack of prosecutorial judgment, and probably leads to prosecutorial misconduct. But that's where we're at I guess.
So you are advocating that people shouldn’t have to follow the law?

Weird flex.

Everything I’ve read is that this will get shut down to a misdemeanor. There’s really no question he committed a misdemeanor but the felony charge is weak. Republicans will brag and host when it gets dropped to a misdemeanor and Democrats will brag and boost when he’s convicted of that misdemeanor.
Agreed. I think this has backfire potential. Out of all Trump’s legal issues, this one is by far the least important. If the Georgia case ever goes anywhere (not holding my breath), then we’re talking about some serious stuff.

Of course no one is above the law, yada, yada, but there’s a cruel reality to the situation as well and feel like this will eventually lead to some kind of victory for Trump (because it always does).

If this was a normal person, with a normal attorney, the funds would have been paid to the attorney's trust account and then paid out to the defendant upon settlement and signing of the NDA. Simple, done.

The LLC and improper deduction scheme, I assume that was all constructed by Weisselberg and Cohen. Trump is not a details guy, so I can't imagine he knew the particulars of how the payoff was made to Daniels, just that it was "done".

Suffice it to say, I suspect they will have a hard time producing evidence of Trump's intent outside of Cohen's and Weisselberg's testimony.

Reactions: lucas80

NY SoL tolls when you’re continuously out of the state, up to five years in addition to time prescribed by the SoL. § 30.10 (4)(a)(i)

NY SoL tolls against a public servant or anyone acting in concert with a public servant in an offense involving misconduct in public office until the public servant leaves office. § 30.10 (3)(f)

Last edited:
So did Trump do something wrong and he should’ve gotten away with it in your world? Trying to wrap my head around this.
Nope, if Trump did something illegal he should be charged accordingly. I'm tired of the OBVIOUS double standard that is 100% politically and establishment driven.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Democrat here and I think electing a moderate Republican POTUS 24 would be one of the most wonderful things to happen. We need a functioning Republican Party that could show the lunatic base you can still win without conspiracy or owning the libs and maybe force Democrats to pick some younger candidates.
Gross. The Republican Party has to earn that right, not just have it handed to them. I want full Democrat rule so they can pass things for the American people. If these policies fail, which they won’t when most Americans would support them, but if they do, then maybe Republicans can get a say back in what’s good for us. That party has massively failed middle class America since Reagan. Eff them. I don’t trust them at all. Until they can earn that back they won’t get my vote. Basically, they broke it. They stand for nothing that I’m for besides having a world leading military with our troops taken care of. Having said that, Republicans have to be begged to support our troops when they come home.

Nope, if Trump did something illegal he should be charged accordingly. I'm tired of the OBVIOUS double standard that is 100% politically and establishment driven.

Will you be okay when the double standard allows Jared Kushner and former Treasury Secretary Mnuchin to freely walk upon this earth despite clearly selling access and policy influence and profiting from their government roles?

There are areas of mutual agreement regarding Trump...but then you post something from this putrid grifting pile of 💩.
Three steps forward then two steps back...
You agreed with everything that man said before Trump so who ya crappin’?

Reactions: nelly02
Who is preventing the other arrested specifically? Do you have any links backing this up?

The affair took place in 2006. The payment came a decade later in October 2016. It would be difficult to argue that the "personal and reputational damage" he feared wasn't tied to an election the following month. That would make it campaign-related and thus a violation.

If this was a normal person, with a normal attorney, the funds would have been paid to the attorney's trust account and then paid out to the defendant upon settlement and signing of the NDA. Simple, done.

The LLC and improper deduction scheme, I assume that was all constructed by Weisselberg and Cohen. Trump is not a details guy, so I can't imagine he knew the particulars of how the payoff was made to Daniels, just that it was "done".

Suffice it to say, I suspect they will have a hard time producing evidence of Trump's intent outside of Cohen's and Weisselberg's testimony.
Knowing details, emails, signing stuff... Those are all things that Fred Trump taught Donald not to do.
Weisselberg is an interesting element to the story. He's at Rikers Island right now serving time for crimes Donald Trump had him do. It has been reported that investigators have gone to Rikers several times. Is he willing to help out a little more vigorously this time? If Bragg is signaling to Weisselberg that he will face additional charges that could include more prison time, then I can see more documentation, or damning testimony. Weisselberg probably thought he could handle a few months, but a few years?

JFC, if this culminates with a fvcking misdemeanor charge, my Gawd this will blow up in the Dems faces.

I called Herschel Walker being a tough candidate to beat back when everyone thought he had no chance.

Pence has 100% name recognition, is comfortable on the national stage, and is the former Vice President. Based on that alone he has a decent shot. Now all he needs is for Trump to go down, a flood of Rs announcing because the nomination is wide open, and he will be able to outlast the vast majority of them. If Pence can do well in some of the early primaries the narrative of him being a joke will suddenly turn into him being a contender.
Pence is never in a million years gonna own libs the way Trump did and DeSantis is trying to do.

That's what it's about now Huey. They want a guy "who tells it like it is".

Pence is the type of mealy mouthed, totally scripted traditional pol whose time passed when Trump came on the scene.

Pence is never in a million years gonna own libs the way Trump did and DeSantis is trying to do.

That's what it's about now Huey. They want a guy "who tells it like it is".

Pence is the type of mealy mouthed, totally scripted traditional pol whose time passed when Trump came on the scene.
I wouldn't underestimate Pence. Pence is just as capable as anyone else to try owning the libs. It takes no talent or skill to try owning libs. Even our own weak Governor excels in it. And keep in mind that he was one of the first Rs to call Tuesday a witch-hunt and says it's the Dems playing politics. Pence has plenty of time to go scorched Earth. He spent four years supporting Trump and watching him do it He proved himself on the national stage. I wouldn't bag on those tools in his toolbox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT