ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday will be the end .....

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
of week two. I would think we may hear something about the OC this week based on Kirk's two - three week comment. It will happen when it happens.

The WR coach replacement will also be interesting. I saw Bobby Engram mentioned, would he really leave the Commanders?

I doubt we see any other coaching changes.

of week two. I would think we may hear something about the OC this week based on Kirk's two - three week comment. It will happen when it happens.

The WR coach replacement will also be interesting. I saw Bobby Engram mentioned, would he really leave the Commanders?

Mentioned by who?

Mentioned by who?
Kirk mentioned in an interview before the bowl game that the process was going well and hoped to have something finalized in 2-3 weeks after the bowl game. I don't have his exact wording but it was something to that effect.

Reactions: Torg
Kirk mentioned in an interview before the bowl game that the process was going well and hoped to have something finalized in 2-3 weeks after the bowl game. I don't have his exact wording but it was something to that effect.
I think he’s talking specifically about Bobby Engram.

I’m not exactly sure the origin littlez, but it has been mentioned on this board. It emboldened the idea that Chryst was going to be the OC.

I think he probably has his OC and is discussing staff so Kirk can do the cleaning prior to the OC announce so he doesn’t have to. Probably has his own wants.

Reactions: desihawk

I believe I lose brain cells after reading your posts. Good job.

Commanders new ownership fired the HC. Everybody is probably gone.

I'm not worried about the time frame of an OC, I'm more concerned with who it will be. It's a vital hire that KF must get right and must allow some level of independence to. This will determine so much going forward and how, at least some of us, will forever view his legacy. I hope he gets it right. The names I've seen that we're possibly after do give me some hope.

Yawn.

I would be shocked if it wasn't Budmayr. It's KF's M.O. Hope it works out.
Homer Simpson GIF

When will some people realize what most of football would call "getting it right" hire has nothing to do with why Kirk is taking his sweet time about this. Kirk is not looking to upgrade the offense , that would show how ineffective his son was....he is looking to keep things status quo.....because he is not going to give in to the notion that anything was wrong to the point that Brian (his annointed head coach in waiting) needed to be fired.

So Kirk made a couple of phone calls, most likely laid out his vision that the offense needs to be one of field posiiton manager and after all it works ...look I just won 10 games. At that point whether it had been PC or JP....said thanks but no thanks, I'm not working under any constraints and inputs of my own.

So here we are....the Kirk way once again. In my opinion it's time (or past it) for AD and Admin to step in and hire a consultant to help with this hire as not trusting Kirk has the good of Iowa football program in mind at this point.

I also don't fully blame Brian for the offensive woes as much as I assign it to Kirk. Kirk had a vision of winning by defense and field position and solid error free football. Having a son as the OC meant he could get full compliant with his visions. QB is the most important position of a football team. Kirk has regulated that poisiton to be something far less.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT