ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook

Looks like Brooklyn is already way over the salary cap and luxury tax threshold. But their owner is really rich and my not care if he thinks Blake can help them win a title. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is it for Tyler with the team if they bring Blake in.

• Sad
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Roberson and Shumpert were released with the signing. Tentatively looks like Cook cleared the first hurdle towards keeping a roster spot.
not sure about that :(

Their current 15 man roster

EwAwTT5WYAAXYlN

The irony is that Tyler Cook is now more like a young Blake Griffin than current Blake Griffin is.

I get it though. If you have the chance to win a championship and bring in a veteran leader, do it.

BTW, if they win the whole thing, does he get a ring?
Depends upon team ownership. I think if you’re on the playoff roster it is a guarantee. If you aren’t, then it is up to the owner to say how much you had to play to get a ring. Some give it to everyone, others have a required percentage of games. Cook played 4 games out of a scheduled 72 in the regular season totaling less than 17 minutes. So I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

Reactions: 24 so far
The irony is that Tyler Cook is now more like a young Blake Griffin than current Blake Griffin is.

I get it though. If you have the chance to win a championship and bring in a veteran leader, do it.

BTW, if they win the whole thing, does he get a ring?
I heard a stat the other day that Blake Griffin still hasn’t dunked this year (and hasn’t since 2019). Pretty incredible for a 6’9 athletic freak that he used to be. The knee surgeries have really made the guy a shell of his former self

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT