ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Interviews Devon Archer

3. How does the VP, whose only constitutional power is to break ties in the Senate, have the power to influence anyone? Is that the first place you'd go if you were a foreign actor trying to find an accomplice when you need to have policy influenced? Seems like anyone in Congress or the POTUS and his cabinet would be better places to look first.
VP Biden had a lot more power than simply casting tie-breaking votes. President Obama had assigned him as our point man in the effort to help the fledgling Ukrainian government get established and also to oversee the distribution of American aid, including the effort to stabilize Ukraine’s energy sector.

LOL

Stupid Constitution and Article III Section I which allows them to do exactly that.

What Alito told a Journal editor and a conservative writer in the interview was certainly controversial; the justice said so himself: “I know this is a controversial view, but I'm willing to say it: No provision in the Constitution gives [Congress] the authority to regulate the Supreme Court — period.”

I will take alito's opinion over yours any day of the week.

What Alito told a Journal editor and a conservative writer in the interview was certainly controversial; the justice said so himself: “I know this is a controversial view, but I'm willing to say it: No provision in the Constitution gives [Congress] the authority to regulate the Supreme Court — period.”

Alito is flat out WRONG here, and that was posted weeks ago.

In fact, Alito's current seat was CREATED BY CONGRESS and he would not even BE ON THE COURT if Congress had not made that expansion. Congress also sets their salaries.
So, yes, Congress absolutely has the power to "regulate" the Court. It does not have the power to overturn their decisions, but that is not what Alito said here.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Alito is flat out WRONG here, and that was posted weeks ago.

In fact, Alito's current seat was CREATED BY CONGRESS and he would not even BE ON THE COURT if Congress had not made that expansion. Congress also sets their salaries.
So, yes, Congress absolutely has the power to "regulate" the Court. It does not have the power to overturn their decisions, but that is not what Alito said here.
🥱

LOL

Good luck with that. It’s not my opinion. It’s in the Constitution. Almost every legal scholar both liberal and conservative disagrees with Alito.

And ask yourself this - don’t strain yourself - if Congress cannot regulate the Supreme Court, how did they change the size of the Court in the past? How did they issue strip the Court in the past?

Carry on.

Who are we going with here, folks? This handle is about 90 percent of a Nat Algren. So close, but some tiny glimpses of self awareness, and it stays out of the Ukraine thread.
I think I've made a total of 2 or 3 contributions in the Ukraine thread lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT